Four Adults in an Interior Room!

eleyezeeaye

Hello all!

Now, before you go crazy and decide to tell me what a fool I am, stop. My husband and I and a close set of friends of ours are cruising (as cheaply as possible) in February as a joint birthday trip! I'm looking to see if there is anyone out there that has tips for saving room/sleeping with that many people to a cabin. We love Carnival and can't wait to just sit back, relax, and AHHHHH again! :cool:

Thanks!

We've done it many times with our teens, which for all intents and purposes are adults.

It's fine. I agree with others, pack EXTREMELY carefully as there is a distinct lack of storage in an interior. Earplugs are helpful if you're a light sleeper for sure. And the suggestion to use the showers elsewhere on the ship is also great as it will reduce the crush as well as the times that the stateroom bathroom is otherwise unusable.

If there's unnecessary furniture in the stateroom that can be removed (a small table or a chair) the stateroom attendant will sometimes remove them on request and that can make a big difference on sheer floor space for the inevitable times when all 4 of you are in there.

The most important suggestion I could make is plan on being in the stateroom as little as possible aside from the essentials. We always went with that approach and it's been perfectly workable.

I also turn the AC down quite low - sometimes it's barely adequate to keep up with the heat load from 4 people and the shower heat/humidity, etc. Sometimes it makes it a bit too cool through the day or at bed time, but it doesn't get uncomfortably hot through the night that way.

And yes, air freshener is a good idea as well as is making sure the exhaust vent in the bathroom is open 100% to maximize the amount of air being drawn out of the stateroom as a whole. ;)

Work out a system for "privacy". A rubber band on the door handle?

Be right up front with the bathroom and cleaning up after yourself. Have air freshener.

Be prepared for a warmer room at night. Additional body heat in a small space. Even with thermostat set the lowest, usually can't keep up.

Forget about an exceptional amount of privacy with 4 people in an interior - aside from the bathroom it's entirely unworkable otherwise without unfairly impeding on others you're sharing the room with.

And yes, organization and cleaning up after ones self is ESSENTIAL. One person leaving their dirty laundry strewn about or leaving a sloppy mess in the bathroom after having a shower leaves the others sharing the stateroom less than happy. This goes for any stateroom for that matter, but especially an interior.

Wow! So many great suggestions. We know we are ambitious and optimistic, but when my husband and I cruise together we are barely in the room. We're also pretty minimalistic (both ourselves and our friends) so that should help quite a bit too.

We did it years ago on Carnival with another couple and it was loads of fun. Now that we are older, crankier and can afford a suite, I still look back on it and remember how much fun we had. I say go for it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would suggest since you guys are so close anyhow that you try to not "double up" on anything you don't need to.

One curling iron, one blow dryer, one tube of toothpaste, anything that would work for all 4, instead of bringing more than one - share.

I went on a trip with a group of ladies from church and we had 3 in an interior. It was extremely tight but we made it work. Pack as light as possible....they do have a laundry on board. Rolling your clothes makes them smaller and that might be a helpful tip. We each had one closet shelf and one drawer for clothes. I imagine you might have to do some sharing. So having your clothes smaller bundles might help. Agree with sharing hair dryers and even toothpaste could help with not having to pack as much.

Get two pocket holders (could cut one in half). Hang them next to the uppers, (bring strong magnetic hooks and reinforce the holes with duct tape). The top row of pockets become the nightstand for the bunks.

Double and triple up on hangars, bring extra.

Luggage gets stored under the bed, and is used to store any extras.

Pack light, divide up shelves and drawers.

Get two pocket holders (could cut one in half). Hang them next to the uppers, (bring strong magnetic hooks and reinforce the holes with duct tape). The top row of pockets become the nightstand for the bunks.

Double and triple up on hangars, bring extra.

Luggage gets stored under the bed, and is used to store any extras.

Pack light, divide up shelves and drawers.

Room steward should be able to provide extra hangers as needed.

We did 4 adult women in an interior room on the Triumph for a girl's trip. It was all fine except for the one friend that left stuff everywhere, I mean EVERYWHERE! I did get to a point where I enjoyed when she couldn't find anything. It got on my nerves at first but by the end it was bothering others just as much. Don't be that person. Respect others space and their need to use the same counters etc as you. We had a blast and enjoyed our cruise.