Can I Bring My Tuba and Play it on the Balcony ?

curtdesilets

Can I Bring My Tuba and play it on the Balcony ? Like after 11pm?

Sorry. I see so many idiotic posts, I thought I might add one.

Actually, realistically, are musical instruments on the list of banned items to bring onboard?

I support you all the way. Of course on the condition you allow me to sing once you are finished, from the balcony next to you. :'):o:eek:

Actually, realistically, are musical instruments on the list of banned items to bring onboard?

Sure why not.;p;p

One Princess cruise we went on, some years ago we were in an obstructed view cabin on Deck 8, where we often are. First night we heard a trumpet going all day, drove me mad. I knocked on the door and enquired. It was a bloke from a band just on for the week. At least he did not practice at night. Another cruise so help me God, we had an opera singer next door, yes you guessed it, she rehearsed all day. :evilsmile:

My enquiries with the Purser revealed the visiting artists are often put in obstructed view cabins on Deck 8. So beware !!!

Stoked. Just confirmed by Princess I can bring my air guitar ...... "Wild Stallions"

Actually I play Clarinet, or I did in HS. I guess a harmonica would be okay. Tuba may be a bit much. - Curt, OP.

Oh joy! Now I have justification to bring my bagpipes! My wife will be thrilled!:D

I guarantee that she will insist I only play on the balcony with the door closed.;)

On our recent cruise on the Emerald an older gentleman played beautiful music every week at the Jewish Sabbath Services on his harmonica.

The first week he asked if he could play and after that (it was a 28 day cruise) he played by request from the rest of us!

And several years ago we were seated for dinner on the first formal night when a whole contingent of people (men in kilts!!! ) walked in preceded by a couple of men playing the bagpipes.

It remains one of my most special cruise memories! :hearteyes:

Yes but you must wear a Tux Jacket, Hawaiian print T-shirt with Bermuda shorts to meet the Princess formal dress code, then put music sheets along with towels on 10 pool chairs to save all day and even though you will not use them, then once an hour you must get in an over crowed elevator with your tuba, then you must act Entitled because you are part of the Elite Tuba Princess Class and finally finish by cutting into any line you see fit to while playing the Love Boat theme song on your tuba....it is certainly possible!! :cool:

Great response.

Best post ever, I was born after the moon landing. I hate to be the spelling police but it's Wyld Stallyns, in any case I'll be there to watch the show.

You are aware that the show will be under the stairs???:halo::confused::mad:

hippo

I think phones need to be banned. On one of the beautiful evenings last week I was trying to read a book on the balcony when our 2nd door neighbor began to VERY LOUDLY skype with somebody in Spanish, swinging the phone around to show the other person the view. This went on for more than 20 minutes, I got annoyed to no end and went inside the room. Grrrr.

You win the internet today, sir.

(Except it's "Wyld Stallyns")

Acknowledged and fully agree but I already get hit on by the spelling police if put an extra u in some of the words I use, such the word honour. My response...... honor?? .... all that is missing is U

I am now going to put on my tin foil hat and await the onslaught ............... while my air guitar gently weeps

Best post ever, I was born after the moon landing. I hate to be the spelling police but it's Wyld Stallyns, in any case I'll be there to watch the show.

Gotta love the reference even if you did have to correct the spelling. In this case it wasn't like the normal "spelling police" or "grammar police". Believe me, I have to hold my tongue (or at least my fingers!) quite often in the forums but, when it comes to Bill and Ted there is no restraint possible. You simply had to correct the spelling!