Cashing out OBC

Merly

That has recently changed then. You used to be able get a pay voucher for the full amount.

This was on Celebrity in August. My original question was if Royal had gone the same way. It would appear they haven’t and you can still cash out OBC on Royal.

Guess I have been lucky I have never had a problem getting money from the cashier. I usually do it on the first night and estimate how much I will have and the OBC have not posted yet, don't know if that makes a difference or not

Curious, if you have say $500 obc - is it better to take a cash advance for all of it right away? or half & half later? Is there a limit to how much obc you can take out at once. Wasn't sure if it mattered if you already have a cash account set up.

Thanks,

NJ

Curious, if you have say $500 obc - is it better to take a cash advance for all of it right away? or half & half later? Is there a limit to how much obc you can take out at once. Wasn't sure if it mattered if you already have a cash account set up.

Thanks,

NJ

You're not taking out OBC, you're getting a cash advance against your onboard account. You can get as much of a cash advance as your credit card will allow.

You're not taking out OBC, you're getting a cash advance against your onboard account. You can get as much of a cash advance as your credit card will allow.

Ok thanks. So if your credit card has a cash advance limit of $500 but your obc is $900 - how do you handle that?

Cheers,

NJ

Thanks,

NJ

If you have a cash account you are limited to $500 per day for 7 day and longer cruises. It's $300 per day for 6 day or under cruises.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Forums mobile app

Ok thanks. So if your credit card has a cash advance limit of $500 but your obc is $900 - how do you handle that?

Cheers,

NJ

They won't need to look at your credit limit until your account balance is in excess of your OBC.

Exactly- I'm thinking that some people are telling the cashier's that they want to take out their OBC and that is triggering the cashier's to tell them that they need to get chips and/or a voucher for using in the slot machines