Club class breakfast menu

Carla3

I have two questions

Is the club class breakfast menu different than the main dining room menu.

I've had the full suite breakfast perk at sabatinis, any chance I can get the unbelievable delicious coffee from sabatinis in club class breakfast dining?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's tough to know if the CC breakfast menu is different than the regular MDR menu, as I don't think they post the breakfast menu. If you never see the other menu (and how would you?), it's hard to know if it's different. It is still MDR coffee, so I doubt the coffee is as amazing as the suite breakfast (I've had suite breakfast, CC breakfast, and general breakfast over the years, but don't usually jump around during any one cruise except from suite to CC or general on the final morning, and don't know for sure).

I have two questions

Is the club class breakfast menu different than the main dining room menu.

The Club Class breakfast menu is the same as the MDR breakfast menu - with the possible difference of an additional item. I'm not very familiar with it, since I have only eaten Club Class breakfast on disembarkation mornings on two cruises.

I've had the full suite breakfast perk at sabatinis, any chance I can get the unbelievable delicious coffee from sabatinis in club class breakfast dining?.

The coffee in Club Class is the same as in the MDR. The suite coffee, suite fresh-squeezed orange juice, and suite mimosas are only available in the suite breakfast in Sabbatini's or the Crown Grill - not in Club Class

Never have seen a CC area for breakfast or lunch.

The Club Class dining room is open for breakfast every morning (including disembarkation morning when the Sabbatini's or Crown Grill suite breakfast is not available) and for lunch on sea days.

The Club Class dining room is open for breakfast every morning (including disembarkation morning when the Sabbatini's or Crown Grill suite breakfast is not available) and for lunch on sea days.

Sorry, but we have been on two CC cruses and the CC restaurant was not open on disembarkation morning. Suite guests, however get in suite room service on that morning.

Sorry, but we have been on two CC cruses and the CC restaurant was not open on disembarkation morning. Suite guests, however get in suite room service on that morning.

I have been on two cruises in suites with Club Class dining - one on the Grand Princess and one on the Caribbean Princess. In both cases, Club Class dining was open for breakfast on disembarkation morning. Club Class dining was in the normal Club Class location (midship Deck 6 starboard) even if the normal MDR breakfast was moved from the midship dining room to the aft dining room.

• Like 1

It's tough to know if the CC breakfast menu is different than the regular MDR menu, as I don't think they post the breakfast menu. If you never see the other menu (and how would you?), it's hard to know if it's different. It is still MDR coffee, so I doubt the coffee is as amazing as the suite breakfast (I've had suite breakfast, CC breakfast, and general breakfast over the years, but don't usually jump around during any one cruise except from suite to CC or general on the final morning, and don't know for sure).

The breakfast menu is usually posted on the wall outside the entrance to the MDR.

BUT...do they provide the champagne and OJ, or as waiters have called it the happy juice!? That is the question. Always loved breakfast @ Sabatini the staff is top notch and very friendly...the reason we book the suite.

The CC breakfast menu is the same as the MDR menu with the possible addition of one item. We've eaten there only 3 days (mainly because they close at 9:00am and we haven't been able to get moving that early most days). One morning the special was delicious blueberry pancakes, another day a mushroom frittata. Excellent service and so far (12 days into a 14 day cruise on the Star) very good food.

• Like 1

We used the club class while on a b2b on the cb. We usually go to Sabitini's for breakfast but it did not have the same friendly atmosphere it usually did so we only went there the first two mornings.. Staff makes a huge difference and something was off. We will return in November and will probably try Sabitini's the first morning. And it was open for breakfast on both disembarkment mornings.

Breakfast isn't a big deal to us so the menu is not that important.

As another data point regarding Club Class breakfast availability on disembarkation day. We sailed the Grand Princess 9/15 - 9/25/17 and the Club Class dining room was not open the last day. There was only one dining room open (not the Da Vinci). Since we had a suite, we were able to get room service since the Crown Grill suite breakfast is also not served on the last day.

Happy Sailing,

Bob

BUT...do they provide the champagne and OJ, or as waiters have called it the happy juice!? That is the question. Always loved breakfast @ Sabatini the staff is top notch and very friendly...the reason we book the suite.

Exactly.....:):):)

Bob

As another data point regarding Club Class breakfast availability on disembarkation day. We sailed the Grand Princess 9/15 - 9/25/17 and the Club Class dining room was not open the last day. There was only one dining room open (not the Da Vinci). Since we had a suite, we were able to get room service since the Crown Grill suite breakfast is also not served on the last day.

Not that I doubt you, but you did check the CC doors prior to 8:30am, right?

Not that I doubt you, but you did check the CC doors prior to 8:30am, right?

No I did not verify so there is a chance it may have been open. I assumed it would not be due to the entire dining room not being open. Once we lined up our room service, there was no need to go look.

Interesting that they would not have listed the opening in the Patter. Club Class hours were specifically included every day.

Bob

No I did not verify so there is a chance it may have been open. I assumed it would not be due to the entire dining room not being open. Once we lined up our room service, there was no need to go look.

Interesting that they would not have listed the opening in the Patter. Club Class hours were specifically included every day.

A couple of things come to mind: MDR breakfast ends relatively early on disembarkation day, at 8:30. There is (usually) no Patter, so the place to find breakfast venues/hours is the Disembarkation handout, under Step 3 if I remember correctly. I suspect they close the doors promptly at 8:30 to avoid stragglers.

Happy Sailing,

Bob

I was on the Grand Princess Alaska round trip from San Francisco 18-28 May 2017. The Club Class dining room was open in its normal location until 8:30 am. This was listed on the disembarkation information sheet along with the other breakfast options. Since we had a late flight, we went to the Club Class dining room right after leaving our suite just before 8:00 am.

The rest of that dining room was not open - it was being used for disembarkation groups to meet. All though breakfast, we kept hearing announcements of different groups being called from the other side of the dining room.

• Like 1

Just finished dinner in CC on the Star, specifically asked if they were open tomorrow morning for breakfast (disembarkation day). They are not open, only Amalfi dining room is open. It seems that the policy varies on different ships.

Just finished dinner in CC on the Star, specifically asked if they were open tomorrow morning for breakfast (disembarkation day). They are not open, only Amalfi dining room is open. It seems that the policy varies on different ships.

Same happened to us. We did two separate cruises on Crown this year, and on both occasions we were told that it was not open on disembarkation morning. Seems to not be a fleet wide policy. Two different Maitre Ds on both cruises.

The breakfast menu in CC dining room is the same as MDR and the same crew works all three meals. the On the Grand last February the head waiter would make omelets to order plus. My wife would order an omelet full of vegetables, head waiter called it minestrone omelet. Coffee is the same as MDR. One day the hostess, using our coffee card, went down to the IC and got us specialty coffee. I think the service is better than in the specialty dining rooms. It was open for breakfast on disembarkation day