Live from San Juan - Adventure of the Seas

I'm going to try to keep up a live review this week. I know others are looking for information on San Juan.

We had no issues flying in. The airport had AC and running water. Most of the venues were open. It was crowded but not many people were sitting on the floor.

We didn't have any trouble getting a taxi and got to the Comfort Inn without any issues. Check in went fine. They're shutting the generators down between 12:30 and 4:30 pm. Water isn't working on the upper floors but they're working on it and hope to have it back up later today.

Right now we're at Serafinas having drinks and a late lunch/early dinner.

I'm going to try to keep up a live review this week. I know others are looking for information on San Juan.

We had no issues flying in. The airport had AC and running water. Most of the venues were open. It was crowded but not many people were sitting on the floor.

We didn't have any trouble getting a taxi and got to the Comfort Inn without any issues. Check in went fine. They're shutting the generators down between 12:30 and 4:30 pm. Water isn't working on the upper floors but they're working on it and hope to have it back up later today.

Right now we're at Serafinas having drinks and a late lunch/early dinner.

Thanks for the update. Enjoy your cruise.

Good to hear that San Juan is getting back on it's feet . Seems to us that FEMA ,the RED Cross & many religious relief teams helped immense;ly Puerto Rico get back on it's feet .We are also sure that outlaying areas of PR are still hurting unfortunately & need more responses to help

Generators are back up and the AC is nice and cold. We have water on the 1st floor. Not sure about the upper floors.

We did see a couple dragging their luggage from hotel to hotel looking for a room. We gave them some suggestions but everyone we talked to said that between the government workers and residents staying in hotels on their own dime there's really nothing available.

No, it was our 5th. We were canceled out at Embassy Suites, La Concha, AC Hotel and Coral by the Sea.

Thanks for posting the latest information. It's nice to hear that the A/C is running at the airport, yours is the first post I have read that confirmed that. You also said you got cancelled out of the Embassy Suites. Is that because they are not open or because of all of the relief workers staying there? We have a room booked in March. I assume/hope that Puerto Rico will be mostly recovered by then but I'm curious as to why you were cancelled out.

Thanks for posting the latest information. It's nice to hear that the A/C is running at the airport, yours is the first post I have read that confirmed that. You also said you got cancelled out of the Embassy Suites. Is that because they are not open or because of all of the relief workers staying there? We have a room booked in March. I assume/hope that Puerto Rico will be mostly recovered by then but I'm curious as to why you were cancelled out.

We were canceled because of the relief workers.

Checking in from the Windjammer. Embarkation was a breeze and the Windjammer isn’t crowded at all. With most of the cruisers flying in the day of the cruise I think the boarding process has been spaced out a bit more. So far I’ve seen a few children, but not a lot.

We had gravity fed water at the Comfort Inn this morning. Shower was lukewarm with no pressure so they evidently didn’t get the water issue fixed. We ran into some power company workers and talked to them for a while. The issues with getting the power up and running, according to them, is not due to the hurricane, but rather the condition of the existing system. They’re having to rebuild from the ground up. They estimated it will be at least a year, but probably longer before all of PR has power.

All of the locals we spoke to are very happy to see tourists. They would love to see more, but realize the conditions need to improve. They are all upbeat and positive and proud of what’s been accomplished to date. While we did see signs of the storm we didn’t see any “devastation.”

All of the locals we spoke to are very happy to see tourists. They would love to see more, but realize the conditions need to improve. They are all upbeat and positive and proud of what’s been accomplished to date.

Warms my heart to read this as they have been through so much.

Have a wonderful vacation!

We set sail last night right on time. It was funny to see everything so dark. While there are some locals on our sailing it doesn’t seem like there are a lot. Not many kids either. We had breakfast this morning with a couple from San Juan. They haven’t had power since Maria. Their son, who lives in the states shipped them a generator three weeks ago, but they don’t have it yet. The post offices are still closed.

We’re in St. Kitts today and did the scenic railway tour. My husband and I both really enjoyed it. It gave a really nice tour of most of the island and its history. The rail coaches were very comfortable. Downstairs was closed in with AC, while upstairs was open air. Each rail car has a restroom and it included free drinks. The last third of the tour is done by bus, which also has AC.

Tonight is formal night and we’re having dinner at Chops, which we’re looking forward to.

Thank you so much for the information on Puerto Rico. I’m looking forward to following along on the rest of your cruise!

We sail on Adventure November 25th and although we are very stressed about the hotel situation we can’t wait to get on the ship!

We set sail last night right on time. It was funny to see everything so dark. While there are some locals on our sailing it doesn’t seem like there are a lot. Not many kids either. We had breakfast this morning with a couple from San Juan. They haven’t had power since Maria. Their son, who lives in the states shipped them a generator three weeks ago, but they don’t have it yet. The post offices are still closed.

We’re in St. Kitts today and did the scenic railway tour. My husband and I both really enjoyed it. It gave a really nice tour of most of the island and its history. The rail coaches were very comfortable. Downstairs was closed in with AC, while upstairs was open air. Each rail car has a restroom and it included free drinks. The last third of the tour is done by bus, which also has AC.

Tonight is formal night and we’re having dinner at Chops, which we’re looking forward to.

Did you book the excursion through the ship?

We had dinner at Chops last night and it was amazing! We both agreed that it was one of the best meals we’ve had. I had the 6 oz filet and it was cooked perfectly.

We saw the show, Inspiration to Dance, and it was ok.

Today we were in Antigua. We booked a kayak snorkeling tour through Antigua Paddles. We took a half hour bus ride to their location and then transferred to a speedboat for a 15 minute ride to the mangroves. We boarded our kayaks and went through the mangroves with our guides who explained the eco system and brought things to our attention. After about an hour or so we got back on the speedboat to Bird Island. We took a short hike (less than 5 min) to the top for a panoramic view. Then it was back to the speedboat to go to the snorkel site. The snorkeling was ok. Lots of coral and some fish. After about half an hour it was back on the speedboat to go back to the main house where we were served fresh baked banana bread and rum punch. We were invited to relax in their garden and use the free WiFi. Our bus arrived and we were transported back to the ship. Our bus driver gave us a running commentary to and from, giving us some history and pointing out areas of interest. Total tour time was about 5 hours. Well worth the $59/pp.

Tonight is our Meet & Mingle. I’m looking forward to meeting all the people I’ve been “talking” to for months.

We had dinner at Chops last night and it was amazing! We both agreed that it was one of the best meals we’ve had. I had the 6 oz filet and it was cooked perfectly.

Today we were in Antigua. We booked a kayak snorkeling tour through Antigua Paddles. We took a half hour bus ride to their location and then transferred to a speedboat for a 15 minute ride to the mangroves. We boarded our kayaks and went through the mangroves with our guides who explained the eco system and brought things to our attention. After about an hour or so we got back on the speedboat to Bird Island. We took a short hike (less than 5 min) to the top for a panoramic view. Then it was back to the speedboat to go to the snorkel site. The snorkeling was ok. Lots of coral and some fish. After about half an hour it was back on the speedboat to go back to the main house where we were served fresh baked banana bread and rum punch. We were invited to relax in their garden and use the free WiFi. Our bus arrived and we were transported back to the ship. Our bus driver gave us a running commentary to and from, giving us some history and pointing out areas of interest. Total tour time was about 5 hours. Well worth the $59/pp.

Tonight is our Meet & Mingle. I’m looking forward to meeting all the people I’ve been “talking” to for months.

Your M&M is at night? Wow, this is the first I have heard of it being held at night - hope it is the same on ours :confused:

We did this tour this past April on the Summit, had a great time. Definitely worth the money