Returning to ship with kids

We're sailing next month with our kids for the first time (Western Caribbean on FOTS). When returning to the ship after a day in port, we always have our driver's license for photo ID, along with our Sea Pass for ourselves. Will we need anything other than the kids' Sea Passes to get them back on?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're sailing next month with our kids for the first time (Western Caribbean on FOTS). When returning to the ship after a day in port, we always have our driver's license for photo ID, along with our Sea Pass for ourselves. Will we need anything other than the kids' Sea Passes to get them back on?

As long as they're under 16 then the seapass card is all you need

I like to be ultra cautious and take photo IDs for each individual. Port authorities can change their procedures and I wouldn't want to be held up at the gate.

So what would they do with all the kids, they didn't allow on the ship! As long as you are with your parents, you don't need a photo ID.

Most times the sea pass is all adults need. However, I do take photo ID just in case, but have rarely been asked to show it. :)

Agree. It is better to be safe than sorry. The ship usually asks all adult passengers to also bring a picture ID. We have never been asked to show a picture ID when re-entering the Port. Only the sea pass card.

Most times the sea pass is all adults need. However, I do take photo ID just in case, but have rarely been asked to show it. :)

Bahamas and Bermuda in August required a photo ID in addition to the Sea Pass. This was local security, not the ship.

If you did not have photo ID, you have to have your belongings X-rayed, you being wanded or through a metal detector, and it will take extra time.

BT, DT.

I can't remember which port on our last Eastern itinerary required photo ID to re-enter the terminal area...but I remember getting off the ship and having to go all the way back up to the room for my license before making our way.

My son turns 17 on March 29 of 2018 and we sail on April 8. He only has his drivers permit right now. I hope he has his drivers license by then but if he doesn't will we need a photo ID for him?

My son turns 17 on March 29 of 2018 and we sail on April 8. He only has his drivers permit right now. I hope he has his drivers license by then but if he doesn't will we need a photo ID for him?

I thought the rule was anyone 16 and over needed a photo ID.