Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

Good morning:).............today is my follow up Dr's appt with the Kidney Dr. Hoping for a good report. I always wonder

where the time has gone. I had that Ultrasound last month..........:eek:. anyway, will report back this evening.

Good afternoon All .....

Hello M, yes just returned after a trip to Belvedere and the person managing the punch stall was French and I got double schüß and so we lingered for five. We had lunch after that but I think we'll not talk too much about that ...

fd30849d51ec8adb647f3ec0f30295b1.jpg

7494326cdf16269471bc6c3eb9537e0a.jpg

dcca523b05b34f06562f6e4cf8d41817.jpg

c222e05b61dae86d8a952d621ec7ea1f.jpg

20946723f36fb6f79c02bffd781ab435.jpg

7e0a27dcad81125768d9fbe3b87ed4cc.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes M,

An oddly sunny warm day. Once we found that lovely stall with the very generous Frenchman who was giving us triple shots into the punch at the end. We met an Irish woman with her Scottish daughter and gave them a map of the non-missable Christmas markets.

Returned back to the calm of the hotel via a lousy lunch and we are now ensconced in the Lounge where once again I teach young people how to magically convert warm white wine into cold white wine. I seem to have done this in every lounge I have ever visited and very soon the whole wide world will know how to weave this bleedin' basic magic.

It is weird when you regularly and frequently return to the same place how you see the changes. It's been a good trip for different reasons.

On the basis of the warm wine tonight I have been drinking voddy and tonic.

0c253926777fb727095506d9a9ebfd5e.jpg

You are meeting some interesting folk J! Interesting conversations are what fuel the spirit (along with the help of spirits). :)

I'll give the Cooler Bar a good dusting tomorrow. It has been quiet here so not too many dust bunnies dashing around.

All,

Lovely to hear how the Cooler is being maintained. This may, or should I say will sound extremely sad to many. But The Cooler seems physically real to me. I can see it :eek:

Perhaps all of us Coolers are blessed with imagination and have had our socio glands enhanced and the grumpyguts suppressed.

Checked in and boarding cards printed and I am looking forward to my first night back on my sofa in front of a roaring fire. Row 3 so we might get overhead locker space if lucky.

Travel broadens the mind into a greater understanding of how lucky we are to be content with the square root of b@gger all, and simply enjoy being at home.

You do love the "square root of" J! All was good with square roots until I got introduced to the concept of imaginary numbers where i = square root of -1. :)

Stronger libations in the Cooler might lead to some interesting interactions Spins. :)

Good luck, Lois. Hoping for good news!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Hi JP.....you and Chris are the DR's.........I am going to post what happened today...........it seems it is a never ending

thing for me:eek:

Now I have to see a Urologist....it never endsclear.png?emoji-mad-1709.........the createon, (the enzyme relating to the kidney number)......well, that number is still high......have to see this other Dr and it seems my Thyroid is high.....or

the hormones relating to the thyroid...so I have to go have an Ultrasound of THAT next week........when they took the

first Ultrasound it was of the kidney/bladder and it shows I have a small kidney stone......(no pain) and it is about 2.5

centimeters...........this part of the thyroid is what gives off Calcium and of course calcium is for bones.....but when too

much gets into your system well, that is what can be a factor in causing the kidney stone........so damn complicatedclear.png?emoji-frown-1741

And the kidney stone is what might be causing that kidney number to rise,.............so he is giving me some meds,

which can hopefully prevent any more stones...........and the weather is NASTY today and I forgot to go to the pharmacy

after work. Oh well........

So, an Ultrasound on Monday afternoon of the Thyroid Glands and I have to make an appt at the Urologist.....

Lois, sorry to read the ongoing saga. That's why I don't see doctors. They keep finding things and sending you to other doctors. ;p

Are you sure that you don't mean that the PARAthyroid glands are overactive, causing high calcium? More common for the parathyroids to be the problem when calcium is high, than the thyroid gland being the problem, though that can happen.

Good luck with the Urologist!

Lois, sorry to read the ongoing saga. That's why I don't see doctors. They keep finding things and sending you to other doctors. ;p

Are you sure that you don't mean that the PARAthyroid glands are overactive, causing high calcium? More common for the parathyroids to be the problem when calcium is high, than the thyroid gland being the problem, though that can happen.

Good luck with the Urologist!

Hi JP....yes, that is what I meant.......Parathyroid...........I can't remember everything the Dr said:(.........

Edited by Lois R

That's why I don't see doctors. They keep finding things and sending you to other doctors. ;p

That's true. Most of them are unwitting working for the drug companies.

Want to live to ripe old age? Stay away from doctors and don't fall.

Lois,

May I suggest that you ask for a copy of your medical records. You are entitled to them. Also take notes. Write down questions before you go to the appointment. Get the answers before you leave. Ask what does that mean, explain it to me in terms I can understand.

As medical consumers we must be proactive in our own health and for ourselves.

Just some suggestions so you don't feel like you are powerless in the system.

Greetings Coolers!

For the adventurous travelers......there is now a commercial flight to St. Helena.

"When the British exiled Napoléon Bonaparte to St. Helena in 1815, it took the conquered emperor a full 10 weeks to reach the island. Two centuries later, it’s still a five-day trip by mail boat-assuming you happen to be starting from somewhere as close as Cape Town, South Africa. But on Oct. 14, the tiny British overseas territory will get its first-ever scheduled flights. Two weeks later, St. Helena’s first luxury hotel, a 30-room property in a trio of Georgian buildings, will open its doors."

http://canoe.com/2017/10/06/commercial-flights-come-to-one-of-the-worlds-most-remote-islands/wcm/e493d900-5ad4-4a63-b85a-8599d3a6eacc

And for those who enjoy climbing stairs, one of the attractions is the world's longest straight staircase.

jacobs-ladder-2.jpg

http://www.lostateminor.com/2012/01/10/gasp-worlds-longest-straight-staircase-has-699-steps/

Have you done this climb yet JP? :)

Have a great day all!

Nice, mysty! I've heard of this but we haven't been there yet. Still, we have climbed church towers with more steps than this. Ulm's Cathedral has more.

The stairs that I really want to climb are on Oahu. The Haiku Stairs have been inaccessible for years and it doesn't look like that'll change any time soon... :(

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app