Carnival Saved our wedding from Hurricane Irma

deanrob84

1 - Congratulations, and I'm so happy it all worked out for you and that Carnival stepped up big time to make your wedding amazing

2 - this is something you usually hear about Disney, going above and beyond for their guests. It is so nice to hear about Carnival since usually we only hear about cutbacks and what they did wrong. Great Job Carnival!

Absolutely stunning!! Congratulations and thank you for sharing your special day with all of us. Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness.

This was a heartwarming thread :) and certainly a wedding to remember! Thank you for sharing it with us.:*

Maybe there really is karmic payback .... you helped others after the storm and the reward was a one of a kind dream wedding

Yep, definitely the most heartwarming and moving story I have ever read on Cruise Critic.

I second that observation about this being something you would expect from Disney. ;) Been there, done that.

Congratulations!! Thank you for sharing this amazing story with us.

Does the mainstream media know about this yet?

Yep, definitely the most heartwarming and moving story I have ever read on Cruise Critic.

I second that observation about this being something you would expect from Disney. ;) Been there, done that.

Congratulations!! Thank you for sharing this amazing story with us.

Does the mainstream media know about this yet?

no they dont because we were focused on other things. Ironic thing was we were on our way to flooding to video it with a drone to send to the news before we saw the people that needed help and decided that that could wait

With all of the "Carnival did a horrible job with Irma" posts these past couple of weeks, thank you for posting this!!!! If anyone had a right to complain or whine about the cruise being cancelled or delayed it was you but I believe in Karma. You did the right thing and were selfless in your actions regardless of your disappointment and not knowing when or where you would be married. Actions speak louder than words in most cases and the actions on behalf of the staff of Carnival were stellar in your case. Congrats and the best of luck to you both...beautiful video :D....

I got all choked up watching your video! What a great job they did from start to finish. Kudos to Carnival, kudos to you both for helping your neighbors. I wish you both the same happiness dh and I have had these past 34 1/2 years that we have shared our lives as husband and wife.

Now THIS is the sort of awesome story on CruiseCritic that makes slogging through the complaints and negativity worthwhile!

Congrats to y'all and kudos to Carnival for going "above and beyond."

...And yeah, this is the type of story that local news outlets would LOVE. :)

I love carnival, and all they do for us. Your wedding was awesome, you both looked beautiful. I was on the Vista during Irma and I have nothing but praise for the Captain and his crew. To arrange a wedding, pictures on the deck was soo special. May God bless you both

Wow! I am crying. What a beautiful video. Congratulations and thank you for sharing. So glad carnival helped you have a beautiful wedding. We are cruising in 10 days and I love reading cruise critic to help me get ready for my cruise. So glad I got on tonight to read your story! I hope y'all have a long and happy life together.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app