Hurricane Maria

Bigbluegal

I just reread the letter and it is St Croix

Originally posted by lauraodonnell86 This was a post this morning from a real estate company that my husband and I follow in St. Croix.

Posting from the states on behalf of Farchette & Hanley: For all those concerned about Kerri and Chris Hanley... all is well! Spoke with them Wednesday night and they are only having connectivity issues following Hurricane Maria.

Overall, St. Croix luckily weathered well. Not nearly the catastrophic level of damage sustained on St. John and areas of St. Thomas from Hurricane Irma.

Here is the initial damage report they have seen or received info about on St. Croix, as many roads are currently impassable with down trees or power lines. We will update as we receive more info:

- Significant debris in streets of Christiansted and Frederiksted, no collapsed buildings

- Federal courthouse has significant roof damage

- Hospital has water damage but no roof damage

- Sunny isle is okay, maybe a couple of stores blown in with roll down shutters

- GoodHope CountryDay School is intact

- Major grocery stores seem okay

- Airport capable of receiving relief flights ASAP if allowed

- Gallows Bay: multiple roofs missing on businesses

- East End roof damage on 1 out of every 20-30 homes. Some roads impassible due to power lines. Very limited cell / internet.

LOL! I won't be buying what they're selling!

Their report is legit...and making fun of it is actually quite sad.

These islands are in great distress' date=' and they have many months and even years (in some cases) of recovery work ahead.[/quote']

Maybe you didn't understand that the letter, from REALTORS WHO HAVE A STAKE IN MAKING US THINK EVERYTHING IS GREAT, is telling us that St. Croix is "only having connectivity issues." And "All is well." If you read the letter it is nonsense. Therefore, I will not be believing what these people are trying to tell us.

I am NOT making fun of people who have lost their lives and livelihoods. I AM making fun of people who are deliberately misleading people for their own financial gain. The realtors are doing a grave disservice to the people who are in dire need of help. If you believe "their report is legit," then there ISN'T anyone in great distress. Why are the realtors telling us there isn't?

Renee

You know what, I apologize for trying to give you information.

I have more than a dog in the fight, I have people on the island that I would do anything for. You want me to put my I phone down sure no problem.

My BF last message from her was I am bailing water out my house. That was over 48 hours ago.

I have seen videos from ex co-workers attempting to arrive to work.

I don't post what I don't know!

So your right, I will put my IPhone down. I won't share any more information.

So you can all go where the sun won't shine, enjoy your 1/2 price drinks etc, hopefully I won't run into any of you on any of my cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. Maybe someone already had too many half price drinks and can't believe anyone but them is capable of having information or valid input.

I just reread the letter and it is St Croix

Originally posted by lauraodonnell86 This was a post this morning from a real estate company that my husband and I follow in St. Croix.

Posting from the states on behalf of Farchette & Hanley: For all those concerned about Kerri and Chris Hanley... all is well! Spoke with them Wednesday night and they are only having connectivity issues following Hurricane Maria.

Overall' date=' St. Croix luckily weathered well. Not nearly the catastrophic level of damage sustained on St. John and areas of St. Thomas from Hurricane Irma.[/font']

Here is the initial damage report they have seen or received info about on St. Croix, as many roads are currently impassable with down trees or power lines. We will update as we receive more info:

- Significant debris in streets of Christiansted and Frederiksted, no collapsed buildings

- Federal courthouse has significant roof damage

- Hospital has water damage but no roof damage

- Sunny isle is okay, maybe a couple of stores blown in with roll down shutters

- GoodHope CountryDay School is intact

- Major grocery stores seem okay

- Airport capable of receiving relief flights ASAP if allowed

- Gallows Bay: multiple roofs missing on businesses

- East End roof damage on 1 out of every 20-30 homes. Some roads impassible due to power lines. Very limited cell / internet.

Maybe you didn't understand that the letter, from REALTORS WHO HAVE A STAKE IN MAKING US THINK EVERYTHING IS GREAT, is telling us that St. Croix is "only having connectivity issues." And "All is well." If you read the letter it is nonsense. Therefore, I will not be believing what these people are trying to tell us.

I am NOT making fun of people who have lost their lives and livelihoods. I AM making fun of people who are deliberately misleading people for their own financial gain. The realtors are doing a grave disservice to the people who are in dire need of help. If you believe "their report is legit," then there ISN'T anyone in great distress. Why are the realtors telling us there isn't?

Renee

Did you even read it? It described plenty of damage from a first hand account. To make this out as a realtor lying to make a buck is cynical and ignorant beyond belief.

Thank you. Maybe someone already had too many half price drinks and can't believe anyone but them is capable of having information or valid input.

No thank you, couple others agreed with the poster. Good luck with your future vacation plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please. Put your iPhone down. You can list all the ifs you want.

The truth is that RCCL is not going to put any customers in harm's way. They have done everything they can to help those of us who are on their ships now: free WiFi, a room with laptops and free phone service, paying any airline change fees, etc. They will do the same for the next group of passengers. They know a lot more about conditions than you. If you don't have a dog in the fight and are just fanning the flames that helps no one. If you have a cruise in the next week, wait for news from RCCL. Now I'm going for a 1/2 price drink.

Fanning flames? It is a disaster area with corresponding disaster scenarios.

Or maybe Royal's is damaged and they are hoping it will all be OK by Wednesday. It just seems suspicious that Carnival has cancelled SJ departures as far out as Oct 8th and Royal seems to be business as usual. They can't share a pier in these hard times?

Were cancelling our cruise on the 30th and booking one out of Florida. We can't wait anymore to have RCCL cancel on us 48 hours before and then we can't go anywhere else. I think RCCL is using this strategy to have people cancel on their own and go thru insurance so they don't have to refund us and they can keep our cruise fares. I have always highly praised RCCL, but this time they have really disappointed me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Were cancelling our cruise on the 30th and booking one out of Florida. We can't wait anymore to have RCCL cancel on us 48 hours before and then we can't go anywhere else. I think RCCL is using this strategy to have people cancel on their own and go thru insurance so they don't have to refund us and they can keep our cruise fares. I have always highly praised RCCL, but this time they have really disappointed me.

Have you tried calling RCCL and asked if they would switch you to a different ship, maybe departing from Florida the same weekend?

We sailed on Brilliance from Cape Liberty in the immediate aftermath of hurricane Sandy, and others on our roll call had success in switching Oasis.

We did, they said they can't until they announce the cruise being cancelled. We have full insurance so not too concerned. We have barely slept a wink each night because we're wondering if today is the day we're gunna find out that the cruise got cancelled. I'm so sick of it. I respect what carnival did today, it says a lot about the corporation.

We did, they said they can't until they announce the cruise being cancelled. We have full insurance so not too concerned. We have barely slept a wink each night because we're wondering if today is the day we're gunna find out that the cruise got cancelled. I'm so sick of it. I respect what carnival did today, it says a lot about the corporation.

Do you have cancel for no reason at all or what? I realized last cruise that I had cancel for any of 1,000 reasons but no reason at all. I want to buy cancel for no reason. Like, nothing happened; I just don't want to go.

Who sells that and what is it called? Thanks.

I agree....I see it as 3 days plus 60% of my money back and then 50% toward my next sailing 110% refund :) But I agree...If this is your one any only the 50% doesn't mean much.

would you really fly to SJU for a 3 night cruise?

Not likely it will happen anyway. SW has cancelled all flights through end of month. Other lines may follow