Celebrity REVAMPED???? Website

gowilk

I'm finally able to edit our passenger information that was being flagged however my OBC was incorrect and our linked reservation with our friends was gone.

Am I ahead or behind in the game??

You lost friends and money but know who you are and where you live.

I'd say lost.

This is what happens when they let the kids sit at the big table and justify their jobs by "improving" things.

We did a B2B with Celebrity this spring, but we always book through our big box TA which has a website that works and allows you to search for a particular cabin or class. However, we still had to try to use the Celebrity website for checkin, boarding doc, and luggage tags. Couldn't get a blessed thing to work.

The big box TA called Celebrity and confirmed our check-in. We got to the port with just our reservation printout from the TA, explained to the shore-side staff what the issue was and they took care of our luggage tags and processed us on board.

I think they must've hired the crew that designed the original Obamacare website - they work equally well.:')

This is what happens when they let the kids sit at the big table and justify their jobs by "improving" things.

We did a B2B with Celebrity this spring, but we always book through our big box TA which has a website that works and allows you to search for a particular cabin or class. However, we still had to try to use the Celebrity website for checkin, boarding doc, and luggage tags. Couldn't get a blessed thing to work.

The big box TA called Celebrity and confirmed our check-in. We got to the port with just our reservation printout from the TA, explained to the shore-side staff what the issue was and they took care of our luggage tags and processed us on board.

I think they must've hired the crew that designed the original Obamacare website - they work equally well.:')

The site's getting better, but still has a loooong way to go.

This is what happens when they let the kids sit at the big table and justify their jobs by "improving" things....We did a B2B with Celebrity this spring, ... Couldn't get a blessed thing to work. ...

Old news? Relevance? Have you tried conducting business on the site in the last few months?

The site has been undergoing continuing improvements since at least May. As Luvcrusin said, it is getting better.

I was able to make final payments, check in, print docs, and order luggage tags for my March 2017, my August 2017, and now my December 2017 trip. The March experience might have been under the old site, I don't recall, but the more recent two definitely were on the new site. A few times I had to start over, once or twice had to resort to alternate ways of getting to where I wanted to go. No glitches of any real consequence. Hopefully the next time you use the system you will be able to make it work for you.

I am intrigued as to why you think age has anything to do with expertise? Are you saying younger web designers and coders have less expertise than older ones? I am also intrigued as to where you were able to find a Celebrity employee age profile, that would be interesting to see.

Stan

Today

So I finally called the one touch number and booked my shore excursions. I had a good laugh when they told me I had to log out of my acct for them to look at it. Really? I'm not surprised.

FWIW. The excursions were available, just couldn't get the website to work, used Chrome, Mac with Safari and an Ipad. All had the same experience.

So I finally called the one touch number and booked my shore excursions. I had a good laugh when they told me I had to log out of my acct for them to look at it. Really? I'm not surprised.

FWIW. The excursions were available, just couldn't get the website to work, used Chrome, Mac with Safari and an Ipad. All had the same experience.

As I've said many times, it's not what you're using. It's the website. A well designed site is there to drive business. Therefore it should accept all OS AND browsers. It should provide a seamless experience for the person trying to spend their money. Otherwise they'll go somewhere that is easier.

I agree that the website is not great. Just in case you want to make a partial payment online, I noticed that the "Other" amount box will only accept numbers when you type numbers from the top of the keyboard. If you use the number keypad, it will not work. I also complained about them showing the number of days to online check-in so you have to waste time calculating instead of them just putting an actual date. Not sure who the geniuses are that designed the website.

I agree that the website is not great. Just in case you want to make a partial payment online, I noticed that the "Other" amount box will only accept numbers when you type numbers from the top of the keyboard. If you use the number keypad, it will not work. I also complained about them showing the number of days to online check-in so you have to waste time calculating instead of them just putting an actual date. Not sure who the geniuses are that designed the website.

I've mentioned that also. I can see the countdown until the cruise, but what the point of countdown to check in is I cannot fathom!

I hope it's not my imagination but I just logged onto the site went to our March, 2018, reservation. It had a new look with a status section that actually had valid information. I then navigated the site for a bit and it seemed to perform noticeably better. Of course, it could be the new painkillers I'm on for my knee........but I hope not.

That's a good thing from a security standpoint. It means they are paying attention to the logins.

We have done 60+ cruises, only one in the past on Celebrity and a couple on RCCL. A group of us booked the Silhouette in November 2017. The amount of difficulties we have encountered due to this horrible website is ridiculous. Would have canx'd the entire thing if not into the penalty phase. Never again will I endure this frustration and wasting of my time. I only hope that the same IT department has nothing to do with the operation or navigation of Celebrity's vessels.

There is no excuse for bad customer service. And this is bad customer service.

We have done 60+ cruises, only one in the past on Celebrity and a couple on RCCL. A group of us booked the Silhouette in November 2017. The amount of difficulties we have encountered due to this horrible website is ridiculous. Would have canx'd the entire thing if not into the penalty phase. Never again will I endure this frustration and wasting of my time. I only hope that the same IT department has nothing to do with the operation or navigation of Celebrity's vessels.

There is no excuse for bad customer service. And this is bad customer service.

I agree both the RCCL and X sites have been terrible. I've been in IT since 1979 and have no patience for poor design. That said, have you been on the X site in the past week or so? I do hope it's not my meds talking but it really did seem a lot better.

It's a MIRACLE. Just registered for our January cruise without any issues!!!!!!

Should have expanded my explanation in my original comment.

After trying multiple times to register and reading all the comments on this thread, I called the Captain's Club. The rep told me NOT to hit "Sign-In" on the Celebrity site and hit "Check-In". It took me directly to the page for entering Reservation #, Name, Ship, Sail Date. From there it was clear sailing. Just have to print Sea Pass and wait another week to order luggage tags.

After trying multiple times to register and reading all the comments on this thread, I called the Captain's Club. The rep told me NOT to hit "Sign-In" on the Celebrity site and hit "Check-In". It took me directly to the page for entering Reservation #, Name, Ship, Sail Date. From there it was clear sailing. Just have to print Sea Pass and wait another week to order luggage tags.

I'll keep that in mind for 41 days from now. Thanks.

That's the whole key right there. It takes you to the old setup and everything worked fine. This needs to be repeated over and over until they get it fixed.

I agree both the RCCL and X sites have been terrible. I've been in IT since 1979 and have no patience for poor design. That said, have you been on the X site in the past week or so? I do hope it's not my meds talking but it really did seem a lot better.

Yes. I've been unable to access my booking and keep getting locked out. Finally had to call them. Now it seems I suddenly have two profiles and it will take at least 3 days to merge them. The rep on the phone did not seem confident that this would actually be fixed in 3 days. Frustrating time waster.

Perhaps I can get some of your meds? :p

Yes. I've been unable to access my booking and keep getting locked out. Finally had to call them. Now it seems I suddenly have two profiles and it will take at least 3 days to merge them. The rep on the phone did not seem confident that this would actually be fixed in 3 days. Frustrating time waster.

Perhaps I can get some of your meds? :p

He'll be on vacation in 3 days. :cool:

I only hope that the same IT department has nothing to do with the operation or navigation of Celebrity's vessels.

My own anecdotal evidence suggests they are indeed separate and distinct departments ;)

The cruise experience is worlds apart from the website experience! (in a good way).

(but I have been reading posts recently about the website functionality improving, so hopefully it's smooth sailing from here on out with respect to the website.)