Favorite Dessert?

daniella1279

Vanilla creme brûlée in Le bistro. The raspberry creme brûlée in cagneys was a disappointment. The 7 layer chocolate cake in cagneys was awesome.

We are planning on going to Cagneys since we have the dining package. It will be our 1st visit. I might have to give that 7 layer cake a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce, topped with a shot of Amaretto from the bar. Known as a "Blackbeard Sundae" in some places. Most recently enjoyed one last week at Cagney's on the Star. A lady at the next table overheard me ordering it and did a variation of the "When Harry Met Sally" line: "I'll have what he's having." She loved it and made no apology for eavesdropping. 🙂

But you can't go wrong with the previously mentioned 7 Layer or Lava Cake.

A bit off topic and going back in time long before Freestyle on Norwegian, but does anyone recall when all the servers would come out at the same time each holding a silver tray of flaming Baked Alaska and present them to their tables? Was quite a show and a great dessert.

Vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce, topped with a shot of Amaretto from the bar. Known as a "Blackbeard Sundae" in some places. Most recently enjoyed one last week at Cagney's on the Star. A lady at the next table overheard me ordering it and did a variation of the "When Harry Met Sally" line: "I'll have what he's having." She loved it and made no apology for eavesdropping. 🙂

But you can't go wrong with the previously mentioned 7 Layer or Lava Cake.

A bit off topic and going back in time long before Freestyle on Norwegian, but does anyone recall when all the servers would come out at the same time each holding a silver tray of flaming Baked Alaska and present them to their tables? Was quite a show and a great dessert.

I do remember the flaming desserts, but understand why they are discontinued after an incident on Princess we experienced. I believe it was cherrries flambe (forgot actual name) but our waiter actually caught his arm on fire at our table! He was gone for several nights but did come back at the end of the cruise with his arm heavily bandaged. It was terrible to see the flames spreading up his arm. The other waiters quickly put it out, but he did have bad burns.

That’s probably one of my favorite childhood memories! We’d usually join in and dance with them to “Feelin hot hot hot”.