Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

We are slowly working our way through the 8 pounds of Alaska seafood that we got earlier this week. Today I made the scallops. They were huge - 10 to the pound, and not too much moisture added. So they cooked up sweet and delicious.

I made a simple recipe, so as to not overwhelm the taste of the scallops. I seasoned the scallops with salt and pepper then sauteed them in butter with a bit of garlic. A little lemon juice added to the butter in the pan made a sauce that finished the dish. Served over jasmine rice.

i-M7GKQWq-L.jpg

Scallops can be tricky but I managed to not overcook them. You have to pull them off of the heat when they look like they aren't done yet. That way they end up perfect.

We are slowly working our way through the 8 pounds of Alaska seafood that we got earlier this week. Today I made the scallops. They were huge - 10 to the pound, and not too much moisture added. So they cooked up sweet and delicious.

I made a simple recipe, so as to not overwhelm the taste of the scallops. I seasoned the scallops with salt and pepper then sauteed them in butter with a bit of garlic. A little lemon juice added to the butter in the pan made a sauce that finished the dish. Served over jasmine rice.

i-M7GKQWq-L.jpg

Scallops can be tricky but I managed to not overcook them. You have to pull them off of the heat when they look like they aren't done yet. That way they end up perfect.

WOW...they look delicious:D.......you all are such good cooks! I had a fried chicken sandwich and an adult milkshake........it had some vodka, creme demethe, and chocolate liquor with a bit of ice cream too.......;)

TTS....it was not the stereotypes I was drawn to because I don't like or even believe in the concept of stereotypes. What attracted me to the article was the reference to the "peculiar ability to allow banal little things to sap the joy out of life" and "if we spent more time counting our blessings and less time finding ever more intricate things to complain about." NOT in relation to any particular nationality but to the world at large.

Oh, I see. I'll go along with that.

Another vote for Yes to the Dress (Kleinfeld version). John doesn't get it either, but I watch it while he's out!

And a super H__L YEAH, to that adult milk shake! Must try that one immediately!

Freezing rain, phooey, icky pooh yuck outside today. Taking a bottle of champers to my buds this afternoon. Will enjoy a little bubbly on this dark and miserable day!

G'Day All.....rather a dull one here with various mixed showers but very cold.

Loving your fish dishes JP..... not a keen fish eater here apart from a nice piece of plaice. My mother used to cook Halibut steaks and serve with parsley butter but l can't seem to find them these days....problem l have is if l find a bone I'm done!

I find the political world too stressful to keep up with....will any of them ever get it right or just continue to line their own pockets whilst scaring us to death.

Chicken in white wine and cream today with buttered mash, leeks and the infamous peas!

Happy Day 😊

Lois, you would be surprised if I tell you that, in regular cable or TV, my favorite program is "Say Yes to the Dress". I absolutely love wedding gowns...If I would take a job in retirement it would be assisting brides-to-be in choosing their wedding gowns. My DH finds this odd for a person that worked in economics and dabbled in short drama plays, but, hey, the more and diverse the better!!

There is a lot of drama on "Say Yes to the Dress". I am still looking for the perfect wedding gown!

There is a lot of drama on "Say Yes to the Dress". I am still looking for the perfect wedding gown!

ALL reality shows have some kind of drama..........it keeps the viewer who watches to keep watching. I watched a bunch of it last night.........sometimes they pick a gal who just "HAS NO CLUE":eek:........sorry if that sounds mean but she had no clue what style she even wanted......and she wanted to look through EVERY DRESS in the stock room............call me a cynic, but that is why it is on tv..............in real life, I seriously doubt any of us would be allowed to do that.

Anyway, hope you find your gown:D

I stumbled on another interesting article about music from around the world. One particular mention in the article (https://www.1843magazine.com/culture/what-to-listen-to/americas-fallen-angels) was Refugee Rock:

"Refugee rock

Imagine you are a refugee, far from home and in search of sanctuary. The journey is arduous but, still, a voice inside your head urges you on. When Murat Ertel, a Turkish psychedelic rocker, settled in to his studio in Istanbul to begin writing a new album, he wondered what that voice might say. With the help of Dirtmusic, an American-Australian band, he recorded Bu Bir Ruya, an album that takes us on the run to the border. On the way it introduces a clutch of different voices that sing and speak, in English and Turkish, about hunger, haggling and the longueurs of the route, about scornful strangers and indifferent, sometimes cruel, authorities.

With galloping drums, ragged guitars and the hypnotic whine of the saz, a long-necked lute, this is an ensaring album full of the joys and dangers of chasing hope. It makes you glad you could come on the journey, for a while at least, and grateful, as the record ends, that for most of us this experience is, as the album title says, nothing but a dream. ~ CHARLIE McCANN"

Here is a link to one of the songs on the album Bu Bir Ruya entitled "The Border Crossing":

The Border Crossing

Today's lunch (early dinner) was Rahmschnitzel. It's a schnitzel without a fried breadcrumb crust, covered with a creamy mushroom sauce. I first had this dish in Trier on a rainy fall day, sitting under an umbrella at a restaurant on the main square.

I found some thin-cut boneless port chops in the reduced meat section so they cost about $2 for a pound of nice meat. Pounded thin, then coated with flour, salt, pepper, and paprika. Seared in butter for the base of the dish. The sauce was simple - mushrooms, a little garlic and green onion sauteed in the pan drippings with a splash of wine. Then sour cream to finish.

i-w7Xn7NW-L.jpg

No Rheingau wine in the cellar so an Alsatian Riesling had to stand in. A pleasant way to pass the time on a nasty afternoon where it's spitting rain outside, half frozen, and dark.

It would be a great day to bake some bread if I can get any additional motivation today. Not sure if that is going to happen though. Jeff's pictures are inspiring but there is always something else to take precedence.

Yesterday afternoon I had to spend some quality time with a drain snake, as one of the drain pipes got clogged and the laundry sink started filling up when the washing machine emptied. Yikes! Luckily, (1) I had a drain snake for just such an emergency; (2) I could actually FIND the thing somewhere in the disaster area that's also known as our basement, and (3) the plumber who built our house had actually put a threaded end-cap on the drain line, in a perfect spot to access the line. So it was relatively simple to unscrew the end-cap, catch the backed up water in a bucket, and then snake out the clog.

Luckily I didn't have to call a plumber on a weekend. That might have cost a week's salary.

Hope everybody else is having a fun weekend! Back to the DVR to watch the next segment of Olympic coverage.

Hello everyone, I have some fun news.........I am getting a new car:D:D

A 2018 Buick Encore........it is their smaller SUV and I got a great deal on it. Picking it up tomorrow after work!!!

Good Morning all .........

Hi JP ...... whilst not a scallop man .... I think you either love them or not .... I loved that schnitzel dish. It really does say eat me! eat me! ... and I suspect weas extremely welcome after your snakey and plumbing efforts.

We have deliveries of food on Mondays and Fridays so tommorows delivery if delivered as ordered will give us a spatchcock chicken sort of Med style with tomatos and possibly some croquet potatos and possibly petit pois. We're also going to have some lovely Hampshire ham with eggs, fries and coleslaw. I'm also going to make some pizza this week and wifey has very precise needs. Plain tomato sauce with lots and lots of anchovies. I don't scratch make the sauce as I don't feel I add any value, and bought is pretty wonderful - but instead add some sugar, ground black pepper and some onion salt and garlic salt with mixed italian herbs into a bought passata. Finally at special request fettucine ragu is to be repeated from the new batch. Also I've been making bread once or twice a day and the smell is going to add to my wheight I'm sure.

Lois enjoy the new car.

Hello everyone, I have some fun news.........I am getting a new car:D:D

A 2018 Buick Encore........it is their smaller SUV and I got a great deal on it. Picking it up tomorrow after work!!!

OOO! Nice job, Lois! Drive and enjoy in good health!

Hi M,

Pancake day here .... ie Shrove Tuesday .... yes pancakes / crepes whatever sounds poshest. Mine was nutella hers was lemon curd. And I made the batter to a lighter mix which gave her, her sought after crispy caramelised edges.

Whatever else might be challenging in life, nothing in life gets too close to a lovely supper with a sweet dessert wine with wifey ....

Lunch was pizza with some dough balls I slow rised overnight in the fridge.

511dc427583f467570f5e7ef6f5122d6.jpg

1ec68451f532efd590f1316222b9e2c8.jpg

45fb8eb20325205a6d39c4a45860e7a6.jpg

e62ad6cd77daa29d4b954a8c453c859f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OOOO! and a real, honest to goodness, wine glass! That wine deserves it ! (giggle!)

Yes .... I use tasting glasses for everything other than reds .... but sometimes even reds. Tasting glasses are perfect for everything including sparklers .....

:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk