Royal Suite on Radiance of the Seas

Just so you know I do not “game” the system. You don’t even know me so I don’t see why you made that remark in the first place and you certainly didn’t know the reason we got it.

I was not the only one that got the FCC Everyone that had a balcony cabin on that deck on that side of the ship got 3 days worth of FCC because we could not use the balcony for 3 days. I did not ask for it they just gave it to everybody.

It is remarks like that that make me not want to make any comments on here! Sorry I even started this thread in the first place!

Hell to pay

Will reimburse me

Complained before and gotten future cruise credit

Only paid $2,500 for CLS

Hope your cabin is to your liking.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Radiance is nice for a long trip. I hate that they relegate Brilliance to the 4 and 5 night trips out of Tampa. That's just odd

I don't get that either. Brilliance and whatever Vision class ship they put there have similar capacities, I wonder why the Vision class ship does the 7-day cruises and BR does the shorter ones.

Mods are non- existent here...................

Jimbo:)

You might have better luck if you follow protocol. If you need the mods to respond to something, click on the blue triangle next to the post number, state you reason for deletion and see what happens. That's the easiest way to get their attention. :halo:

Complaining about them publicly is never a good idea. It violates the rules.

JS on Brillance for 14 days Baltic in May, and 11 day GS (our first) on Serenade in December.

Maybe someday we'll do Tampa B2B2B!

3 muster drills in 14 days. :eek::eek:

B2B on Serenade is doable, 21 days total

We do B2B on her in Copenhagen. Baltic then TA. 2 musters, 23 days.

Some folks boast of gaming the system and securing an FCC on many of their trips.

I had issues on our Serenade RS in April. Not as bad as the OP, though. Light switches, piano, PlayStation.

They were addressed onboard, they did what they could and I was happy. No FCC requested or given. However our very next cruise Laura was upgraded to a GS from her JS at the dock.

Interesting. My wife and I did the RS on Serenade in Feb of 2015... and had issues with the light switches. Told us then that it was a known issue and that we had to unscrew the bulbs from the lights next to the bed every night. Also had an issue of a leaky (brown water?) pipe over the dining table. Gave us an industrial fan to run when we weren't in the cabin. Seems like we had half the officers either in our cabin to fix it or stop by to apologize. Nothing was done to make it right for us, though. Guess I should've barked a bit louder.

The suite was lovely, but a bit worn, then. Almost all the "nice" shower fixtures were replaced with Wal-Mart equivalents. Sounds like they haven't gotten around to fixing things, a few years later.

Hell to pay

Will reimburse me

Complained before and gotten future cruise credit

Only paid $2,500 for CLS

Hope your cabin is to your liking.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

John, do you rember when the mirror fell off the wall and shattered on my wife and I in bed, while sleeping on Oasis in our OS? I talked with guest services 24 hours later about our issue. I didn’t ask or demand. I expressed my concerns of safety for myself and future guests. They were good to me. It’s just the way I am on most all issues; be it no cost, low cost or high cost.

In case you forgot about the event I attached a single link post below from my live review, with pictures and my discussions with guest services.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30424998&postcount=1

Interesting. My wife and I did the RS on Serenade in Feb of 2015... and had issues with the light switches. Told us then that it was a known issue and that we had to unscrew the bulbs from the lights next to the bed every night. Also had an issue of a leaky (brown water?) pipe over the dining table. Gave us an industrial fan to run when we weren't in the cabin. Seems like we had half the officers either in our cabin to fix it or stop by to apologize. Nothing was done to make it right for us, though. Guess I should've barked a bit louder.

The suite was lovely, but a bit worn, then. Almost all the "nice" shower fixtures were replaced with Wal-Mart equivalents. Sounds like they haven't gotten around to fixing things, a few years later.

It is my understanding the lights were fixed this past summer. They were going to switch to digital. The piano was lovely but always stopped at the 5th song on the CD's. The PlayStation did not have a remote. :eek: We ended up with one from one of the JR IT officers. We had 3 folks in the cabin at midnight trying to make it work. I almost ordered room service for everybody. ;p It also needed the firmware updated. an easy fix on land, a disaster on a ship with slow internet. We could not watch several of the newer disks we brought onboard. Steam shower worked fine, but you could not tell if it was on or not. Cam back one evening and the whole shower was a cloud.:o

John, do you rember when the mirror fell off the wall and shattered on my wife and I in bed, while sleeping on Oasis in our OS? I talked with guest services 24 hours later about our issue. I didn’t ask or demand. I expressed my concerns of safety for myself and future guests. They were good to me. It’s just the way I am on most all issues; be it no cost, low cost or high cost.

In case you forgot about the event I attached a single link post below from my live review, with pictures and my discussions with guest services.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30424998&postcount=1

If the mirror is a rockin, don't come a knockin. :halo:

I remember you had several issues that trip. Is that why you swore off Oasis? Or is it just Port Canaveral and flying to Orlando?

If the mirror is a rockin, don't come a knockin. :halo:

I remember you had several issues that trip. Is that why you swore off Oasis? Or is it just Port Canaveral and flying to Orlando?

It was actually our first time on Oasis and in a period of 3 years we were on here 8 more times. We haven’t made it back to her since her dry-dock, but in all honesty PC is harder for us than PE.

I am sure our RS Alaska Cruise will be great. I have booked all shore excursions, specialty dinners and scoped out restaurants for the precruise tour days. I’m looking forward to returning to her, well except for the wifi quality. It will make a live review harder to do, but not impossible.

It was actually our first time on Oasis and in a period of 3 years we were on here 8 more times. We haven’t made it back to her since her dry-dock, but in all honesty PC is harder for us than PE.

I am sure our RS Alaska Cruise will be great. I have booked all shore excursions, specialty dinners and scoped out restaurants for the precruise tour days. I’m looking forward to returning to her, well except for the wifi quality. It will make a live review harder to do, but not impossible.

What happened to No Flow No Go. :confused:

Or is that JC

We had the great fortune of sailing in the RS on the first sailing of the Radiance of the Seas. It was a very memorable cruise and we enjoyed it! Reading this post reminded me of the FCC we received from that sailing......and no we did not ask for any type of compensation.

Interesting cruise...ran into very bad weather and the ship had some flooding due to the heavy rainfall that lasted for several hours. The next morning the sun was out and we were at the pool all day. At some point we headed down to the cabin for a few minutes and when we returned to the pool deck the atmosphere changed and everyone was celebrating something... apparently there was an announcement that we missed which informed everyone that due to some issues with the storm that RCCL was refunding 100% of our cruise fare (everyone) and additionally they gave everyone a 50% off FCC certificate. If that wasn't enough they offered free drinks for the next hour or two!

Everyone was obviously very happy! We were tickled....first time in the RS and it turnout to be free! We have been blessed to travel several more times in a RS on different ships, but the Radiance will always be our favorite!

To original poster...enjoy your cruise and your are in for a real treat traveling in the RS!

• 1 month later...
Can anyone who has sailed in the RS on Radiance tell be about the extra perks that came with this suite? I know about the normal suite perks, just wondering what else to expect. I have booked the RS as a surprise for my wife to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary plus her 70th birthday!

Hi

Congratulations.

My husband has booked the RS for an up coming cruise and I was wondering what your thoughts were on the RS

thanks

Hi

Congratulations.

My husband has booked the RS for an up coming cruise and I was wondering what your thoughts were on the RS

thanks

We have not sailed in it yet. It is for our Hawaii cruise coming up on May 3rd. I will try and remember to let you know after the cruise.

• 1 month later...
I hope you had a great cruise

We just got home late yesterday and you will love the Royal Suite! It can easily spoil you. Everything worked great and we had the best cabin steward, Mohan!

I just notice in your signature below that you are on the Radiance July 17, 2018. We are on the Radiance from July 13-20 2018. Are you boarding in Juneau?

We board in Seward, but we have a precruise tour. That adventure starts on June 17th.

Edited by A&L_Ont