Drinks to try/suggestions. First time paying for Cheers

mikldom

We have been on 4 Carnival cruises (in 2 years), and while we have never drank enough to equal the Cheers package I am thinking we are going all in for our 11-19 sailing on the Pride.

Looking for drink suggestions.. while we have partaken in some libations in the past, I am thinking we want to take full advantage of the Cheers package and experiment more. Since we wont be paying by the drink I think it will free us up.

I know we want to try the Alchemy bar this time too.

We are booked in same 4th floor Vista suite with that awesome balcony we were in on the Pride for our last sailing on 8-6. Luck would have it that when I decided to upgrade last month exact same corner suite was open.

Suggestions? Somewhat a newbie to drinking... did not really start until a few years ago when I got over 40. Can't enjoy it at home as too busy working and weekends too. Vacation is when we let loose. (Never stupid/obnoxious drinking)

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Have a Mimair Vice

LOL, that is a Miami Vice! (1/2 pina colada and 1/2 strawberry daiquiri) There are a ton of threads about favorite drinks, so put it in search. Majority from Alchemy Bar that Pride has. Red Frog Rum Bar on Lido and deck 5 make Caribbean Coladas which I LOVE. It's like a pina but more "bitter" and not as sweet. For some reason, I haven't been able to get it anywhere else then Red Frog. :confused: ENJOY READING and CHEERS!!! :wine-glass::cocktail::tropical-drink::beer-mug: Oh, and ENJOY that awesome balcony and cabin! We had that on Spirit, Miracle and Legend (8268) ....then CCL wised up and realized they could get top $ and upgraded the category and price (we actually paid the same price as a regular balcony cabin!) and no can do anymore! Balcony is great as are the separate "rooms." Have a great cruise!

Seriously, are the drinks in the Alchemy Bar covered by the Cheers plan?

They are. I like the Basil Drops and Cucumber Sunrises. And sometimes I just get an old fashioned dirty Martini with Bombay Sapphire. After a couple nights, they know me and they'll suggest something, which I always try.

Alchemy Bar: 40 is the new 20, French Kiss, The Remedy, Fiery Tropical Passion Martini,

It's also fun to do their taste test of different martinis

Any bar: Twilight Zone, Cosmo, Cadillac Margarita, Fresh Italian, Vodka Collins (don't like gin)

Alchemy Bar: 40 is the new 20, French Kiss, The Remedy, Fiery Tropical Passion Martini,

It's also fun to do their taste test of different martinis

Any bar: Twilight Zone, Cosmo, Cadillac Margarita, Fresh Italian, Vodka Collins (don't like gin)

Unfortunately, some bars don't have the ingredients for the Fresh Italian. :(

Unfortunately, some bars don't have the ingredients for the Fresh Italian. :(

Same for Caribbean Colada. For some reason you can only get them at the Rum Bar. Only "weird thing" in it is coconut cream, NOT cream of coconut like in pina coladas....:confused::eek::o I guess not all the bars have a can of that stuff which is really strange....:tropical-drink:

When we have Cheers, we order top shelf for every drink. My regular drink in a vodka/diet but on a cruise, it's a Grey Goose and diet. I love a gin and tonic, but on a cruise it's a Hendricks and tonic. Take advantage of every upgrade you can. Also, the Baileys milk shakes from the coffee bar are awesome ...and they're included!