How long from the time I leave my cabin until I’m curb side?

rch3232

How long from the time I leave my cabin until I’m curb side? It’s just myself, doing self disembark, plan on leaving my cabin at 7:30 and i’ll be on the Epic out of Port Canaveral.

I know delays can happen but I’d like to know typically how long it takes.

My husband and I just returned from a cruise to Cuba this past Friday on the Sky which is a smaller ship. We elected to carry off our luggage and from leaving our cabin to passing through Customs, it took about 15 minutes. There were no lines (as I've experienced previously) and it was a seamless process. Just a few caveats ~ we didn't disembark as soon as the ship docked as our flight wasn't until noon and therefore we didn't have to worry about lines and we have Global Entry which probably saved us a couple of minutes at Customs.

My husband and I just returned from a cruise to Cuba this past Friday on the Sky which is a smaller ship. We elected to carry off our luggage and from leaving our cabin to passing through Customs, it took about 15 minutes. There were no lines (as I've experienced previously) and it was a seamless process. Just a few caveats ~ we didn't disembark as soon as the ship docked as our flight wasn't until noon and therefore we didn't have to worry about lines and we have Global Entry which probably saved us a couple of minutes at Customs.

The OP is asking about the Epic which is twice the size of the Sky and wants to be first off at 0730, not like when you departed the Sky later in the morning. Night and Day experiences. ;p

How long from the time I leave my cabin until I’m curb side? It’s just myself, doing self disembark, plan on leaving my cabin at 7:30 and i’ll be on the Epic out of Port Canaveral.

Might take 30 minutes, might take 2 hours. It is impossible to guess.

At 7:30, you will be at peak traffic getting off ship.

I did the Epic last January and they started self disembark at 6:30. I was surprised how early it started. They weren't making any announcements at that early of the morning so we didn't know it had started until about 6:45. We were at our vehicle by 7:00 and on the road by 7:05. It was by far the easiest disembarkation I've ever done.

I did the Epic last January and they started self disembark at 6:30. I was surprised how early it started. They weren't making any announcements at that early of the morning so we didn't know it had started until about 6:45. We were at our vehicle by 7:00 and on the road by 7:05. It was by far the easiest disembarkation I've ever done.

Thank you. Do you know what time they started the announcements?

They will issue a letter onboard giving timings, the ship has only just crossed over so you may need more weeks to get the experiences. Be aware though that they want all self disembarks off before they start calling the coloured tags so you need to be on line early and they may be doing self disembark before 7.30am

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How long?

The one poster earlier was off before the announced time and it went great. On some cruises, there is a hang up with Immigration folks, or Coast Guard... or.....

I have noticed more than once in the past that some people leave before any announcements. That is great if there are no delays. Each little delay starts a new problem that just backs up everything.

Good luck.

Okay - self disembark is where you take your own luggage with you.

How long does it usually take at peak time then?

Hard to say. There will be no space in elevator so you’ll have to carry your luggage up or down the stairs To the disembarkation level. There will be a long line to get off the ship. A long line to get into the baggage hall. A long line to get into customs. About 2500 of your newest friends will have the exact same idea and will be all trying to get off at the same time.

in March,we self-disembarked Epic in Canaveral. Our ride was picking us up shipside at 10, so we waited til 9 ish and meandered off. Hubby had grabbed a few pieces of fruit from the buffet to pack for later, I slept in., and we were off in less than 5 minutes. I'm pretty sure we went down in a big freight elevator thing

you take your luggage off the ship on debarkation morning. you do not need to place your luggage out the night before and do not need to claim your luggage in the terminal

Why doesn't everyone do that?! If you leave around 9am, do you avoid the crowds?

Why doesn't everyone do that?! If you leave around 9am, do you avoid the crowds?

Why doesn't everyone do that? Simple - they do not want to deal with their bags. Some by personal preference, and some are barely able to walk themselves and do not want to deal with bags. And, some folks have 2-3 bags EACH.

If you leave at 9am, do you avoid crowds? Sometimes yes if others left earlier. If nobody gets off until 9am due to delays, then the crowd is terrible.