Christmas Eve/Day

Tiggipaws

Hello

I know we are having 4 Gala Nights which I think I am correct on assuming will be on our sea days, which I intend to dress up on. Just wondering if they treat Christmas Eve/Day as special as at home if we got out we always dress up. so I'm just wondering if we will look out of place dressed up on the Eurodam.

Thanks

It's been a while since I did a Christmas cruise but Christmas Eve was a formal (back then) night. I can't remember what the dress code was for Christmas dinner, though. I'm sure it wasn't Smart Casual!! Perhaps it was Formal Optional. Christmas Eve Day was spent at HMC and Christmas Day was a sea day. Regardless, people dressed nicely both evenings.

I think you'll be fine.

We were on the Eurodam last year during the week before Christmas. There were a fair number of people who were staying on for the holiday, and most people we talked to were planning to "do it up" for Christmas. I took that to mean that people meant "Gala+." I don't know if will rise to the level of 1990s formal, but it sounds like people were planning to dress.

My experience is that one of Christmas Eve/Day is gala and the other is casual or optional formal. It depends on the on board staff. Different families also seem to have different traditions as to which night would be more formal at home.

On some cruises the 24th has been a regular gala dinner menu and the 25th was a Christmas themed dinner menu.

And while gala nights are often on sea days, I have never seen them on the last night of a cruise. So if one of your sea days is your last day, I would expect your last gala night to be earlier.

When we sailed on HAL over Christmas several years ago, people seemed to spontaneously dress up (some way up) for both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day evenings. I can't remember what the stated dress codes were those days, but it was quite festive with everyone out and about in dressy attire.

Your signature indicates that you are to be on the Eurodam beginning Dec 16.

I could only find a 14 day cruise beginning on Dec 17. Is this the correct date?

If so, that means Dec 24 is a turn-around day in Ft Lauderdale. Passengers will be leaving the ship while others are getting on on Christmas Eve. That will be a smart casual dress that evening. The next day, Christmas should be a Gala Night but because you will be at HMC, don't know if it will be. The following day is a sea day. They may make that be the Gala Night.

We had a situation a few years ago where we had 2 sea days right after we left Ft Lauderdale. Feb 13 was our first sea day and that was the Formal Night (back then we had formal nights) and Feb 14 -- Valentine's Day was casual.