Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

Nice, mysty! I've heard of this but we haven't been there yet. Still, we have climbed church towers with more steps than this. Ulm's Cathedral has more.

The stairs that I really want to climb are on Oahu. The Haiku Stairs have been inaccessible for years and it doesn't look like that'll change any time soon... :(

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Want to live to a ripe old age?

Stop eating all this natural food .... most people die of natural causes ... there must be some logic in that ... somewhere🧐

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mysty

Gorgeous views of the Haiku Stairs.

Coincidentally or perhaps not, yesterday was the anniversary of the bombing of Pearl Harbor.

I understand these steps were built in response to the need to transmit messages to subs and other vessels.

Another website to peruse is haikustairs.org.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi All,

Bobbin about the Indian Ocean

Lovely and warm with calm seas.

Everything remains hunky dory. Lots of newbies on board.....one rather over the hill lady decided she would sunbathe topless yesterday and proceeded to show off her wares to the whole very busy pool deck!! HD Henry had the task of asking her to cover up which she did very unhappily 😂

The Alsace still flows freely and last nights lamb chops were delicious served with mash and peas.

Excited about Mumbai tomorrow.

Happy Day 😊

Sophia, thanks for NOT posting pictures of the pool deck incident.

BTW, it is very easy to post pictures with the android app; I assume it's just as easy with an iPhone. I thought one of your posts said that you were using the iPhone app...Or did I misread? Enjoy Mumbai!

Hi All,

Bobbin about the Indian Ocean

Lovely and warm with calm seas.

Everything remains hunky dory. Lots of newbies on board.....one rather over the hill lady decided she would sunbathe topless yesterday and proceeded to show off her wares to the whole very busy pool deck!! HD Henry had the task of asking her to cover up which she did very unhappily 😂

The Alsace still flows freely and last nights lamb chops were delicious served with mash and peas.

Excited about Mumbai tomorrow.

Happy Day 😊

The barebreastd business aside we’re already missing Santiago, Chester, and Vitalli from the pool deck. Great and friendly service from them their staff. Sigh.......

Good morning, JP, the Dr prescribed Potassium Citrate.....I googled it for more information........supposed to help in

the prevention of kidney stones.........keeping the urine's acidity level in the good range.

I have to say for those who say just don't go to Dr's..........I am about ready to take that attitude. I am really getting sick

of having them find things wrong with me:eek:.......I will continue to see my Hematologist as the cancer/white cells

are real and it would kind of stupid of me to stop going to him. But as for all the other numbers..........kidneys, urine,

parathyroid, .......OMG..........I am getting sick of finding out about it all.:confused:

It is cold and rainy here today..........hope everyone has a good weekend. Thanks for letting me vent.

The topless event was not a pretty sight at all.... mutton and lamb spring to mind!

Thanks JP for the photo hint, wifi is sketchy so I'll not try right now.

Randy.... Chester does a sterling job.

We have seen very little of the CD.....last eve l popped in to see the hypnotist...... not good and certainly not for SS imho! Only about 50 in the show lounge.

Enjoyed a late hour in Stars listening to Helene and Andre both excellent.

Hang on Lois.

Not having dinner tonight, the buffet curry lunch filled me up!!

Enjoying some quiet time at the back of the panorama while others fill their boots!😉

Bit of red tape as we enter Mumbai in the morning..... hoping l don't melt!

S😊

Mysty. Gorgeous views of the Haiku Stairs. Coincidentally or perhaps not, yesterday was the anniversary of the bombing of Pearl Harbor. I understand these steps were built in response to the need to transmit messages to subs and other vessels. Another website to peruse is haikustairs.org.

Appreciate this historic mention by Spins on the Pearl Harbor anniversary earlier this past week. Plus to Mysty and Candy for the interesting historic info on the Haiku Stairs. Great views from there, but lots of steps to climb!! In early 2014, we enjoyed our first visit to Hawaii (on our way to Australia/New Zealand). The Pearl Harbor visit to the Arizona Memorial was very important and significant for us. This included seeing oil still bubbling up from that historic day of Dec. 7, 1941. See two pictures below.

Sorry that I have not had a chance to spend much time at the Cooler in the past month. Been busy with work and family duties, plus have had another bout of kidney stones in early November. Had my first "fun" with this experience in May and then they came back!! Have had two "procedures" and have another coming up on Tuesday. Not suffering any major pain now, but need to get one of those remaining stones out of there before starting our upcoming travel, doing the holidays, etc. Appreciate Lois R and her postings on this kidney stone topic.

As an update for our plans in late January 2018, we will be doing our first visit to Southeast Asia. This will feature Hong Kong, Bangkok, Vietnam and Cambodia, including a seven-day Mekong River cruise with Avalon Waterways, seeing Angkor Wat and Hue/Danang, etc. We will be gone a little over one month for this latest “adventure”. Then for late November, 2018, looking to do an Athens to Dubai, 20-day cruise with Oceania, including our first visits to the Holy Lands, Egypt, Middle East, etc.Any tips, ideas and secretsfrom those who have visited this interesting, historic areas?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 221,110 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

From our 2014 Pearl Harbor visit, here are two visual highlights. First, approaching the USS Arizona Memorial with the USS Missouri on the left standing guard. Second, is the Park Ranger on the Memorial giving historic background for why and how this site still leaks about 10 quarts of oil each day from the sunken hull of this ship that cost so many American lives. Very moving to visit personally and learn more background for what led up to this surprise attack on Dec. 7, 1941.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger!)

NikonCamerasNew4_zps84ef105a.jpg

NikonCamerasNew5_zps0f228afd.jpg

Watching army navy football game being played in the snow!!

Weather is definitely chilly and even here where temp has dropped 20 plus degrees since this morning.

It will be even colder. In the 40s Fahrenheit.

For south Florida that's really cold. There is a wind chill advisory out!

Brrrrr.

Just came back from a wind chill advisory brisk walk. We are stranded in Tampa; spent 12 hours yesterday at the airport to no avail. We changed reservations for tomorrow, let’s see if we make it home.

We have been with family all the time and they toool us to Longboat Key and Sarasota. We really liked that area for a future fling. The Columbia Restaurant was excellent, as expected. I had really missed Caribbean seasoning for a long time. Although, I have to say, the place blends both Cuban and Spanish cuisine.

Lois, you are a strong lady, you’ll be fine. MissS. Is having the most interesting time on board. We had Norwegian guests once who totally disrobed in a beach in Puerto Rico and families got out of the water with their hands over their kids’ eyes. We thought they would call the police!!!

Hope to be home tomorrow night... I’m missing my bed.

Hi Cam, thank you:) I am sure my issues have gotten tiresome for all of you to hear about.......I will try to keep them

at a minimum going forward.

It has been quite cold up here today.........mid 40s and windy:eek:..........rained in the morning. I had lunch with my sister

at J Alexander's. It was good:).....then I had a coupon from Kohl's...........15.00 off 50 bucks.......so I got 4 boxes of

Keurg coffees and some facial cleanser.............everything was only 38.00:D

And I got surprise from one of my salesman (where I work) he gave me a 25.00 VISA gift card........so one night this

week I will go somewhere for dinner:)

Lois,

Speaking only for myself, I am not tired about hearing of your medical issues.

It is concerning for me that I get the impression you feel you don't have answers and everytime you visit another doctor, they discover another medical conundrum. I only made some suggestions to help you take the helm, so to speak and be in charge going forward.

More the position you are at the very least, a partner in your own care.

Lois, life is sweet when you get a good deal and "beat the system". :D

I don't think any of your Cooler friends will tire of your posts, but I suspect that many will genuinely fear that the Cooler and the net generally cannot be a substitute for a better engagement with the medics who know you and your conditions and their wider picture, as no one here will do. What is happening is that many of your questions and concerns seem to be the product of a less than fluid channel of communication between you and your medics. I think we all want you to assert your need for a better understanding of what is happening to you and what you are being told. Very often a better understanding, whatever that may be is better than the understandable fear associated with "not knowing". Fear of the unkown is nearly always worst than fear of the known.

Everyone is routing for you and thinking of you. :)

Thank you Spins, I appreciate it:)........You are correct, seems whenever I have seen a new Dr, they have found something else........I am going to just take a breath and Monday have the Ultrasound....will then see about the Urologist..