Mother Daughter Cruise w/ 13 year old ; )

Gwendolyn&Olivia

Hello Cruisers, we are going to be on the MS Eurodam November 19-26 Western Caribbean Cruise. Would love to meet other Moms and their Daughters to hang out with during that week. Maybe even after. Mine is bit of a girly girl but likes every type of person. No need to be super girly whatsoever. I hope to do yoga daily in the AM and have been extensively researching shore excursions through HAL and non Cruiseline related excursions as well. I have about 10 hours of research in so far and would love to exchange, ideas, thoughts and information either before or after embarkation. I plan to do quite a bit more research in the final week before we leave. We want to Parasail, Dolphin Swin, (not just kiss) and horseback ride. Anyone interested, look forward to hearing from you. Not sure how to privately exchange intel. We do have a Stateroom assignment but I am not certain if we are permitted to post it here? Thanks

I love mother/daughter trips and used to do lots when my daughter was young. (I actually took her on a partial Panama cruise in March even though she's in her 30's now and we loved it).

I would recommend you post on your roll call-that is where you will meet others on your cruise and maybe someone traveling with their daughter too.

Have a great time!

If you can't find your roll call let us know-I don't know how to attach the link but I'm sure someone else will come along and assist.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

HAL has great activies for children and teens ( a great secret). CLUB HAL for the younger and the LOFT for the teens. Your daughter would meet teens there.

I agree with the others - post on our roll call but be cautious. You have a young lady to care for.

Hello Cruisers, we are going to be on the MS Eurodam November 19-26 Western Caribbean Cruise. Would love to meet other Moms and their Daughters to hang out with during that week. Maybe even after. Mine is bit of a girly girl but likes every type of person. No need to be super girly whatsoever. I hope to do yoga daily in the AM and have been extensively researching shore excursions through HAL and non Cruiseline related excursions as well. I have about 10 hours of research in so far and would love to exchange, ideas, thoughts and information either before or after embarkation. I plan to do quite a bit more research in the final week before we leave. We want to Parasail, Dolphin Swin, (not just kiss) and horseback ride. Anyone interested, look forward to hearing from you. Not sure how to privately exchange intel. We do have a Stateroom assignment but I am not certain if we are permitted to post it here? Thanks

As the mother of three children myself, please reconsider posting this kind of information anywhere on the internet. You have no idea who might be reading and watching.

Don't give out your cabin number, don't give out your email, don't give out anything identifiable about your child. Please.

You have no idea who anyone is. I say I'm the mother of two daughters and a son, but I could be anyone. As could you -- either of us could be misleading this board about who we are, in an attempt to lure a child.

Please be careful. This is your child's safety I'm talking about.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Are you traveling without your DH? Are you divorced? If so, you need to get his permission in writing and notarized.

Do you have passports? OR do you have original birth certificates?

Good point. When my daughter was a minor, we occasionally cruised and travelled out of the country without my husband.

I always brought a notarized letter. The Passport Services website has a Minor Travel Consent Form that can be download.

I don't recall anyone ever asking to look at it, but it's always good to have just in case an airline, immigration, cruise line, etc. request it.

Good point. When my daughter was a minor, we occasionally cruised and travelled out of the country without my husband.

I always brought a notarized letter. The Passport Services website has a Minor Travel Consent Form that can be download.

I don't recall anyone ever asking to look at it, but it's always good to have just in case an airline, immigration, cruise line, etc. request it.

It's always better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it!

I might also ask the mods to change my user name. But then I'm overly cautious (borderlline paranoid?). :D

I agree with you. I was going to mention that also, but 2nd guessed myself. So glad you stated it though. Doesn't it say, when you create your account, to NOT use your name as your sign on?