Classic drinking package

esper10

Anyone off the Millie currently knowing wether there are non alcoholic cocktails available with the classic package? Wouldn´t make sense but you´ll never know ;-)

We are not just off Mullin but I've always been able to get virgin pina coladas and daquiries on any ship with the Classic package if I wasn't in the mood for alcohol.

We are not just off Mullin but I've always been able to get virgin pina coladas and daquiries on any ship with the Classic package if I wasn't in the mood for alcohol.

Thanks! Just have been curious as they aren´t mentioned anywhere ;)

Wife has heard back from travel agent and we both have a classic beverage package each and $150 on board credit each so that's great - looking forward to being an alcoholic for our 12 day cruise!

i'm sorry, but i hope you didn't really mean to say that you would be "looking forward to being an alcoholic". There is a reason that there is a FOB "Friends of Bill" meeting every day on most cruise ships !

I'm also looking forward to having a classic beverage perk for the 1st time, and i'm going to be prepared - I'm bringing a walker (with a cup holder) with me !!

further talking with my wife she said when we booked the cruise with the travel agent we could choose 2 of 3 things - beverage package, internet package or on board credit, so she chose beverage package and on board credit... but looking at the e-mail from the agent it looks like we have 1 beverage package and 1 on board credit per cabin not per person.... so wife is going to clarify with the agent if we both have a beverage package or not

Hi Muffinz, were also Kiwis. What cruise are you taking? We've just booked the March 2019 cruise out of Auckland (our 3rd with Celebrity). The offer available at the moment is a choice of 2 from $300 OBC, classic drink package, internet package and another $300 OBC. We're not big drinkers other than the odd cocktail in the afternoon or at a show and a wine in the dining room or restaurant, so we choose to have 2x of $300 OBC. This should be plenty to cover any drinks we'll have. You can also bring 1 bottle of wine per person on board which I just kept in the cabin fridge. You have to pay corkage if you drink your wine in the restaurant.

Its not one bottle of wine per person, it's two per stateroom. Ther is a difference. A single occupancy can bring two bottles of wine. A group of three sharing a stateroom has a two-bottle allowance.

You're quite right, I worded it incorrectly.

Does the Classic package include a sparkling wine such as Cava or Prosecco? That's my wine of choice.

Yes there is and if I remember, it was actually quite good. Not the standard cheap stuff they give away when you board or at the various on board events.

Hi Muffinz, were also Kiwis. What cruise are you taking? We've just booked the March 2019 cruise out of Auckland (our 3rd with Celebrity). The offer available at the moment is a choice of 2 from $300 OBC, classic drink package, internet package and another $300 OBC. We're not big drinkers other than the odd cocktail in the afternoon or at a show and a wine in the dining room or restaurant, so we choose to have 2x of $300 OBC. This should be plenty to cover any drinks we'll have. You can also bring 1 bottle of wine per person on board which I just kept in the cabin fridge. You have to pay corkage if you drink your wine in the restaurant.

Thanks - we're doing the Sydney - Port Douglas cruise leaving Sydney 30 March 2018 for 12 nights

Wife clarified with the travel agent and as have 2 x classic drinks packages and 2 x $150 on board credit... we're not huge drinkers either, but the weather will still be pretty hot in Queensland, so I will probably be having a few beersies and wifer a few sparkling wines :D

That list makes more sense. PBR is where it belongs and ***** got tossed overboard. Labatt's as a premium? That's Canada's version of Iron City. It's a personal taste thing, though - I think I'll manage to find something decent. :)

Pumping a few Iron Citys or a few IC Lights on the high seas.... don't know if it can get any better! :cool:

thanks so much for your helpful reply.

I think you're incredibly gracious Laura.

It's a cruise - you've paying for the premium package. Not being 'clairvoyant' it may be somewhat difficult to know what the best tequila (or any other spirit) options are from bar to bar given that the options change both from location to location on the ship but also sometimes from day to day.

Asking for the 'best available' tequila in your Rita may be an excellent decision! ;)

(And perhaps those point out 'classy' should also have a little...?)

If I have the classic package and order a Stella beer, how much would I have to pay extra?

Is Stella available on draft?

Are there any sparkling wines on Classic menu?

If I get classic because of a perk, can I pay extra to upgrade to premium?

Thanks for your advice.

I've been asking questions like this too and here's what I've found out about the Classic package (which I got free with my booking) - there is a Prosecco and a Cava available, you will have to pay full price for the Stella, and I don't know if it's on draft or not. You can pay $10 per day to upgrade to the Premium package.

I've been asking questions like this too and here's what I've found out about the Classic package (which I got free with my booking) - there is a Prosecco and a Cava available, you will have to pay full price for the Stella, and I don't know if it's on draft or not. You can pay $10 per day to upgrade to the Premium package.

You don’t have to pay the full price for a upgraded drink. The classic package entitles you to $9 and you pay for the difference. The policy changed earlier this year.

Thanks - we're doing the Sydney - Port Douglas cruise leaving Sydney 30 March 2018 for 12 nights

Wife clarified with the travel agent and as have 2 x classic drinks packages and 2 x $150 on board credit... we're not huge drinkers either, but the weather will still be pretty hot in Queensland, so I will probably be having a few beersies and wifer a few sparkling wines :D

we are on that cruise too:D Looking forward to it!

I have a classic drink package prepaid for 2 , BUT all this chatter and questions makes me weary of Xcruise , it seems as most cruise activities ( even cocktail hours ) someone has their hand in your wallet < > and most travellers are going to busy verifying their package and 18% surcharge , Have they found a charge foir using a plate at the buffet ? I will need a drink(s) it seems

I have a classic drink package prepaid for 2 , BUT all this chatter and questions makes me weary of Xcruise , it seems as most cruise activities ( even cocktail hours ) someone has their hand in your wallet < > and most travellers are going to busy verifying their package and 18% surcharge , Have they found a charge foir using a plate at the buffet ? I will need a drink(s) it seems

Not our experiences with the BP or the almost nightly tier level happy 2 hour events.

We will be sailing on our first celebrity cruise in November. How does the bartender know that I have the Premium Drink Package? Is it on a sticker on our cruise card? Is it on the card during embarkation or do I have to go somewhere to get it and show my perks on my copy of the cruise contract? Thanks for any info!

We will be sailing on our first celebrity cruise in November. How does the bartender know that I have the Premium Drink Package? Is it on a sticker on our cruise card? Is it on the card during embarkation or do I have to go somewhere to get it and show my perks on my copy of the cruise contract? Thanks for any info!

The BP code will already be printed on your card along with your name,tier level status and last 3 of your cabin number. No worries. Enjoy your cruise.