ms Eurodam & Koningsdam in Port Everglades December 10, 2017

Scrapnana

I was just looking at the Maho Beach cam - it all looks so different. I guess the camera has moved inland and it seems like that bar that was so crowded at the end of the runway is completely gone. Wow. Sad, because it did a roaring business with everyone watching the flights come in.

PTZTV moved the Maho Beach camera long before the storm. Instead of at the bar it is now at a car rental agency.

I watched a body being transferred from one plane to another earlier. I checked PTZTV’s fb page to find why they were spending so much time zooming in on it. Turns out it was the body of a famous French singer (who I had never heard of) who will be buried in St. Bart’s.

Roy, have you been to Antarctica? The South America cruise is showing an 11 hour excursion that takes you on to Antarctica. It is pricey ($3500) but who knows if I will ever be there again and physically able to do it. It is also showing a ton of items to wear (not sure I could even walk if I had ALL of them on).

I have pink clouds on the right, very pale pink.

Scrapnana, yes, Johnny Hallyday had a huge funeral yesterday - it was on the BBC.

Don't know if Roy has answered you privately, but we have been on the Antarctic peninsula, and you do need a lot of stuff. For us, it was supplied by the expedition company. Will they not provide what you need?

Roy, have you been to Antarctica? The South America cruise is showing an 11 hour excursion that takes you on to Antarctica. It is pricey ($3500) but who knows if I will ever be there again and physically able to do it. It is also showing a ton of items to wear (not sure I could even walk if I had ALL of them on).

I was there on an expedition ship in 1997 as well as on the Crystal Symphony 2 years ago. My impression from comparing the 2 experiences is that you get close enough on the large ships that the the only thing you rally gain is the ability to say "I've set foot on Antarctica". I am hard pressed to recommend the tour. It's still an iffy proposition that gets cancelled quite frequently. As I recall, if the tour is called off before the plane leaves the gate you get your money back but even if it goes to the runway and stays on the ground you're out $3,500.

I would say if setting foot on Antarctica you really should consider an expedition ship or Seabourn which does do zodiac landings; otherwise save your money and look at it from the deck.

The biggest thing you will get close to is penguins but there are opportunities for plenty of that from Ushuaia and the Falklands.

Roy

I have pink clouds on the right, very pale pink.

Scrapnana, yes, Johnny Hallyday had a huge funeral yesterday - it was on the BBC.

Don't know if Roy has answered you privately, but we have been on the Antarctic peninsula, and you do need a lot of stuff. For us, it was supplied by the expedition company. Will they not provide what you need?

Evidently not since it is through HAL. Among other things, four pairs of socks seems like a lot for one day. I would have to buy new boots to be able to get my feet in them with four pairs of socks on!:eek:

Was Johnny Hallyday popular in the UK?

Just off Koningsdam this morning after a wonderful 11 day cruise. Staying overnight on Ft Lauderdale Beach and will be watching live. It is 65 and very nice here now.

Koningsdam impressed me. Especially the Lincoln Center and Billboard venues were the best.

Good to hear. We are going to do the 11-day, and then the 10-day. We're looking forward to it. Did you hear anything about the new restaurant?