Single price 4 times advertised special

shopperwhite

received ex mail about special sale prices on oasis allure and harmony. Approximately 500.00. Clicked on and pit in 1 person. Price showed as 2200. I almost died.

Called royal who said I could get it for 1700. I told her that is more than 3 times the special price advertised.

Guess I will be cruising on another cruise line, By the way I am diamond so I do cruise often with royal.

received ex mail about special sale prices on oasis allure and harmony. Approximately 500.00. Clicked on and pit in 1 person. Price showed as 2200. I almost died.

Called royal who said I could get it for 1700. I told her that is more than 3 times the special price advertised.

Guess I will be cruising on another cruise line, By the way I am diamond so I do cruise often with royal.

shopperwhite, the cheapest fares being shown on these "cheap" near-future cruises are all guarantee categories.

Royal Caribbean is not making the guarantees available to solo cruisers, for any price. The price that you end up seeing, therefore, is not based on that price, but on the higher pick-your-cabin fare.

shopperwhite, the cheapest fares being shown on these "cheap" near-future cruises are all guarantee categories.

Royal Caribbean is not making the guarantees available to solo cruisers, for any price. The price that you end up seeing, therefore, is not based on that price, but on the higher pick-your-cabin fare.

If you're referring to the going, going, gone pricing (http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf), those fares are explicitly advertised both as being in the guarantee category and show specifically what the single supplement is for the sailing at the time, so there's really no excuse for not honoring what they advertise themselves. I've almost never seen the fares show up properly online. And at least as yet haven't been interested in any of them to call and pursue, but it's all there in black and white with the 200% solo supplement advertised and the double-occupancy pricing it would apply to.

I would like to know also.

You would name someone as your travel companion. If they are US citizens, and it is a closed loop cruise out of a US port, they don't need a passport, and some people don't do check in until they arrive at the port.

So you'd arrive to check in and tell them your travel companion couldn't make it. That's it. The card you paid with would be refunded for taxes and any pre-paid gratuities and you're done.

I think it's unfortunate that you end up having to do something like this as a solo, when 2 people get a better deal.

If I'm incorrect, Bob will pop back in to respond.