apple cider vinegar

kathyemma

I have horrible heartburn and gall stones. When I get an attack I drink the nasty apple cider vinegar mixed with apple juice. Can I bring this on board?

TIA

I'd try a sealed container and a doctor's note. They do have it in capsule form which is much easier.

Although I have no experience with bringing ACV on board, how does this differ from people bringing Pepto, water or soda. They are all liquids.

It looks strange - it is cloudy and gross. I was afraid they would think I was trying to sneak in booze.

Those of us who fly have to worry about getting that bottle of vinegar down, so capsules are awesome! I take a daily tablespoon of ACV with the mother (gotta have the mother) in my water, but just skipped it on my last cruise and brought some Tums & a few omeprazole with me just in case. I'm so used to making good choices with what I eat I knew that I'd be good on the cruise as well. My only concern was that I'd indulge in too many coconut cookies and set my heartburn off. I have a hiatal hernia so heartburn is a daily thing for me. Got much better once my gallbladder was removed. So worth it.

Those of us who fly have to worry about getting that bottle of vinegar down, so capsules are awesome! I take a daily tablespoon of ACV with the mother (gotta have the mother) in my water, but just skipped it on my last cruise and brought some Tums & a few omeprazole with me just in case. I'm so used to making good choices with what I eat I knew that I'd be good on the cruise as well. My only concern was that I'd indulge in too many coconut cookies and set my heartburn off. I have a hiatal hernia so heartburn is a daily thing for me. Got much better once my gallbladder was removed. So worth it.

We are twins. I have had heartburn everyday since Feb of 1998. Guess when I got pregnant!? I too have hiatal hernia and gallstones. I was supposed to have my gallbladder removed Thursday but it got postponed until Dec. My doctor thinks removing my gallbladder won't help my GERD since I have had it so long. I am going to have the stretta procedure done soon. Unfortunately, I don't know what sets off my attacks. I have given up everything and still get them.

Kathy

We are twins. I have had heartburn everyday since Feb of 1998. Guess when I got pregnant!? I too have hiatal hernia and gallstones. I was supposed to have my gallbladder removed Thursday but it got postponed until Dec. My doctor thinks removing my gallbladder won't help my GERD since I have had it so long. I am going to have the stretta procedure done soon. Unfortunately, I don't know what sets off my attacks. I have given up everything and still get them.

Kathy

I've got Barretts from the heartburn, so I get the pleasure of yearly endoscopies. Next one is Tuesday of Thanksgiving week. Yay?

I've been able to track my triggers with careful documentation of every bite of food and sip of liquid that goes in my mouth over the years. I've been dealing with it for about 10 years, gallbladder came out three years ago. It's weird how something won't normally bother me, unless I eat it on an empty stomach. I make a point to eat 5 small meals a day so my stomach is never really empty. I can't eat wheat on an empty stomach (like triscuits), but can if it's part of a meal (like a sandwich). It's all about careful tracking for me.

Although I have no experience with bringing ACV on board, how does this differ from people bringing Pepto, water or soda. They are all liquids.

Pepto also available in tablet form. Water available all over the ship. Bringing your own and your own soda technically prohibited but they usually look the other way.

Kathy

Got you beat Kathy. I have been suffering since the 1960s and Dr. and I have tried every known remedy and he has ordered every known test. Try to suffer in silence but will head to WalMart for some of the pills.

Grace

Got you beat Kathy. I have been suffering since the 1960s and Dr. and I have tried every known remedy and he has ordered every known test. Try to suffer in silence but will head to WalMart for some of the pills.

Grace

I am so sorry. It is such a horrible feeling. Have you tried the stretta procedure?

I have horrible heartburn and gall stones. When I get an attack I drink the nasty apple cider vinegar mixed with apple juice. Can I bring this on board?

TIA

Mrs Gut always has with no troubles.

But also uses the capsule form.

Thanks for this info. I have used protein pump inhibitor like Protonex and Nexium for years. They work BUT recent studies suggest that they could do harm.... so I have switched to Zantac, but that does not work very well. What works best if an adjustable bed. I have learned to sleep at a slight elevation but can't accomplish this with the cruise pillows. I will try the capsules. Had dried ACV and water, but was concerned about damaging my teeth.. this sounds like a good solution.