Elite - No longer on Luggage Tags

janie315

Janie ....

You weren't upset but were simply just wondering.

Thinking probably there is no need to print Elite on our luggage tags because there is no priority for the delivery of Elite luggage.

On our last cruise we went to our cabin to see if ours had arrived. The people in the cabin next door were already taking theirs in. They were first time on Princess and ask us a question about muster drill. Our luggage had not arrived but did in a few minutes.

No problem! A more efficient way than trying to deliver all of the Elite luggage first.

LuLu

I don't know when the practice was stopped, but, it was recently. I believe there was a thread here not too long ago about changes in what was printed on the luggage tags. I, for one, don't care much. Although having status printed on the tag did help us on our last cruise when I absentmindedly forgot to print our boarding passes.:confused: We showed a spare luggage tag and our passports at the entrance to the terminal and were let into the priority baording line entrance and went to the lady with the manifest book and were told to proceed to the check in area.:) If I goofed up again (it could happen, I'm not getting any younger:() and forgot to print the boarding passes that might be the only reason I would want my status on the luggage tags. YMMV. :D

OP - I'm actually glad you posted this because I noticed something was different with my luggage tags a couple weeks ago but didn't take the time to look closely. Now I realize that was what the change was. No big deal, but just interesting. Try not to take the negative comments personally and thanks for posting.

I think my luggage must have a ‘deliver me last’ tag on it. I watch everyone around me pulling luggage into their rooms and , well,..... I was sort of hoping that Diamond status (I’m close!) would get me faster service. They do the best they can.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Janie ....

Thinking probably there is no need to print Elite on our luggage tags because there is no priority for the delivery of Elite luggage.

On our last cruise we went to our cabin to see if ours had arrived. The people in the cabin next door were already taking theirs in. They were first time on Princess and ask us a question about muster drill. Our luggage had not arrived but did in a few minutes.

No problem! A more efficient way than trying to deliver all of the Elite luggage first.

LuLu

Hi LuLu,

I never even noticed it was taken off the tags. Thanks for the explanation.

Tony

I just looked at my luggage tags for next month and it is missing the elite label. Personally I could care less and in a way am glad it is not on there. While on the ship I keep my cruise card in my pocket and only display it when needed. Like several on here I had not noticed. My last cruise on Princess was in August and have no idea what the tag said. The things you learn on cruise critic.

I think my luggage must have a ‘deliver me last’ tag on it. I watch everyone around me pulling luggage into their rooms and , well,..... I was sort of hoping that Diamond status (I’m close!) would get me faster service. They do the best they can.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

'Diamond Status" on Princess? No such animal to the best of my knowledge. Diamond is a Celebrity/RCI thing is it not? :eek:

Janie ....

LuLu

Good answer. We were also told when I questioned that months ago, that in addition to the above, this change was to be in concert with the Medallion Class procedure (whatever that means). Also, the barcode was eliminated because....it was never used for delivery of the luggage.

How about the rich pax who pay for Full Suites? Do their luggage labels say priority? :halo:

Not referring to myself, I am a mere mortal.:eek:

When you ask the question in that way, what do you think the odds are that you are likely to get an answer?

And yes, I am a suite passenger, but I am also a "mere mortal" who had never noticed that we had any priority. As long as it arrives before we sail, who cares? Certainly I don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are Elite, but I never ever noticed it said Elite on our luggage tags previously. Maybe because I print them in Black and White. Elite only matters for us when it comes to pre dinner cocktails and laundry! O only care that my luggage arrives in my room perhaps before dinner!! But we always bring something to wear to first night dinner anyhow in our carry on. But a few years back, on a family cruise with my teenage sons, and various other relatives, I wondered why in the heck two of our bags (mine and my husband's) had still had not arrived at 9 pm. I was getting a little worried, Did it they get forgotton on the pier! Did the luggage tags fly off. Not likely because I tag them in two different locations. Eventually, we were summoned down to Deck 4 where there were a whole lot of other people (younger that is); for liquor confiscation. Low and behold, my sons has put emptied the mini bar of our hotel room into mom and dad's luggage. We were wondering what all the snickering was about as we awaited our luggage during various activities. Everyone else in our party had theirs. Lesson to be learned - never let your luggage out of your view. We had stayed in Fort Lauderdale the night before and of course, they raided the complimentary mini bar and thought there would never be caught. Teenage antics!!!

'Diamond Status" on Princess? No such animal to the best of my knowledge. Diamond is a Celebrity/RCI thing is it not? :eek:

It's RCCL. Celebrity also uses the term elite and also has elite+ and zenith. RCCL had diamond, diamond+ and something which I will never see in my lifetime.

• 2 months later...

Yep, they no longer place "Elite" on the tags. Just printed ours for the Jan. 22 sailing. Our last voyage was 12 months ago and Elite was on them then. My guess is that Princess eliminated this due to the confusion it caused. As others have correctly noted there hasn't been any priority cabin baggage delivery. Yet guests would complain they were entitled to such since they were "Elites". Also since priority boarding is indicated on the boarding pass that is all crew members need to know about guest status until the guests are ensconced in their cabins.

I wondered why in the heck two of our bags (mine and my husband's) had still had not arrived at 9 pm. I was getting a little worried, Did it they get forgotton on the pier! Did the luggage tags fly off.

Last month, not on Princess, my large suitcase arrived at my room but a small one didn't. Finally, at 9pm (3 hrs after sailing), I went to the Guest Services desk to see if all luggage had been delivered. They asked me to describe the bag, which I did. The clerk went back in a private area and came out with my bag! At home I had put 2 personal ID tags plus the cruiseline tag on it, but when the clerk gave it to me, not one tag was on it! The luggage handlers took it to the Guest Services desk because it had no tags at all. Not sure how 3 well-secured tags came off, but I'm now going to buy some hard plastic ones with my name engraved on it.

Last month, not on Princess, my large suitcase arrived at my room but a small one didn't. Finally, at 9pm (3 hrs after sailing), I went to the Guest Services desk to see if all luggage had been delivered. They asked me to describe the bag, which I did. The clerk went back in a private area and came out with my bag! At home I had put 2 personal ID tags plus the cruiseline tag on it, but when the clerk gave it to me, not one tag was on it! The luggage handlers took it to the Guest Services desk because it had no tags at all. Not sure how 3 well-secured tags came off, but I'm now going to buy some hard plastic ones with my name engraved on it.

Why do they do these things? That many tags came off?! In September, one of the baggage handlers at the port took a blue pen and scribbled hard all over my plastic luggage tag holder rendering it useless. I have no idea why. We tipped the stevedores and our baggage wasn't stopped for any reason. Just seems like he was trying to get his pen to work!

We were Elite on our last cruise. I looked forward to having laundry done. But as we were on a ship and voyage with a plethora of elites, turn around we were told, would be about 4 days!

And now to find out before our upcoming cruise that the elite marking has been removed from our luggage tags? A perk I was not even aware of? How will I ever make it???

We usually take carry ons with us to our room and get those unpacked before muster. For some reason, our cases never seem to arrive until after. As long as they arrive dry, I'm happy!

Let's go cruising!