Showers vs Bathtubs - Latest Ships

drowelf

We had a Neptune Suite on the Eurodam this past Sept, and it had two showers in the same bathroom (literally right next to each other) - one in a tub we had to step into, and one that was a walk in. I actually preferred the shower in the tub because it was stronger, but definitely held on getting in and out!

Step in shower - https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ships/category-detail.php?ship=Eurodam&c=482

Bathtub shower - https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ships/category-detail.php?ship=Eurodam&c=482

• Like 1

Hubby likes bath but as already stated on the Pinnacle Class in the usual staterooms we book there are only showers.  He likes when we travel on the R, Vista and Signature so he gets a tub. I've encouraged him on Pinnacle class to just go to the spa for if he just needs a soak, go to the hot tubs.  Eventually, the tubs will go away.   

9 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

I fear you’re right, but I hope not. I love a good soak in a tub. 

Me too. Sadly my current apartment is shower only.  I am super excited to have a tub in my cabin. More hotels are starting to go shower only as well. 😢

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RuthC said:

It's not the the bathrooms are smaller in the insides, as compared to the outside cabins, it's that the shower/sink and tub/sink footprints are reversed. The insides put the sink and vanity where the tub goes in outside cabins, giving the vanity area a lot more storage. 

You're right -- as always, @RuthC!

I'm a generously sized woman, and have never found any of the HAL showers, on any of the classes of ships, to be too small for comfortable use. 

BTW, I'm really small so I didn't say that I found the R-class and S-class showers "uncomfortable", just that I like the luxury of the larger new showers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks - I’ve done very cabin on HAL but an interior.  

I don’t have the nerve (yet) even as a solo and prefer a tub if I can swing it (pretty tough now).

I love my insides!!!!  But then again I’m rarely in them!☺️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

One potential pitfall for those who prefer a tub and looking at Pinnacle Class.  There are some "Family Oceanview Cabins" on deck 1 that have a "tub" in one of 2 bathrooms but it's so small it's pretty close to useless.

https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/1021-nieuw-statendam/

Roy

I would love to question the designer who decided that a half bath is a tub and sink instead of a toilet and sink.  I have never seen a house where a half bath didn’t have a toilet.  What were they thinking?

• Like 8