Getting to Gold status.....

LetsTango

Does anyone know when Gold status is attained ? It seems as we board our Oct 2018 cruise we would be starting our 25th day of cruising. Does this make us Gold upon boarding or do we have to complete the cruise first?

Sent from my VK815 using Forums mobile app

When boarding. You are Gold from the first day of the cruise.

• 5 months later...
Mark these words. Gold will have more benefits by the end of the year.

I am about to turn gold, so that sounds like a good thing. How, Joebucks, do you know this to be the case? Also, what benefits do you anticipate? Right now I am looking forward to my 1 liter of water, a gold plated pin, and a free drink on the last night of the cruise. What else could there be beyond these bountiful perks?

Does anyone know when Gold status is attained ? It seems as we board our Oct 2018 cruise we would be starting our 25th day of cruising. Does this make us Gold upon boarding or do we have to complete the cruise first?

Sent from my VK815 using Forums mobile app

Carnival says its up to their discretion, but for us, each time we were going up a level 'during' a cruise, we started that cruise at the higher level!

I am about to turn gold, so that sounds like a good thing. How, Joebucks, do you know this to be the case? Also, what benefits do you anticipate? Right now I am looking forward to my 1 liter of water, a gold plated pin, and a free drink on the last night of the cruise. What else could there be beyond these bountiful perks?

Last year, they were talking about potential changes to VIFP and how to influence people around the third cruise.

You are Gold from the first day of the cruise.

This is something that Carnival unequivocally does BETTER than Royal. On Royal, you do not get your next-tier status until after the qualifying cruise is completed. :o

Somebody help me...when you attain gold you get little more than an Attaboy from Carnival. Yes/No??

We are gold....have been forever, but I don't remember anything special because of it.

Log into Carnival's site. Click on Manage My Cruise. Then click on VIFP Club. That gives a list of what is available in each category.

I have 20 days right now, and I'm booked on a 7-day in May. My boarding pass for the May cruise already shows me Gold even though I won't hit 25 days until the 5th day of the cruise.

Congrats, Happy cruising!:D

We'll go gold during our July cruise. Wish they would add a couple more perks before then.

Here are my suggestions for additional gold perks:

1. Commemorative shot glass

2. Basic carnival T-shirt

3. Free photo 5 x 7 from Pixels

4. Free glass of wine at main dining room

5. Free cigar in the Havana Bar-1 per cruise