arriving later, leaving later??

zebrazeb

I have seen lots of posts about people wanting to get on the ship earlier. I am curious for those of us, that like to sleep in. Are the lines longer earlier, and then go down as it gets closer to departure time?

I really do not want to try to get early, only to have to wait in line multiple times, to get on the ship.

Similar question for last day of cruise. Would rather sleep in as late as possible, and leave last.

any thoughts on either?

I am among those who like to get on board and start the cruising experience as soon as possible, so we usually arrive at the port for check-in just before 11.00 AM. I actually have gotten the impression that the lines are longer in the afternoon than before noon, but I haven't experienced that first hand myself, so others can hopefully confirm if my assumption is correct.

And regarding leaving the ship on the last day, we usually leave among the last ones, at about 9.00-9.30 AM - and on embarkation day the lines are definitely longer earlier in the morning!

We almost always go into he departure port at least one day in advance. Sometimes more.

So, on boarding day we are up and ready to go. We can hang out at the hotel or just head to the ship. Hate lines, but love getting on the ship and having that first drink and meal even more.

So, we just do it.

Last day - they usually want you out of the cabin early - 8:30 on last cruise. We get up, pack out stuff and head to breakfast with bags in tow. Then leave. Hanging around while they are busy cleaning up after a few thousand folks is a drag. So, off we go. Often to a hotel.

How do you define sleeping in? I try to get to the port around 10:30; and that’s a short shuttle ride from the hotel. So already am sleeping in in my book. Lines are not long at this time. On our last cruise we tooK the 10:30 shuttle from the hotel and were onboard before 11:30 (boarding doesn’t begin until 11). I believe they get long once you hit the 11-1 window, and then shorten as you get into the afternoon.

On the last day they want you off early, don’t think sleeping in is much of an option. We usually do the early walk off but believe they want everyone off by 10 or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To the original writer,

I completely agree....sleeping in is MUCH MUCH better.

For day of embarkation, I recommend sleeping in until about 3pm. Take a quick shower then run as fast as you can to the Port. You get to sleep in, should just make the Ship by 4pm, and you will get your daily Cardio in at the same time....BONUS!!!

For the day of disembarkation, I recommend sleeping in until they bang on your door and literally drag you off the Ship. After all, you paid for your trip, and by God, you should be able to enjoy every stinking minute of it.

I am also one who likes to arrive early and enjoy lunch in the suite restaurant. Unpack and explore while many are just arriving.

I always wing disembarkation day. Depends on my flight time and when the Concierge sets up meet time.

If I was one who liked to sleep in and leave later, (I'm not - I am an early bird), I would ask my steward a few days into the cruise if he or she would give me a wide berth. Perhaps your cabin could be one of his last ones to turn for the next cruise?

To the original writer,

I completely agree....sleeping in is MUCH MUCH better.

For day of embarkation, I recommend sleeping in until about 3pm. Take a quick shower then run as fast as you can to the Port. You get to sleep in, should just make the Ship by 4pm, and you will get your daily Cardio in at the same time....BONUS!!!

For the day of disembarkation, I recommend sleeping in until they bang on your door and literally drag you off the Ship. After all, you paid for your trip, and by God, you should be able to enjoy every stinking minute of it.

Rude and uncalled for.

Just off the epic this morning

We had included transfer from hotel to port on embarkation day and to airport on disembark and didn’t use either

Embark transfer was 12 o clock but we wanted to be on ship before that so got taxi from hotel to port about 10.30 in Barcelona for 15 euros and was on ship by 12 and eating lunch

Disembark they wanted us off ship for transfer 8.15 which would have got us at airport 6 1/2 hours before our flight!

Instead we slept till 7 as they wanted us out of cabin by 8 and had breakfast in o Sheehan and walked off ship 9.30

Long line for taxis which took 20 mins to get to front

So at airport by 10.30 which was still 5 hours before flight but a bit better than ncl transfer deal

Seems most like the early return. Sorry for the poster with the rude comments...just trying to bring up a different perspective.

my wife prefers to sleep in much later than I, and was trying to get a sense of things for planning both sides of trips. we will be flying in one day before...just to have one day at beach in Ft/Laud or Miami...

...just do like the idea of hurrying up to ship, only to have to wait in line for hours to get on. nit fun with a 6 year, so was trying to manage that also.

appreciate the responses thus far.

I find Embarkment day to be a hassle. I try to relax and not be in a hurry. I try to have a leisurely morning and eat a full breakfast before heading to the port. By time debarkment arrives I'm ready to get off the ship and head home. I don't rush but I certainly don't linger.

I have seen lots of posts about people wanting to get on the ship earlier. I am curious for those of us, that like to sleep in. Are the lines longer earlier, and then go down as it gets closer to departure time?

I really do not want to try to get early, only to have to wait in line multiple times, to get on the ship.

Similar question for last day of cruise. Would rather sleep in as late as possible, and leave last.

any thoughts on either?

Arriving later for embarkation usually means few if any lines. There is no reason to go early if you don't want to. As far as disembarkation they want everyone off the ship as quickly as possible, and out of your cabins no later than 8:30. You can wait and leave last but you probably aren't going to sleep in late.

Arriving later for embarkation usually means few if any lines. There is no reason to go early if you don't want to. As far as disembarkation they want everyone off the ship as quickly as possible, and out of your cabins no later than 8:30. You can wait and leave last but you probably aren't going to sleep in late.

Arrived in a commercial bus at 1:45 PM, fastest check in ever, took our bags right to our cabin which was already available, beats driving or staying in a hotel.