Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

Grüß Gott JP,

It isn't a cop out ... but there is a time when you realise that packing in less and doing it more slowly is good. Less is more. There is no discernible point to these trips other than to do nothing somewhere else.

The only problem is that when Nancy Sinatra sung "The Boots Are Made For Walking" she could have more accurately sung "These Knees Are Made For Crawling". My mind is of a teenager, my knees are of a gnarled decrebid.

We have found in our suite two champers vouchers .... so when the free champers and booze a canapes in the lounge closes tonight it is off to the bar for a nightcap. And then back for my Brandy.

Tomorrow we plan something completely different. Christmas markets, punch, eats ...... etc, etc ..

98b480266d55c718d816de9465834159.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

M, you must drag Myster here for next year.

I have learned that people often do not know how to do nothing energetically and unproductively but it is never too late to learn and acquire the taste. Wifey is now recuperating from an energetic morning of doing nothing and is dozing on the bed. And I am replenishing lost alcohol with my brandy.

:)

M,

We split the day into segments.

#1 Activity. Drinking punch often, the odd grazing eats, and complaining that our bits no longer work.

#2 Lunch somewhere know and love. Back.

#3 Dozing in the suite

#4 Lounge ..... afternoon tea and happy hour.

#5 Complain that our bits aren't working but haven't given up and go out for punch and something.

#6 Back for streamed TV catchup and brandy and nuts and crisps in the suite. Offer thanks that bits didn't finally give up and they will work for another day.

Repeat each day.

:D

Hurrah for Happy Hour! The ice rink looks very inviting! Haven't been on skates in a bizzillion years! I grew up on the river and we would sometimes skate to school. Not sure I could navigate a spin around the rink these days.:(

M,

These lounges are strange places. An African Queen just came in .... and without taking her hat or coat off headed straight for the food and without bothering about a plate she started stuffing food straight into her face. She passed me with a roll sticking out of her mouth.

A few minutes later a couple walked in with a miniature lap dog. It looked like she had her hand shoved up it's "jacksey". They smiled at everyone but is it ok to walk around the food with a dog's face a few inches away from the food.

We had a similar dog last visit ... what was that poor dog thinking ..... and would you believe the same lady has just arrived with her dog. Now we have two dogs.

6754e1d230d7931e8f6f788374b875a6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

M,

Well it has all gorn off here. Some meat in sauce came out and wife mentioned that it was cold. Well the people here touched the sides of the bain marie which of course was hot. What they did was put cold food directly from the kitchen in a bain marie to warm up. The fact that it would never heat it up was a concept unkown and not understood to them. Everyone including the dogs came up and apologised..... but they kept touching the outside of the dish which of course was warm and this has confused them.

Eventually I was told a technician has been called. I explained that a technician wasn't needed, they just needed to heat the food before it went into the bain-marie. Now the GM has arrived to supervise what has now become a major event which has been declared and confused apologies have been proffered to everyone. But not a single member of staff simply took a spoonful.

Anyway. :)

I think I would have been tempted to scoop up a bit of the meat in the sauce and offer a taste to the GM. That would have made the situation clear. Although the GM might not have opened his/her mouth for the taste. Hope things improve J! You did have a lovely day though! :)

Thanks Bill .... that is why they called the poor dog a chow. :confused::eek:

M, it's no issue really because we don't really eat in this loumge. I had some cheese and taught them how to cool wine ie an inch of ice cubes never works; it's ice cubes, water and salt!

It was odd seeing the same lady with her dog tonight. Perhaps they also always come the same time.

The ipad is working well and the vpn is fooling most tv channels so we can watch tv. :)

Hi friends:)...have some good news.......not sure if any of you remember but I had a bill from the lab (came in the mail

when I was on my cruise).....that the insurance company had denied my claim:eek:........the bill said "BLUE CROSS

HAS DENIED YOUR CLAIM" due to unnecessary tests:eek:......of course these are necessary!!! And I had to file

an appeal......which I did back in early October........well, found out today.......they have honored my appeal:D.....

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know why they originally denied the claim........because it is the same test I do every month.

Anyway, the lab will now get their money (not from ME)......but the insurance will pay LIKE IT IS SUPPOSED TO DO!

Morning, currently at sea heading for Fujairah. It's very hot so pool deck full!

Grumpies seem better today!

Celebrated friends anniversary last night,superb organisation for us at dinner , steak was to die for.

Lots of keen dancers on board so evenings very lively. Show featured a hypnotist last eve......didn't go ....reports were mixed! They have a mock up suite showing how it will look after dry dock. ......very much Musified but with clear mirrors and only one Tv on a stand which swivels.

2019 routes looking good with many good solo deals and a few more sailings out of Greenwich.

Happy Day 😊

Wish we were still on the Spirit. We got off in Dubai after 18 days Rome to Dubai and it was a fantastic cruise. We thought the food was maybe the best we’ve ever had on Silversea. MissSophia the sandals guy got off in Dubai with us. At the beginning of our cruise I thought the guy was going to die of boredom as it was pretty cool the first two or three days of the cruise. Once we got to Alexandria for the Cairo stop his business picked up and while never terribly busy he did have some customers. Might add that the 29 hour trip home was brutal. We were in first/business on our three flights but that’s a lot of half sleep and airline food. Not sure I’m in any hurry to do that again.

Edited by Randyk47

Greetings Coolers! Sunshine today!!!!!

J....that Market looks a little busier than yesterday's. Meal looks yum!

TTS...I'll see your trip to Poundstretcher and supermarket and raise you a trip to the post box! Life is grand! :)

Miss S. glad the grumpies have lightened up! The anniversary celebration sounds like it was great fun! Enjoy the heat!

Have a great day all!