No more Gelato on AIBP.?

crusinpeg

Agree...I liked it but it wasn't Italian gelato. ;)

I use a coffee card punch on the Royal & Regal for a great sundae but wouldn't use a punch on other ships in lieu of paying $1.50 for 3 scoops. On the Royal & Regal the price was originally $2.75 but as I recall it had increased to $3.50. They're big enough to make a meal out of it & that's why sometimes we split one as an afternoon snack.

Yup, that's the price I recall. I didn't want to post it as it could easily have gone up. We used to share those too. Good value.

With the good selection of free frozen desserts (ice cream, sherbet, sorbet, "gelato") in the MDR, we eat our fair share of it there. ;)

I often wonder just how people can possible eat that much gelato considering all the other free options available. Maybe I could understand IF the gelato was of the highest quality that we've experienced on land but not the stuff their selling on the ship.

I have not had a lot of the Gelato... And, I do not remember it being really great.

And, of course, it isn't a 'drink'.

But, none of that is what matters here.

As a matter of personal taste, many do seem to enjoy the Gelato. Ice Cream is one of my husband's vices... and he does not care for the cheap soft-serve. Why does this have to be even questioned or joked about??? Different strokes...

Seriously, I have to wonder about those who have nothing better to do with their day but to debate the semantics of 'gelato', 'drink, etc...

What matters here is that it WAS covered under the package. Some people did have that expectation... And, without any notice, Princess now charges MORE for the package, while announcing several major exclusions. (canned soda, 40% wine discount, premium bottled waters)

I guess Princess must be just SO proud of themselves.

Like had posted once before, they really have some cajones.

I have not had a lot of the Gelato... And, I do not remember it being really great.

And, of course, it isn't a 'drink'.

But, none of that is what matters here.

As a matter of personal taste, many do seem to enjoy the Gelato. Ice Cream is one of my husband's vices... and he does not care for the cheap soft-serve. Why does this have to be even questioned or joked about??? Different strokes...

Seriously, I have to wonder about those who have nothing better to do with their day but to debate the semantics of 'gelato', 'drink, etc...

What matters here is that it WAS covered under the package. Some people did have that expectation... And, without any notice, Princess now charges MORE for the package, while announcing several major exclusions. (canned soda, 40% wine discount, premium bottled waters)

I guess Princess must be just SO proud of themselves.

Like had posted once before, they really have some cajones.

Wow such anger. :o

It's not a drink, I have never seen it in writing that it was included. Sometimes yes sometimes no.

Princess does NOT have to honor it.........so no loss.

Spend $1.50........

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Used AIBP for Frangelico sundaes from Gelato on the Regal this past spring. Guess I'll have to pay for that now with the PBP, and non-soft serve ice cream. AIBP was worth it for me simply because the ice cream and sundaes.

Used AIBP for Frangelico sundaes from Gelato on the Regal this past spring. Guess I'll have to pay for that now with the PBP, and non-soft serve ice cream. AIBP was worth it for me simply because the ice cream and sundaes.

The alcoholic sundaes are available for 2 coffee card punches at Gelato's but have never tried them...are they tasty?

My understand is that the Gelato was not mentioned in the AIBP program, but it was included. Since it is not mentioned in the terms of the PBP then it is logical to assume that it might also still be included on the ship. Or since the PBP had cutbacks it “might”not be included. No Gelato on the Emerald, correct? So I will not be able to try you for sure.

The alcoholic sundaes are available for 2 coffee card punches at Gelato's but have never tried them...are they tasty?

Personally I think they're great!

Alcohol and ice cream.......what's not to like!!:)

That's what prompted my question in the first place.....always enjoyed them on the Royal and Regal in the past with the AIBP

Personally I think they're great!

Alcohol and ice cream.......what's not to like!!:)

That's what prompted my question in the first place.....always enjoyed them on the Royal and Regal in the past with the AIBP

Thanks...might use 2 coffee card punches to try it on our Royal cruise.

Thanks ColoCruiser. That is interesting then....

I had not realized that it was not specifically included before... (my bad!!!)

So, if it was not specifically included before, but they did include it onboard, then could that still be a possibility???

Hhhhhmmmm?

No biggie either way!

I guess my whole thing, based on the assumption that was an inclusion, was that they took that away while raising the prices at the same time.

And, then there is the whole thing with the separate Gelato's on the newer ships.

Ohhhh, the drama!!!! Hahahaha!!!

DH can def. pay the $1.50...

And, we won't ever actually be paying for the package anyhow!!!!