Vista or Harmony of the Seas

Never heard such a thing. I'm only loyal to my wallet and the experience. I have six times as many Carnival experiences than Royal. Like many I found the Vista dull, crammed, poorly designed and the Carnival cutbacks degraded the experience.

I've tried Royal and found the Oasis experience amazing. I will be happy to board the Glory in 80 days for another great cruise.

Not sure why you get your nickers in a twist over a Royal opinion. How many ships on a stick do you have…

Carnival has done me well, first cruise we had dinner with the Captain and a private tour of the bridge...but no one buys my opinion.

I made mention of it in reference to the cheerleader comment. Did not imply you did it. They were real.....even on this site. But that is history.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Huh?? What are you talking about....this needs further explanation :confused: Like WHAT PERKS??

See post 29... and you can google it as well Royal champions paid cheerleaders...

Edited by jimbo5544

Harmony by a mile. Carnival has nothing that compares. I got off Harmony last month and it's spectacular. Carnival has better itineraries and is cheaper, that's the appeal. If you like the Harmony itinerary and it's the same price... then no reason at all to go with Carnival.

OP, Harmony hands down. There is NO comparison between CCL Vista and the Oasis class of ships on RCI. As to cost.....if you can snag a balcony for the same cost...go for it fast on Harmony. As to the 'extra fee' stuff.....on RCI more 'stuff' is offered, just plain and simple, some of it costing an 'extra fee' (like Johnny Rockets for lunch/dinner) and many more different kinds of restaurants - like Izumi (Teppan cooking Japanese) etc....but you DON'T have to go there at all...it is just an OPTION. There are FREE main dining rooms on both ships. It is just an offered option, and there are many more on RCI. To us, the Vista was a cheapened ship in décor, closed in to cram in more cabins, theatre was a disaster w/tons of obstructions and moveable seat (a multi purpose room because they took out so many venues to cram in more cabins). Out of all my cruises on CCL, the Vista rates at the bottom and was a complete disappointment to us!!

Go Harmony for sure (and I am not a cheerleader for ANY cruise lines)!!

Sorry you didn't enjoy your cruise.... We are cruising on the Vista for the 2nd time next week. We loved the ship. Granted we have booked Havana cabins both times....which is a world within its own!! Theatre never was an issue since DW and I are not big show goers...IMAX was great. Weve cruised Carnival a dozen times and our 1st Vista cruise ranks up with the best...Only surpassed by our Breeze experience. Looking forward to cruising again on Vista next week!!

• 5 weeks later...

Having done Allure twice, Oasis twice and just off the Harmony two weeks ago and have done Vista last year and loved it I would still opt for Harmony-so much more area to spread out the people. Lots of things going on all over the ship. However no cruise is a bad cruise. We leave on the Vista again in 6 weeks. Enjoy what ever you chose

For what it's worth, we chose a 8 day EC carnival conquest over a 7 day WC oasis.... roughly the same price.

We did RCCL in April and were not fans. I didn't feel like a guest. I hated hearing the "who's next" when waiting at a bar or in any line. On carnival I feel like a guest and everyone tries to win you over. Between the molten cake on carnival for my fiancé, and just the overall feel of the cruise I'll almost always choose caRnival in the future.

Trying to decide between Vista and Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas. Price is the same for balcony room. We’ve only sailed Carnival and Norwegian. Kids didn’t like kids club on Norwegian Escape.

Pros and Cons of each?

Things that matter to us:

- cleanliness

- good kids program with flexible hours of operation during the day

- food

- amount of things that are free/included

- layout of ship is easy to learn

- clean food areas

- fun things for parents (game shows, newlywed games, etc...)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have not done any of the two ship but have been on both cruise line and just of Allure OF the Seas.

Although the ship is beautiful and so big it does lack in many areas where you don’t feel like on a cruise ship especially once inside as you never get to see the ocean. Not enough windows.

Will try to answer OP

Cleanliness - Both lines are clean

Kids Program - Again its a tie

Free/included - Free food option much better Carnival. Bar prices better Carnival. Entertainment much more to see on RCCL.

Layout - RCCL Oasis class ship are well designed very easy to navigate. Haven’t been on Vista.

Clean food Area - like mentioned above both lines are cleaned in all area.

Fun for parents - Again both lines are good at this but RCCL might have a slight advantage on those bigger ships as more venues to entertain.

Being just back from Allure I would tend to choose the Vista as haven’t been on it but no matter what you choose is what u make out of it that will count.

Keep us updated.

Sea y’a

Eric

Oasis class is far superior to anything Carnival has. It's just not a comparison. The free food options are also much better on Oasis. Carnival has what, a buffet and main dining room... that's it. Yes, they brand a few stations at the buffet like "Guys Burgers" and what not, but they just have a buffet.

Carnival is better if you have a child that is 2 years old and want kids camps. Carnival generally has better itineraries. And Carnival is usually cheaper. If pricing is similar and if you like both itineraries, it would be silly to go with Carnival over an Oasis-class.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks everyone! We are boarding Harmony on Saturday!!Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have fun on Harmony! Much better choice then Vista! Funny how Oasis class almost always beats out Vista class on a Carnival forum.

For what it's worth, we chose a 8 day EC carnival conquest over a 7 day WC oasis.... roughly the same price.

We did RCCL in April and were not fans. I didn't feel like a guest. I hated hearing the "who's next" when waiting at a bar or in any line. On carnival I feel like a guest and everyone tries to win you over. Between the molten cake on carnival for my fiancé, and just the overall feel of the cruise I'll almost always choose caRnival in the future.

Bingo!! You are 100% correct. Carnival excels at customer service and in many ways that can make up for any shortcomings in other areas.

Have fun on Harmony! Much better choice then Vista! Funny how Oasis class almost always beats out Vista class on a Carnival forum.

I think that's testament to the Carnival posters generally being honest and not simply blind fans. It's a good thing :)

The Havana area is a home run. The Lanai cabins don't appeal to me, the balcony view is obstructed and they are not private. I had three balcony cabins along the aft middle on the deck above cabins that are Havana. This was in Europe for 10 days. On Horizon those cabins will be Havana cabins. I didn't feel I was missing out on the Havana area during the day. Although the area is nice it is not always in the sun. I might pay 50-100pp more for those cabins but no more.

The Vista in general was a disappointment. Lots of lines in the buffet area, terrible elevators, theater setup is horrible, atrium blah, interior public deck layout didn't flow as nice as it does on the Breeze. Outside top decks similar to Breeze which is nice. Buffet area more crowed as it doesn't seem any bigger than Breeze but the ship has hundreds more people. The elevators have been configured three different ways since launch but they still have issues. Vista has gotten some poor reviews for all these reasons and more. I wish Carnival built another Breeze (non-Farcus) and a bunch more Spirit class. They can keep the Vista class.

...and Royal can compete with Havana, Oasis class has plenty of nice areas.

....and now back to your regularly scheduled program....

royal has nice rooms but the Havana concept is far superior to anything with the possible exception of the way,way overpriced royal "sky,owner of the amusement park, overlooking the ride" suites. They cost how much more....how many of them are there?