Cruise points for math challenged.

Tillie43

I’m confused (although my DH says that’s normal). I am at Platinum level with 38 points. Haven’t cruised in about 10 years so I know points have changed for cruise credits. We where on the Serenade for a 14 night Repo thru Panama Canal (highly recommend), balcony cabin. My C&A credit states 2 points. Would this be equal to 28 points? We took two additional cruises (one a Prominade inside for seven nights and another in an ocean view cabin for seven nights). The fourth was an Alaska cruise inside cabin 7 nights. These were all listed as 1 point credit.

I hesitate to call C&A and sound dumb so I thought I might run it by the more seasoned cruisers here first. TIA.

All of your cruises are prior to the conversion to the new system. Each credit was given 7 points, so 5 times 7 is 35 making you platinum. Platinum at the conversion got an extra 3 points as a gift, getting you to your current 38.

Going forward, you get one point per night, one extra point per night if in a suite and an extra point per night if you are solo in a double occupancy cabin.

All of your cruises were before RCCL changed the program from cruise credits to cruise points. All cruises of 2-11 nights earned one cruise credit. Cruises in suites or over 12 days earned 2 cruise credits. Your cruise credits are still reflected on your history, but were converted in January 2011 using the following formula:

Cruise credits x 7 + a conversion bonus

In your case:

5 x 7 + 3 = 38 Cruise points

Your cruise points are correct.

Hope this helps.

Lori

I’m confused (although my DH says that’s normal). I am at Platinum level with 38 points. Haven’t cruised in about 10 years so I know points have changed for cruise credits. We where on the Serenade for a 14 night Repo thru Panama Canal (highly recommend), balcony cabin. My C&A credit states 2 points. Would this be equal to 28 points? We took two additional cruises (one a Prominade inside for seven nights and another in an ocean view cabin for seven nights). The fourth was an Alaska cruise inside cabin 7 nights. These were all listed as 1 point credit.

I hesitate to call C&A and sound dumb so I thought I might run it by the more seasoned cruisers here first. TIA.

Were there extra points given to Diamond Plus?

I just calculated my points and they don't add up to the points I'm credited with. We are getting close to Pinnacle and want to make it on a certain cruise. And I don't want Royal recalculating my points a week before on that cruise.

Were there extra points given to Diamond Plus?

I just calculated my points and they don't add up to the points I'm credited with. We are getting close to Pinnacle and want to make it on a certain cruise. And I don't want Royal recalculating my points a week before on that cruise.

When they did the conversion in 2011 here is how it went. Whatever cruise points you had at that time applied to this formula.

Conversion from old cruise credits to cruise points:

If credits were 1-4, points = credits * 7 + 1

If credits were 5-7, points = credits * 7 + 3

If credits were > 7, points = credits * 7 + 13

bac60e67cc6a495b2d2bc7457bd5d7c0.jpg

753b861a7ae4e56f26999b410392e39a.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Thanks John. I always had a thing in the back of my mind we were 1 point short.

We only started cruising in 2011 and had a 15 night Ta booked as our 2nd cruise in 2012. When we booked we were told we would get 1 extra point, Now I know why we didn't get it.

The change over happened between our booking date and the sail date.

Thanks John. I always had a thing in the back of my mind we were 1 point short.

We only started cruising in 2011 and had a 15 night Ta booked as our 2nd cruise in 2012. When we booked we were told we would get 1 extra point, Now I know why we didn't get it.

The change over happened between our booking date and the sail date.

Found this at the LA desk on Rhapsody this past May

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

That document says "2013 - Starting in October, single cruisers earn double points when sailing in a double stateroom."

Is that correct for suites? If you sail solo in a JS do you get four points per night? I thought you get three points per night.

That document says "2013 - Starting in October, single cruisers earn double points when sailing in a double stateroom."

Is that correct for suites? If you sail solo in a JS do you get four points per night? I thought you get three points per night.

It is 3 points

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Poor terminology (again) from Royal. It should say "an extra cruise point per night".