Is it possible to bid for an upgraded cabin?

capsplace

A family member is sailing on NCL as I write this. He reserved and paid for a suite in The Haven. But as the date for the cruise approached, he was able to bid for a cabin that was a big upgrade, which he ended up getting. The price increase via the bidding process was nominal, absolutely nothing compared to the cruise line's offer of "Upgrade for $200 pp per day".

Does Celebrity offer a booked passenger the chance to bid for a cabin upgrade? I couldn't find anything on their website.

I used to cruise NCL and don't for various reasons, this is one of them.:o

I would like to book a suite on NCL. What I have done in the past is look for sales or perks from TA or the cruise line, then book. Now, it seems I'd probably have to book a balcony (which I really don't want) and then bid for a suite. If my bid isn't accepted, then I'm stuck with a balcony (after final). The reason for this bidding process is their suite prices are too high to begin with, so they have this (to me) crazy bidding process.

• 7 months later...

Celebrity does have this because I just received an email about it the other day (Monday?). We currently have an outside cabin on Millennium but got the email to bid on a balcony cabin or a family veranda. I bid what I would be okay with paying as it only charges the first two passengers (we are traveling with our two children). If we get it, awesome. If not, that's fine.

No, there is no such equivalent process for upgrading on X.

bon voyage

Actually there is! It is relatively new and not yet in place for all ships. It is called Celebrity Move Up and from what I have read there aren’t any bargains.

Actually there is! It is relatively new and not yet in place for all ships. It is called Celebrity Move Up and from what I have read there aren’t any bargains.

There wasn’t when this thread was started back in October last year (see dates of posts). The MoveUp deal is a new system that X have incorporated since then, as they are now obviously following the pack :rolleyes:. However, I also remember X stated, about a year or so ago, that they were looking at upgrades on the Captain’s Club levels - that soon went out the window :rolleyes:!

Thanks for the info, I was not aware of this at all....

Much appreciated and I stand corrected.

bon voyage

Yes, there is!

Overview

You can upgrade your stateroom in a few simple clicks.

Welcome to Celebrity MoveUp - our new program that allows you to bid on a cruise stateroom upgrade after you purchase your cruise.*

*Eligible Reservations on Celebrity Summit, Celebrity Equinox, Celebrity Millennium, Celebrity Infinity and Celebrity Solstice within 30 days of departure date. Other ships coming soon.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

Yes, there is!

Overview

You can upgrade your stateroom in a few simple clicks.

Welcome to Celebrity MoveUp - our new program that allows you to bid on a cruise stateroom upgrade after you purchase your cruise.*

*Eligible Reservations on Celebrity Summit, Celebrity Equinox, Celebrity Millennium, Celebrity Infinity and Celebrity Solstice within 30 days of departure date. Other ships coming soon.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

m - thank you for the information.

bon voyage

Thanks for the info, I was not aware of this at all....

Much appreciated and I stand corrected.

bon voyage

Bo,

The program was not in place when you answered the OP last October - at that stage, you were correct ;). As I posted above, it’s a new feature X have only recently introduced. This is what happens when posters use old threads and then things change and others continue to post :rolleyes:.

Bo,

The program was not in place when you answered the OP last October - at that stage, you were correct ;). As I posted above, it’s a new feature X have only recently introduced. This is what happens when posters use old threads and then things change and others continue to post :rolleyes:.

Goes to show how detailed I read the posts!

Fire away! LOL

bon voayge