Customer Service

Dupont941

Does anyone experience poor customer service from Celebrity after booking? I’m not talking aboard ship just follow up on a booking. They don’t respond to email. Very difficult to get info regarding their Galapagos cruises.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Join the club. Their phone reps are extremely hit or miss regardless of sailing destinations including basic questions for embarkation in Florida. Have emailed a few questions over two MONTHS ago an still no reply. Asked the questions on here an got the answers by over 20 people in less than 3 DAYS. Personally if this is how they treat new cruisers to their company we won't sail with them again. Already told the TA for our group we're not impressed so far.

Join the club. Their phone reps are extremely hit or miss regardless of sailing destinations including basic questions for embarkation in Florida. Have emailed a few questions over two MONTHS ago an still no reply. Asked the questions on here an got the answers by over 20 people in less than 3 DAYS. Personally if this is how they treat new cruisers to their company we won't sail with them again. Already told the TA for our group we're not impressed so far.

I’ve cruised Celebrity 12 times. Cruises are great but any ? or problem after booking forget it.

Do other cruise lines handle email inquiries efficiently? Genuine question. I know Princess has an email option, but they're very specific about the topics they'll handle via email. You have to make choices about what it is you want to know, and none of the choices are for pre-cruise questions. They also tell you to call if it's something you need an immediate answer on.

Considering that Celebrity has tens of thousands of people booked at any given time, I can easily see why email wouldn't receive an immediate response.

I usually call the Captain's Club number, or the concierge assigned us early on. After a live call, I then usually receive excellent email service. and followup if needed. If there is a change to an onborad event, print the email and show it to the Shorex team on board...they will adhere to the new terms and are very helpful.

Dupont941,

Have you joined the Roll Call for your sailing. Perhaps some of your questions, even though they are not sailing specific, might be answered there. Even glancing at past Galapagos Roll Calls might provide great insight.

Enjoy your cruise.

If you are working with a TA, then it is their responsibility to answer your questions, you shouldn’t be contacting Celebrity...

Thanks but my questions are related to an existing booked cruise. The rep one gets when calling can’t seem to handle Galapagos questions. I also find their web site to be very user unfriendly.

There is a Galapagos desk, and here within CC there is extensive discussion of the Galapagos and related questions. The random customer service person on the phone at Celebrity isn’t likely to be a good source of information...

We have experienced poor customer service from Celebrity, Princess and Royal Caribbean, and we always use a travel agent.

For example, Celebrity advised that a $300 FCC we had on RCCL could not be used on the Xpedition. When we later attempted to use it on an RCCL cruise, we were asked why we had not used it on the Xpedition. In researching it, RCCL was able to identify the rep who made the mistake; it was thoroughly documented. Even our TA could not get Celebrity to honor the FCC. RCCL agrees that our FCC crossed all brand lines. I've posted the whole story elsewhere on Cruise Critic, as the comedy of errors was far worse on the RCCL side. (It included RCCL backing out of a booked cruise. Yes, RCCL backed out of a booking.) In the end, to make a long story short, RCCL eventually wrote us a check for the full amount of the FCC.

When we went on the Xpedition (a fantastic cruise we would do again in a minute) the A/C failed on our deck. Our TA handled all discussions with Celebrity and we are happy enough on the resolution that we would not hesitate to use Celebrity again in the Galapagos. We are actually exploring that for 2019.

Our experience is that RCCL and Celebrity reps are less trained and less experienced than the Princess reps. I don't think this is unique to cruising. Anyone having trouble might try talking with Dell or HP customer service in India or the Philippines. You will then appreciate the Celebrity reps.

We all share your pain.

WWW.celebrity stands for World's Worst Website.

Must stop reading posts whilst drinking coffee, spilt it again by laughing....

We have friends presently researching a range of lines for their first cruise...we found ourselves apologising for Celebrity’s web site and reassuring them that it in no way reflects on the cruise experience....

Agree with what others have said about phoning rather than emailing.

Does anyone experience poor customer service from Celebrity after booking? I’m not talking aboard ship just follow up on a booking. They don’t respond to email. Very difficult to get info regarding their Galapagos cruises.

Thanks for all the great input.

I thought it was me causing problems on the website. Nothing is easy to find and even once I am logged in, they want me to log in again. I really hate to bother my TA because she's a good friend and my questions are things I should be able to get answered without an intermediary.

I really hate to bother my TA because she's a good friend and my questions are things I should be able to get answered without an intermediary.

Kind thought but your Travel Agent is receiving a commission from the cruise line for providing such services and--in exchange for that financial consideration--is expected to serve as your intermediary...