BOGO 50% off sale -- is it a sales price?

AllisonJames

I was told onboard I would keep any credit if I changed a booking made onboard. However I am not sure when that concession came in. I did the onboard booking in December 2017, not had cause to test the rule and to be honest don’t expect to as the booking was at a great price.

Maybe you want to check up again Liz

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When I have booked in November 2017, I was told onboard that if I found a better price, under the price guarantee, I could apply for it and keep all my benefits of booking onboard.

Ivi

When I have booked in November 2017, I was told onboard that if I found a better price, under the price guarantee, I could apply for it and keep all my benefits of booking onboard.

Ivi

I was also told this but when my cruise reduced by £700+ my TA was told I forfeited this by getting the reduced price. Perhaps Bonnie could clarify if that is the correct information?

Did you manage to keep your OBC? We booked onboard last June for this coming June. I noticed the price dropped by £750 a few months later and asked my TA to ask Azamara to apply the new rate as best price promise only to be told we lost all our OBC. Doesn’t seem fair to me and certainly doesn’t encourage me to book ahead.

I’ve sent an email to Mr Twynam to ask for you.

You are welcome to do the same: rtwynam@azamara.com

I’ve just confirmed that these are the rules for the UK-market Best Price Guarantee:

• 1 Free price change up to 91 days prior to sailing on a confirmed booking created onboard
  • The change excludes a price reduction to our Guarantee rates and special travel agent rates
  • You will forfeit all promotions currently sitting on the booking, this also includes onboard promotions
  • Not applicable to bookings created from Open Passages
  • For the price change, the booking will be refreshed in the same category only. If you wish to change cabin category then an administration fee of £35pp will be charged.
  • You are required to pay an additional £125pp deposit (to total £250pp on the booking)
  • Standard booking conditions apply within 90 days prior to sailing
  • Applicable to new bookings created on or after 18th April 2017

I’ve just confirmed that these are the rules for the UK-market Best Price Guarantee:

• 1 Free price change up to 91 days prior to sailing on a confirmed booking created onboard
  • The change excludes a price reduction to our Guarantee rates and special travel agent rates
  • You will forfeit all promotions currently sitting on the booking, this also includes onboard promotions
  • For the price change, the booking will be refreshed in the same category only. If you wish to change cabin category then an administration fee of £35pp will be charged.
  • You are required to pay an additional £125pp deposit (to total £250pp on the booking)

Thank you for finding this out Bonnie. What are the conditions for the USA-market? Are they different?

Ivi

•  

Thank you for the clarification Bonnie, the conditions are thankfully as we originally thought, the t&c’s on the U.K. website were a little confusing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks Bonnie, doesn't really work for us then as we use Open Passages a lot or alternatively onboard promotions/LCV discounts. But I have bookmarked this for future reference

The rules for the UK best price guarantee are certainly not what we were quoted by the onboard sales lady when we booked on board in June 2017.

Nor me. I was told the booking would be exactly the same except I’d get the lower price applied if the price of the cruise dropped. Rather disappointing.

The rules for the UK best price guarantee are certainly not what we were quoted by the onboard sales lady when we booked on board in June 2017.

Nor us Pam. We were categorically told that if the price of our June 2018 B2B cruises dropped then we could rebook at the lesser price without losing any of our OBC.

I queried this twice with the LCV hostess and was firmly reassured that booking onboard at the "twosistersmeet#" event, as you did, meant that we could benefit from a future price drop with no penalty.

I feel very annoyed.

That’s crazy. Given how much OBC is given away during various promotions including the $200 onboard booking credit, to have to forfeit these if you take advantage of a price drop makes it pointless or at least marginal. I’ve never understood it to be like that. I’ve always been told you keep it. Also, when it talks of forfeiting onboard promotions does that include the LCV discount?

I recently upgraded cabin for a 2019 cruise because of a price drop for a higher category and was pleased to keep all the onboard booking benefits and receive an increased LCV discount amount. The experience of lizboyle however is really shoddy and certainly not how it’s been explained to me on the ship.

Phil

If I am promised something onboard in order to help persuade me to commit to a booking then I would expect the company to honour that promise. Where are these rules and if they apply why was a written copy not given at the time of booking? I strongly suspect that the U S price promise is very different.

So sorry to divert this thread for a moment but I have an "urgent" message for nordski and other Inspector Montalbano fans. If you are a fan then you will understand! 😄

Montalbano 22 - The Pyramid of Mud is out. Just started reading it and it's so good that I'm rationing myself to a chapter a day!

Sorry for the diversion.

Whoa! How did I miss this call to Action Stations!

Glad you created this diversion and have just downloaded my copy.

Curiously the "alerts" I had created failed when needed.

Thanks!