ms Nieuw Amsterdam & Oosterdam in Port Everglades on Nov. 11, 2017

Scrapnana

Just got back from Coral Gables to read that a Broward Sheriffs Office patrol boat ran into the Oosterdam. Can't find a link, but DW saw it on Facebook.

edit: okay, my attempt to link the page directly didn't work, but this from a facebook page called "cruisehabit.com" (found by typing "oosterdam" in fb search):

For those wondering about today's delays at Port Everglades, Holland America Line Oosterdam and a Broward Sheriff's Office patrol boat collided. Two deputies were transported to the hospital. Once the reports are complete Oosterdam can leave, until then Royal Caribbean International Freedom is delayed as she is behind Oosterdam in the intracoastal (ICW).

Sounds like it was an exciting afternoon. Sorry I missed it all. But how could they say in that article that the two ships collided, when Oosterdam was docked! At least later they said the BSO boat crashed into Oostie, but it was wrong to start out with. I would imagine that the larger ship would have had the right of way, if they were both moving, anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk