Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

Terry. Glad you are OK. You have been missed. :-) Watching army navy football game being played in the snow!! Weather is definitely chilly and even here where temp has dropped 20 plus degrees since this morning.

Terry!!! Glad to see you. I was getting worried that you had been AWOL for so long. Glad to see you back here at the cooler. Good luck next week with the procedure.

Appreciate these kind comments/wishes from Spins and J.P. Hopefully things will go smoothly on Tuesday. If you don't hear anything back after Tuesday, you know what happened. But such kidney stone procedure are fairly routine. Hope to be around for much longer. Sorry!

Good luck to Lois. It's called "medical science", but things are not all easy/simple and can be very much of an "art" in trying to determine the best, most-effective options.

For our upcoming SE Asia travels in January and February, would appreciate any special tips and insights, especially for Hong Kong.

Per Candy/Spins, just got done watching the exciting finish of the Army-Navy college football game in the middle of a snow storm. West Point won 14-13 in a thriller that went down to the final seconds and a missed field goal attempt by Navy.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Lisbon, NWSpain, Bordeaux/Brittany: Just finished June 2017 sailing from Portugal to France along the scenic Atlantic Coast, plus great pre- and post-cruise experiences. Many interesting pictures and details on history, food, culture, etc., from my live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2511358

Hi Cam, thank you:) I am sure my issues have gotten tiresome for all of you to hear about.......I will try to keep them

at a minimum going forward.

It has been quite cold up here today.........mid 40s and windy:eek:..........rained in the morning. I had lunch with my sister

at J Alexander's. It was good:).....then I had a coupon from Kohl's...........15.00 off 50 bucks.......so I got 4 boxes of

Keurg coffees and some facial cleanser.............everything was only 38.00:D

And I got surprise from one of my salesman (where I work) he gave me a 25.00 VISA gift card........so one night this

week I will go somewhere for dinner:)

Hey Lois, please keep us abreast of your medical status; we all here have something to share or rant about... this is the Cooler Bar, for heaven’s sake, what else would we find to bond with? We all have issues and support each other. Cheers!!

Hi Jeff, thanks for the kind words:).....I am going to just take a breath..........after all, getting annoyed won't do anything about it

With all the visits to medics in the world none of them know for sure what will be the thing that finally gets us. So it is best just to push on as optimistically as possible.:)

By the way, I've had both gall stones and kidney stones and I can say I don't have a preference!

Only gallstones for me...so far. My gallbladder looked like a pomegranate! Luckily, I happened to know a great surgeon. We taught that vestigial organ a lesson!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Me to, although this was an older surgeon pre-keyhole. Gallbladder removed and I ordered from the kitchen "a bucket of chicken curry" which they did. I was unlucky and had a badly deseased gallbladder which made me extremely ill. During the operation I reacted to the aneasthetic and contracted pneumonia which was only noticed by chance on the corner of an xray.

I spent my 40th birthday in hospital. Even my team at the time must have appreciated my contribuition to their leves so much that they visited me in hospital in order to get their expenses signed off. :(

I've mentioned this before but my boss visited me in the early hours and they unlocked the door and let him in and smuggled two bottles of red wine in ..... I had the tooth mug from the bathroom.

Ok, so my turn for the surgery story. I went on a trip to Firenze two days post op cholecystectomy. My abdomen was black and blue, and it had been a tough procedure with the GB very embedded in the liver, but I felt great and liberated from that nasty diseased organ.

An amazing trip as we rented an entire floor of a Palazzo on the Arno. We lived like Florentines for ten days.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ok, so my turn for the surgery story. I went on a trip to Firenze two days post op cholecystectomy. My abdomen was black and blue, and it had been a tough procedure with the GB very embedded in the liver, but I felt great and liberated from that nasty diseased organ. An amazing trip as we rented an entire floor of a Palazzo on the Arno. We lived like Florentines for ten days.

Great background and story from Spins. Fortunately, knock on wood, I have never had any gallbladder problems, issues and/or surgery. Hopefully that "good luck" will continue.

AFRICA?!!?: Lots of interesting and dramatic pictures can be seen from this live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Now at 36,156 views for this visual sharing including Cape Town, along South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta area.

(y)

Cams ....... hopefully you have both returned to the security of home?

Tonight I made wifey a couple of heavily buttered crumpets with cheese and an armagnac to wash it down. You might be able to get Strauss in Vienna but not a lovely buttered crumpet with cheddar.

Thanks Jeff, but still encamped in Tampa, with flights that hopefully will take us home tomorrow. Enjoying all your food pictures; our elderly relatives treat us royally, but to rather bland food. Anyway, there is always the Columbia.

(y)

Thanks Jeff, but still encamped in Tampa, with flights that hopefully will take us home tomorrow. Enjoying all your food pictures; our elderly relatives treat us royally, but to rather bland food. Anyway, there is always the Columbia.

Hi Cams, that's dire. Hope you get back without too much further pain.

Thanks for the comments. Tandoori with Tiger beer from the Torp! I miss the kitchen when away. Perhaps on one of your trips you might add a day and visit us for an extremely long lunch!

Hi all, I've been lurking here for awhile and wanted to talk to Terry (followed you on other boards) about Hong Kong, if you plan to spend several nights, don't discount the Salisbury YMCA--I know, I know, but check it out. It is right next to the Peninsula, ideal location. We had a HUGE suite on a high floor with a spectacular view for the light show, 2 rooms with floor to ceiling windows, wonderful breakfast buffet. I almost didn't want to get on the Azamara cruise.

Greetings Coolers! Snow is back! For a while this time as temps are not rising anytime soon.

J...your meal looks delectable! I think we are having leftover roasted mushroom and brie soup (crafted by Myster and thoroughly enjoyed by me).

Cam...best wishes for your safe travels home. It seems you run into issues with flying on a regular basis. Hopefully this time things will work out better for you.

Have a great day all!

Hi Cams, that's dire. Hope you get back without too much further pain.

Thanks for the comments. Tandoori with Tiger beer from the Torp! I miss the kitchen when away. Perhaps on one of your trips you might add a day and visit us for an extremely long lunch!

We will love to see you and wife in October ( the 13th, I think) for the concert!! I’ll check the date. We can certainly coordinate for your specialty... a long, long lunch. Fun!!

Greetings Coolers! Snow is back! For a while this time as temps are not rising anytime soon.

J...your meal looks delectable! I think we are having leftover roasted mushroom and brie soup (crafted by Myster and thoroughly enjoyed by me).

Cam...best wishes for your safe travels home. It seems you run into issues with flying on a regular basis. Hopefully this time things will work out better for you.

Have a great day all!

Hi M,

Well I must admit i really missed the kitchen even though it was only five days. I'm planning a nice smoked and curried haddock and fennel chowder this week. And some lamb kebabs and flatbread .. if the delivery Gods are kind. :)

Hi all, I've been lurking here for awhile and wanted to talk to Terry (followed you on other boards) about Hong Kong, if you plan to spend several nights, don't discount the Salisbury YMCA--I know, I know, but check it out. It is right next to the Peninsula, ideal location. We had a HUGE suite on a high floor with a spectacular view for the light show, 2 rooms with floor to ceiling windows, wonderful breakfast buffet. I almost didn't want to get on the Azamara cruise.

Appreciate so much that silkismom stopped lurking, said "HI!" and posted here at the Cooler. Welcome!! Yes, have heard of and read much on The Salisbury YMCA. Agree that it is in a great location and love that it is next door to the famed Peninsula. What are we doing? YES! We booked back in March for a "Harbour View Room" of approximately 250 sq. ft. It comes with free WIFI, etc. Glad to hear that the breakfast buffet is so wonderful. Any other Hong Kong or SE Asia tips/insights from you or other smart travelers? Keep it coming!

Venice: Loving It & Why??!! Is one of your future desires or past favorites? See these many visual samples for its great history and architecture. This posting is now at 70,415 views.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

J...those planned meals sound awesome!

I recently stumbled across an interesting item regarding the confetti that rains down on Times Square on New Year's Eve. It is possible to have a personal wish printed on one of the pieces of confetti. I think that is so cool! I have submitted my wish for 2018 and want to provide the link for anyone else who might be interested.

https://www.timessquarenyc.org/whats-happening/nye-wishing-wall

Any other Hong Kong or SE Asia tips/insights from you or other smart travelers?

How many full days will you be in Hong Kong? We lived there for 3 years and would highly recommend getting out of the city to the New Territories or one of the islands. If you are staying at the YMCA you couldn't really be in a better spot for getting around especially with the spectacularly comprehensive public transport.

How many full days will you be in Hong Kong? We lived there for 3 years and would highly recommend getting out of the city to the New Territories or one of the islands. If you are staying at the YMCA you couldn't really be in a better spot for getting around especially with the spectacularly comprehensive public transport.

Appreciate this great follow-up from our UK friend. We arrive the evening of Jan. 22 after a long 15 hour, 50 minute flight from Chicago on Cathay Pacific. We depart the morning of Jan. 26 for Bangkok. So that gives us three days in Hong Kong. Maybe more like two and a half days net as during our first full day there, we will be taking it a little easy as our body clocks will still be adjusting.

When we return from Danang, Vietnam, to Hong Kong, on Feb. 19, we will have an afternoon and evening around the airport there before our return flight home that next morning. Given that limited total time on our first visit here, not sure if we will or should have that much time for the New Territories or one of the islands. How do you rate/rank our timing trade-offs, options? Look forward to any and all suggestions and comments.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 228,463 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

First snowfall of any significance last night. Very pretty! We watched it from the sunroom while soaking in the hot tub. That was just what we had been dreaming of when we had it built. Looked pretty in the sunlight this morning!

66530f1effbe164d1ef29f85f15db43d.jpg

We have a pork roast in the oven this afternoon. Crust is olive oil, salt and pepper, garlic, and rosemary. The house smells delicious. We are cleaning the fish tank and hoping we can last until the roast is ready.

f53e21b32dee661a50dfbbc60a7b5010.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app