Fort Lauderdale

Dreams42Day

Cab or Uber over to Los Olas Blvd and eat at either Louie Bossi’s, Rocco’s Taco’s or Big City Tavern. All three restaurants are owned by the same company. Louie Bossi’s has excellent Italian food at reasonable prices. The pizza and pasta are great. I personally just love that place. Big City Tavern is American type comfort food and Rocco’s Tacos is tacos, burritos,etc.

This Italian Ristorante has an extensive menu and has become pretty much become our traditional to dine place when cruising from Port Everglades.

On 17th right across the parking lot from the Marriott Renaissance.

http://bravoitaliano.com/

I haven't been there in a few years but we had some good times/ggood meals at Bravo. We went with local ffriendss who rercommended it. Also Bistro, Mezzaluna. If you have a rental car, thrre is easy parking at Bravo or if you wish , they are happy to call you a ttaxi when ready to leave.

Dreams42Day,

Although IMO all of the recommended restaurants are very good, I'd like to recommend one of our Ft Lauderdale favorites. Three or so years ago, we tried 3030 Ocean (located in the Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa, 3030 Holiday Drive) at the recommendation of friends who "winter" in Ft Lauderdale, and it was fabulous. Without even knowing your food tastes, I can recommend 3030 Ocean to you. It is somewhat pricey, so be prepared.

Smooth sailing :):):)

I live here. I don't know where you are staying, but it is worth taking a Uber to Las Olas. Shops and restaurants. It's a very nice walking street. Our new favorite restaurant is YOLO ( You only live once.) If you are there on a weekend, Las Olas should have music. On the other hand, if you are going to be there in December, find out if your hotel is along the Boat Parade path.

I keep away from Sweet Tomatoes. Noisy, messy. Certainly not a graceful place to start a cruise.

I love Casa Blanca as well. Very good choice.

I just had a flash back go Burt & Jacks' prior to 9-11. That used to be such a busy fun place with great location......... Was a shame when they were forced to close for security sake........ Located in Port Everglades. Surely others here remember that restaurrant? they never opened elsewhere, did they?

I just had a flash back go Burt & Jacks' prior to 9-11. That used to be such a busy fun place with great location......... Was a shame when they were forced to close for security sake........ Located in Port Everglades. Surely others here remember that restaurrant? they never opened elsewhere, did they?

Thanks for the walk down Memory Lane.

W usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express next to the port. We walk to Carrabas, a chain, right down the street. It' works for us. If we are there for 2 nights, we take a short cab ride to 15th street Fisheries which we love. It's also accessible from the water taxi.

We will be looking forward to the 2.5 mile walk (or 4.5 miles along the beach) to Los Olas Blvd from Embassy Suites 17th St., and eating and drinking at Rocco's Tacos & Tequila Bar. Best table side guacamole "ever" and strongest Margaritas "ever" lol

We will be looking forward to the 2.5 mile walk (or 4.5 miles along the beach) to Los Olas Blvd from Embassy Suites 17th St., and eating and drinking at Rocco's Tacos & Tequila Bar. Best table side guacamole "ever" and strongest Margaritas "ever" lol

You better make reservation now as it can get very busy this time of year.

15th Street Fisheries is one of my favorite places to eat in Fort Lauderdale pre-cruise. Their downstairs is very casual and upstairs is more upscale with a different menu. The downstairs is "dockside" eating and has a large bar area. I love their fresh Gulf shrimp. It's pretty close to the cruise port and the Hilton Marina where I like to stay.

http://www.15streetfisheries.com/