Do you need a Visa for Cuba?

ILOVESHIPS

I may not be reading the article correctly, but I believe it says the US has stopped processing Visas for Cubans to visit the US. I don't think it talks about Visas for US citizens to visit Cuba.

Not sure - the article states:

The embassy in Havana will lose roughly 60 percent of its U.S. staff, and will stop processing visas in Cuba indefinitely, the American officials said

Not sure - the article states:

The embassy in Havana will lose roughly 60 percent of its U.S. staff, and will stop processing visas in Cuba indefinitely, the American officials said

Maybe I'm all messed up, but I figured it was the Cubans that processed Visas for those who want to visit Cuba.

Maybe I'm all messed up, but I figured it was the Cubans that processed Visas for those who want to visit Cuba.

That's how I read it. Fingers crossed that they get this mess straightened out. Hard to believe that Cuba would have this type of technology to cause brain trauma. So weird...

A visa is not needed to visit Cuba (China or Russia) for a day. What happens in Cuba, is you get a tourist card. This is not a Visa. You can get a Visa, and if you have a Visa, you don't need a tourist card. The tourist card enable you to visit a short term on vacation. RCCL provides the service for you to get one, at time of check in. It costs $75.00 and is good only for the days the cruise is in port.

In China, you can be in the country, if staying in the same city "in transit" for 72 or 144 hours. They keep changing it. Anything else, you need a Visa.

In Russia, if you book a tour with a licensed tour company, (including a ship tour), you don't need a visa, because the tour company has a blanket tourist card and must pick you up and deliver you to the ship. The price of the tourist card is wrapped into the price of the tour. If you want to do things on your own, you need a Visa.

I believe the the US has stopped issuing visas effective immediately

The US visas stopped when the Embassy closed for hurricane Irma - it has yet to reopen to the public. The visas discussed are for Cubans trying to visit the US. It has no impact on anyone going TO Cuba.

Visas are issued by the country BEING VISITED. So US citizen needs a visa FROM Cuba.

The US Embassy IN Cuba is not issuing visas to CUBANS wanting to go TO the US.

Visas may also be issued by a Consulate of the visited country.

AFAIK, there are no Cuban Consulates in the US, just the Cuban Embassy in Washington, DC. They are not closed for the hurricanes.

Visas are issued by the country BEING VISITED. So US citizen needs a visa FROM Cuba.

The US Embassy IN Cuba is not issuing visas to CUBANS wanting to go TO the US.

Visas may also be issued by a Consulate of the visited country.

AFAIK, there are no Cuban Consulates in the US, just the Cuban Embassy in Washington, DC. They are not closed for the hurricanes.

Yes, but this is all irrelevant because you don't need a VISA! All you need is the tourist card that RCCL will sell to you. NO VISA needed.