Flight check-ins???

kiminey65

I haven't flown to cruise in over four years as we did it from our home cruise port which is drivable to us, and it just occurred to me that I cannot remember how I did it from my last cruise?!

We are booked to cruise this next March on a Panama Canal partial transit from Miami and did not opt to have the WiFi minutes as a promo. We are set to fly home mid afternoon upon embarkation. Is there a way to pre check in the day before our cruise ends to help ensure better flight seating (That's how southwest operates)? Thanks!

I haven't flown to cruise in over four years as we did it from our home cruise port which is drivable to us, and it just occurred to me that I cannot remember how I did it from my last cruise?!

We are booked to cruise this next March on a Panama Canal partial transit from Miami and did not opt to have the WiFi minutes as a promo. We are set to fly home mid afternoon upon embarkation. Is there a way to pre check in the day before our cruise ends to help ensure better flight seating (That's how southwest operates)? Thanks!

Buy Early Bird checkin from Southwest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Check in using your smart phone 24 hours before using the ships wifi. It will only take a couple of minutes. They usually have a 10 to 15 minute special offered through the internet manager on the last day just for this purpose.

GOOD MOVE !

Another option if you have a port call within 24 hours of your destination - find a free wifi spot (Starbucks) and check-in.

You don't need the paper boarding pass with a smart phone.

If your airline requires one get it at the kiosk in the airlines check-in lobby - check any luggage and head to the

TSA cattle coral.

The TSA in most cities accepts the smart phone in lieu of the paper boarding pass - especially the Pre-Check lines !

Once you have checked in 24 hours in advance you should have no worry about keeping your assigned seats

as long as you present yourself at the boarding gate in the airlines prescribed time.

If in a USA port you can check-in even while on the ship waiting to disembark - the 3 or more hours should be

enough time to satisfy the airline check-in requirements. You should be easily within your cell phone providers

reception area to accomplish this !

Airlines with advanced assigned seat selection - no problem - those where you need to be at the airport

you may encounter some difficulty getting seating together by checking in late.

YMMV by airline and cell phone providers - a big deal does not have to made out of this !

Printed boarding passes are getting so passé in this electronic age.

Find a friend who will check you in precisely 24 hours before the flight. Once he has reserved your boarding order number you can still wait until the airport to print your boarding pass, it will show your prized low number.

On SWA though, unless you've purchased the "early bird" option, at exactly 24 hours before flight time, over half the passengers will jump on the check in. So by flight day if you wait to check in then you will be well into the back of the pack. Good news, there will be a seat for you, just maybe not one you prefer or with your partner. But still....SWA is the best. I did once purchase 5 minutes of internet time for another needed purpose. However, there was a connection fee charge for just those few minutes.

Just log on to the ships wifi-system the day before your cruise ends (at the time you know that the online check-in has "opened" for your flight), either by a stationary computer in the internet-cafe on board or through your own smartphone or laptop, and choose to "pay-per-minute" ($3,95 start-up-fee plus $0,75 per minute I believe). Usually the internet manager on board can help you if needed. Check in on your flight, choose seats and print the boarding cards at the airport if it is not possible to download them to your phone. This might cost you up to around $10 in internet-costs from the ship, but that is well worth it to get your mind "at peace" regarding this, plus seating together with your travel companions ..... (Just make certain you use the ships wifi and NOT regular mobile data at sea). If you use a computer in the internet cafe you can also print out boarding cards, I believe the price for using the printer is $0,50 per page. Those expenses will be charged directly to your ship account.

1 - Very few people should ever worry about printing a boarding pass on the ship. You can get it when you get to the airport. People waste time and money printing on the ship.

2 - Advance checkin is often a good idea to select seat when you can, or in the case of SWest, get better boarding number.

3 - For Southwest, consider buying the earlybird checkin and avoid the concern about getting wifi, getting through, or even remembering to do it.

4 - Another Southwest option is to have a TRUSTED family member do it for you.

1 - Very few people should ever worry about printing a boarding pass on the ship. You can get it when you get to the airport. People waste time and money printing on the ship.

I agree that it can be waste of money to print the boarding pass on the ship, when someone has to pay for it. That's of course if it doesn't cost more to print it on the airport.

When we checked in for our flight on the Breakaway my plan was to check in on the ship and print the boarding card in the airport but the concierge told me to print too so we did that.

On SWA though, unless you've purchased the "early bird" option, at exactly 24 hours before flight time, over half the passengers will jump on the check in. So by flight day if you wait to check in then you will be well into the back of the pack. Good news, there will be a seat for you, just maybe not one you prefer or with your partner. But still....SWA is the best. I did once purchase 5 minutes of internet time for another needed purpose. However, there was a connection fee charge for just those few minutes.

This is exactly my point! Thanks so much. The couple we are traveling with did purchase the early bird option so she had some control of their seating. She has anxiety. I want to keep this as smooth for her as possible. Our flight is about 2:30 in the afternoon, and is a direct flight home. My husband & I decided we don't really care where we sit as a 3 hour flight home sitting next to strangers is not a worry of mine. I will seek out a way to purchase internet minutes to secure my friends better seating at or near the 36 hour ahead mark for them. If possible. That puts us at the middle of the night! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is exactly my point! Thanks so much. The couple we are traveling with did purchase the early bird option so she had some control of their seating. She has anxiety. I want to keep this as smooth for her as possible. Our flight is about 2:30 in the afternoon, and is a direct flight home. My husband & I decided we don't really care where we sit as a 3 hour flight home sitting next to strangers is not a worry of mine. I will seek out a way to purchase internet minutes to secure my friends better seating at or near the 36 hour ahead mark for them. If possible. That puts us at the middle of the night! Lol.

Unless I'm misunderstanding, if she has purchased the early bird option, she's all set. Her boarding number is already assigned. She can check in at the airport and get her already determined boarding pass.

Unless I'm misunderstanding, if she has purchased the early bird option, she's all set. Her boarding number is already assigned. She can check in at the airport and get her already determined boarding pass.

Great!!!!! Thanks so much. And just to clarify, I am now able to just wait to check in once we are in port in our final day? I really don't care where I sit! I am just trying to look out for my traveling friends. They DID purchase the $15 early bird check in. This is my 1st rides with Southwest! Can you tell??

Great!!!!! Thanks so much. And just to clarify, I am now able to just wait to check in once we are in port in our final day? I really don't care where I sit! I am just trying to look out for my traveling friends. They DID purchase the $15 early bird check in. This is my 1st rides with Southwest! Can you tell??

Yes. You to not have to do advance checkin. You can do it from your phone when you get to port that morning. When you get to counter to check bags, you can get your boarding number then. Actually, most airports have a kiosk where you check in and get boarding passes, then go to counter and give them bags.