Escape / Puzzle room on Anthem of the Seas

csaeroach

I am going on Ovation in November and there is no mention of this on the cruise planner. Does it still exist?

Also, we are a couple so do they team you up with other guests? I presume it's like the land based escape rooms which usually require more than two people.

Edited by welshy74

I am going on Ovation in November and there is no mention of this on the cruise planner. Does it still exist?

Also, we are a couple so do they team you up with other guests? I presume it's like the land based escape rooms which usually require more than two people.

It is held on Deck 15 in the room next to the Fuel Teen disco, just before you go into Seaplex

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
I believe the minimum age is something like 14.

Thanks! Mine are 6 and 3 so that's clearly a no go (I figured as much). We'll try and get them in Kids Club if we are lucky enough to book a spot onboard!

Congrats, That's time remaining from an hour...........has anyone beat that??

It's a room where about a dozen people are locked in and have to work together to find the key to get out by solving puzzles. A lot of fun and everyone contributes.

The clock wasn't working on our Anthem attempt but we did it in 23:40 by my watch (so 36:20 remaining). It was fun but fairly easy for anyone who did these occasionally (and the person who was running it was a bit too helpful)

We love escape rooms. Wish they were on other ships as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did something of a Puzzle on Serenade. it wasn't an escape room. It was a painting was stolen and here are the clues. you have 1hr to solve it.

Needless to say, being it was our first, did not do well but truely loved it!!

Hope to see more of them. Wonder if Allure will have something in Feb??

Anthem is the same as Ovation since they are same class of ship and the room does not appear to be "purpose built". The "Escape the Rubicon" on Harmony of the seas is a "true" escape room as the room is built with sets and very complex. IMO it is well worth $8.99 as it is on the level of Escape rooms you pay $30 in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge, Myrtle Beach, etc.

I will also be on that sailing and looking forward to Puzzle room

We are on that sailing too, but have already done the puzzle room on a prior sailing, so won't do it again since it hasn't changed.

If you aren't able to reserve prior to boarding, you can go to the box office once you board and book it. You can also book it through the Royal IQ app. Download the app before you leave for the cruise and then you register once you are on board. App is free to use and there is also a $7.95 per device text feature. We have heard mixed reviews about the text feature so we never purchased it.

We are on that sailing too, but have already done the puzzle room on a prior sailing, so won't do it again since it hasn't changed.

If you aren't able to reserve prior to boarding, you can go to the box office once you board and book it. You can also book it through the Royal IQ app. Download the app before you leave for the cruise and then you register once you are on board. App is free to use and there is also a $7.95 per device text feature. We have heard mixed reviews about the text feature so we never purchased it.

My assumption is that the texting feature is for INTERNAL texting only (i.e. between two phones that are both onboard the ship). And that's $7.95 per phone per cruise, or, per phone per day? I might do it if it was per cruise so we don't have to carry walkies, but if it's per day, I'll pass.

My assumption is that the texting feature is for INTERNAL texting only (i.e. between two phones that are both onboard the ship). And that's $7.95 per phone per cruise, or, per phone per day? I might do it if it was per cruise so we don't have to carry walkies, but if it's per day, I'll pass.

The text feature is $7.95 per device for the length of the cruise. It allows you to text and call other phones on the ship and ship phones. Some that have used it say it doesn't alert when you get a text, which kind of defeats the purpose. We recently used a similar feature on NCLs Iconcierge app and it didn't alert when a text came in, which was very frustrating.

You are correct about the internal texting, and the $7.95 is per device per cruise.

Some that have used it say it doesn't alert when you get a text, which kind of defeats the purpose.

I think the issue is that the app needs to be running all the time for the notification to come through - it won't work if you close the app.

It’s per cruise, not per day

The text feature is $7.95 per device for the length of the cruise. It allows you to text and call other phones on the ship and ship phones. Some that have used it say it doesn't alert when you get a text, which kind of defeats the purpose. We recently used a similar feature on NCLs Iconcierge app and it didn't alert when a text came in, which was very frustrating.

Thanks. I had a similar issue with the NCL texting. Was hoping this would be better.

We did the escape room on the Anthem in June. We were terribly disappointed in it. Having done lots of escape rooms ( Including the excellent one on Harmony) this was so unprofessional and low quality. They basically took a teen center room and put up some temporary props. I would not pay to do it!

We did the escape room on the Anthem in June. We were terribly disappointed in it. Having done lots of escape rooms ( Including the excellent one on Harmony) this was so unprofessional and low quality. They basically took a teen center room and put up some temporary props. I would not pay to do it!

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion. Mine is quite different from yours. [emoji4]