Questions Regarding MSC Seaside

TravelinGert

I'd much rather have it at 4:30 personally so not a miscalculation for everyone. Late in the morning on a sea day I am lounging by the pool.

I totally agree, if it’s in the morning we won’t be going. It was around 4pm on the Divina last year which was good.

And totally alien but what is a cabin crawl and slot pull? I do recall these on the Divina?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I totally agree, if it’s in the morning we won’t be going. It was around 4pm on the Divina last year which was good.

And totally alien but what is a cabin crawl and slot pull? I do recall these on the Divina?

A Cabin Crawl and Slot pull are activities arranged by those on your Cruise Critic Roll Call. They are not on the daily program.

Cabin Crawl is just what it sounds like...people in the group volunteer to show their cabins, so there is a representative sample, and we tour those cabins, as a group, so we are able to see all the various types of cabins. It will be great on the Seaside since none of us have seen all the various types/styles of cabins!

Slot Pull is when those in the group who desire to play, meet up and put in X number of $$ (ususally $15-20) and play one slot machine with all the combined money...frequently 3-5 "pulls" per person. At the end whatever we win is split between all participants. Sometime a bonus or prize is given to whomever in the group wins the most money for the group on their turn.

A Cabin Crawl and Slot pull are activities arranged by those on your Cruise Critic Roll Call. They are not on the daily program.

Cabin Crawl is just what it sounds like...people in the group volunteer to show their cabins, so there is a representative sample, and we tour those cabins, as a group, so we are able to see all the various types of cabins. It will be great on the Seaside since none of us have seen all the various types/styles of cabins!

Slot Pull is when those in the group who desire to play, meet up and put in X number of $$ (ususally $15-20) and play one slot machine with all the combined money...frequently 3-5 "pulls" per person. At the end whatever we win is split between all participants. Sometime a bonus or prize is given to whomever in the group wins the most money for the group on their turn.

Slot pull may be difficult as if is same kind of set up as the Divina you played with your Cruise card so no money is used?

Sorry - I had to laugh Ashley! :D

Mario Rossi is a famous Italian conductor!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Rossi

As they say..."When sailing on an Italian ship..." ;p

The fun pass funds are stored on the key card and not a separate card.

We added funds to 2 cards in our group and the cards must be presented to redeem.

Does anyone know if the coffee package on the Msc Seaside includes Adult hot coffee such as alcoholic. Thanks in advance.

Boychef

I believe that it only covers those items up to 7.50 and you would need the Deluxe alcoholic package to have it covered unless of course you just paid for it at full retail price.

Regarding the Aurea balcony cabins on deck 9, these are the larger balcony cabins in the front of the ship:

can anyone tell me if they have sun loungers or do they just have regular chairs on the balcony?

Thanks

I have seen reviews where it was stated they had requested loungers from the room steward and gotten them for their balcony early on. In a recent picture looking down on that area several of the balconies had loungers on them. I'll go with if they aren't there you can get some.

A few questions since Seaside has begun cruising the Caribbean...

1. Has any additional shade been added (as in umbrellas) to the lounge area, pool side in YC?

2. Are the in-cabin movies complimentary in YC?

Thanks in advance!

Anyone know the answers? I do not think any of the pictures of the Yacht Club Pool I've seen are post-Miami arrival.

I could be wrong on this, but that looks like an individual's keycard with a "Fun Pass" sticker at the top. I think there's a name on the card. (Looks like maybe Mario Rossi or something.) When you sign a waiver at the fitness center, they put a sticker on your card to indicate that you're allowed to use the equipment. I think this might be something similar. Can't say from personal experience, though.

Thanks, Ashley! So this is a qualified maybe apparently. :)

Both cards or is it an either / or thing?

If you have enough on one card you can use one card to pay for the entire selection. But the funds are stored on your key card.

They had a deal $100 got you $160 but that was on one card and not split. That was too much. We did $50 per card and got $65 and left with money left over.

The F1 Simulator was pretty cool!

If you have enough on one card you can use one card to pay for the entire selection. But the funds are stored on your key card.

They had a deal $100 got you $160 but that was on one card and not split. That was too much. We did $50 per card and got $65 and left with money left over.

The F1 Simulator was pretty cool!

So you spent $100 and only got $130? Some deal.

A few questions since Seaside has begun cruising the Caribbean...

1. Has any additional shade been added (as in umbrellas) to the lounge area, pool side in YC?

2. Are the in-cabin movies complimentary in YC?

Thanks in advance!

I went ahead and bought a personal size shade umbrella, made of sun protection material. I'll bring it and hopefully it will work out :cool:

I went ahead and bought a personal size shade umbrella, made of sun protection material. I'll bring it and hopefully it will work out :cool:

Thanks, C-sea! Be sure and let us know how it works out. I haven't actually made a decision yet on my golf umbrella with the sturdy clamp. If I can fit it in my luggage it will be going with me. I will make certain to use it somewhere like a lounger against the wall where it won't be in anyone's way which I think will be the deciding factor. Good luck! :)

I have a question about the Fastastica Experience dining room arrangements on Seaside:

Once we are assigned a dining time, what happens when we arrive at the dining room? Is it the same assigned table and waiter for the entire cruise, or are we seated as we arrive?

Are we seated at large tables with other random guests? Or same tablemates for the entire cruise? Can we get a smaller table?

I have a question about the Fastastica Experience dining room arrangements on Seaside:

Once we are assigned a dining time, what happens when we arrive at the dining room? Is it the same assigned table and waiter for the entire cruise, or are we seated as we arrive?

Are we seated at large tables with other random guests? Or same tablemates for the entire cruise? Can we get a smaller table?

Haven't been on the cruise yet so this is just my understanding. Everyone in Fantastica is assigned a dining time and table which is theirs for the week. If you have a scheduling issue or just are not happy with the table you can go to the maitre'd desk when it opens and ask for reassignment. They'll switch you if they have an opening but there may be none available.

When you arrive at the dinning room for the first time, they will ask you for your table number which is on your card and take you to your table. From that point on, yes you will be assigned the same table for the rest of the cruise. If you want a small table, you need to call the cruise line directly and request it and have it on the record. I wanted a table for six and called to reserve one. Good luck.

Sorry - I had to laugh Ashley! :D

Mario Rossi is a famous Italian conductor!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Rossi

As they say..."When sailing on an Italian ship..." ;p

Haha! Too funny! That's what it looks like on the card. Maybe that's why they chose his name as a sample. :D

Uh Oh! Looks like my 8 year old will be dinning at the buffet...This is the strangest kids menu I have seen.

It does have some things that would probably seem strange to North American kids. But to be fair, there is a hot dog, simple pastas, fruit salad, jello, plain steak or chicken, french fries, etc. I suspect most kids could find *something* amongst that, even my picky eaters.

It does have some things that would probably seem strange to North American kids. But to be fair, there is a hot dog, simple pastas, fruit salad, jello, plain steak or chicken, french fries, etc. I suspect most kids could find *something* amongst that, even my picky eaters.

I see what you mean. Not your typical American kid's menu. Looks like it would be healthier than most American kid's menus, though. I wonder about the pasta with cheese and ham. Sounds pretty good to me.

Probably wouldn't work with every kid, but I used to tell my kids when we traveled they might have to eat something they weren't accustomed to because that is all there is available. When they were really young I used to tell them restaurants in other countries wouldn't serve them dessert unless they took 1 bite of each thing, too. :evilsmile: One of my kids eats about anything, the other will at least try anything.

I would think you could make an agreement with most kids if they'll just sit with you and taste something from that menu and if they don't like it you will take them to the buffet later. Most kids can be fairly reasonable if you give them advance notice. Like most of us it is the unexpected that is really unsettling.

I see what you mean. Not your typical American kid's menu. Looks like it would be healthier than most American kid's menus, though. I wonder about the pasta with cheese and ham. Sounds pretty good to me.

Probably wouldn't work with every kid, but I used to tell my kids when we traveled they might have to eat something they weren't accustomed to because that is all there is available. When they were really young I used to tell them restaurants in other countries wouldn't serve them dessert unless they took 1 bite of each thing, too. :evilsmile: One of my kids eats about anything, the other will at least try anything.

I would think you could make an agreement with most kids if they'll just sit with you and taste something from that menu and if they don't like it you will take them to the buffet later. Most kids can be fairly reasonable if you give them advance notice. Like most of us it is the unexpected that is really unsettling.

I agree. If the kids don't know what to expect, then it can be problematic. With my kids I try to show them menus in advance if I think they might not find something. Even now that they're older (teens), I still do this, because they're still picky eaters! But it looked to me like the MSC menu covered *some* of the American basics. What is missing is pizza with a tomato sauce (rather than a white sauce), a hamburger and chicken nuggets. I suspect that the pasta with ham and cheese is their version of mac & cheese.

My kids definitely still prefer the buffet most nights (although my daughter has developed a taste for steak, so if she can have steak every night, she'll be in the dining room) but we have them come with us to the MDR for the family time and I'm not too critical of what they select, even if it's just a plate of french fries and a cheese plate (we've learned that cheese plates and fruit plates, while technically part of the dessert menu, make great appetizers for kids).

At home our rule is, if we go out somewhere or to someone's house, it is acceptable to politely refuse one thing, but they must take at least a small amount of everything else and eat it. On vacation I'm definitely more lax on that, although I do use the opportunity of cruising to get the kids to try something new since it doesn't 'cost' us anything.

I agree. If the kids don't know what to expect, then it can be problematic. With my kids I try to show them menus in advance if I think they might not find something. Even now that they're older (teens), I still do this, because they're still picky eaters! But it looked to me like the MSC menu covered *some* of the American basics. What is missing is pizza with a tomato sauce (rather than a white sauce), a hamburger and chicken nuggets. I suspect that the pasta with ham and cheese is their version of mac & cheese.

My kids definitely still prefer the buffet most nights (although my daughter has developed a taste for steak, so if she can have steak every night, she'll be in the dining room) but we have them come with us to the MDR for the family time and I'm not too critical of what they select, even if it's just a plate of french fries and a cheese plate (we've learned that cheese plates and fruit plates, while technically part of the dessert menu, make great appetizers for kids).

At home our rule is, if we go out somewhere or to someone's house, it is acceptable to politely refuse one thing, but they must take at least a small amount of everything else and eat it. On vacation I'm definitely more lax on that, although I do use the opportunity of cruising to get the kids to try something new since it doesn't 'cost' us anything.

Since it doesn't cost extra to try it and if you don't like it that's fine is definitely one positive aspect of cruising for anyone! From what I've seen of the regular MDR menus the dishes each night seem pretty varied. I'd love to see more pictures of the food in the MDR although I'm not sure my phone can stand me drooling over it looking at them any more. :rolleyes: :)

Since it doesn't cost extra to try it and if you don't like it that's fine is definitely one positive aspect of cruising for anyone! From what I've seen of the regular MDR menus the dishes each night seem pretty varied. I'd love to see more pictures of the food in the MDR although I'm not sure my phone can stand me drooling over it looking at them any more. :rolleyes: :)

When my kids were small, we made them at least TRY every thing...if they tasted and didn't like it, they didn't have to eat the rest....but oftentimes, they liked it and ate it.

Of course the downside to this was that they developed pretty sophisticated palates! LOL! When my 4 year old son ordered shrimp cocktail and my 7 year old daughter ordered filet mignon...medium please....I knew we were in trouble! LOL! Our oldest was less picky and easy to please, but now she is a vegetarian!