drink package promotion

ravenjls

I am new to celebrity. I was wondering if the drink package promotion is usually offered for a balcony cabin? They are offering it right now and final payment is in a week. I would like to wait to see if the cabin price drops or if they offer 2 perks but I dont want to miss out on the drink package. I know there are no guarantees, but was wondering if they follow what NCL does and you almost always can get the drink promo.

Are you talking about a booking perk? If so whether or not they would offer the drink package or even reduce prices after final payment would depend on how much unfilled capacity there is. Doubtful that after final payment they would offer 2 perks.

We are booked on a cruise that days & has some categories available. They didn’t reduce prices until 58 days per-cruise, so over a month past final payment.

Celebrity does seem to have at least one promo available that offers the drink package (or other perk) if you book an oceanview cabin or better. The caveat to that is it cannot be a transatlantic as the beverage package isn't offered on those sailings ... at least to my knowledge.

Some agencies will throw in an additional perk or maybe even that and some onboard credit so look around.

If the sailing you are interested in is far from being sold out, you may be able to wait until after final payment to get better pricing. I haven't heard of Celebrity offering an extra perk after final payment, though. What they usually do instead is list the sailing on their 'exciting deals' in which there are usually no free perks. Again, you may be able to get that extra perk by perusing different online travel agencies, though. Many will not offer the perks along with any other discounts, such as senior, resident, stockholders, past pax, etc.

We recently got a smoking deal on a cruise we were interested in by waiting until after final payment and got three perks, Celebrity was offering two and the TA gave us one plus some additional OBC. We booked a guarantee oceanview and ended up in a Concierge Balcony ... for about half of what it would have cost us to book it months before final payment. So, it sometimes pays to wait. However, there is a risk involved that it could go up in price ... just depending on cabin availability. We were willing to take the chance as we are both retired and can be very flexible. The airfare lined up for us as well so on that one sailing, it really paid off for us to wait ... and to check out the offerings of different agencies.

I just got an email from Celebrity about discounts on excursions, internet , drink packages, etc. that says "Buy one- Get one 50% off for the Standard, Classic and Premium Beverage packages.

We have the Classic - I'm wondering if the discount would apply to upgrading.

I may call but I think I already know the answer.

Jan, I booked a cruise after final payment this summer, and they were offering perks, but only one perk for veranda cabins. I’ve not ever seen two perks for veranda cabins, only Aqua or Concierge. Celebrity was not offering deep discounts on my cruise and the cabin selection was quite limited. Good luck:)

I think there is an option where you can upgrade your perks from one to two perks for an additional fee per person.

Tried that.....didn't work...it was a wash!! Cost to add gratuities in as a second perk was within $6.00 (CDN) of the gratuity cost.

Doesn't matter which drink package you both choose...as long as you both do correct? I can pick the premium and my partner could pick the classic or standard with no issues?!

If I understand your questions correctly, assuming both have the classic package, it is OK for only one of you to upgrade. That said the rules would apply that only the owner of the upgraded package should benefit from the upgraded package.

When I was on X last year, we upgraded one in Cellar Masters and one with out Sommelier in the dining room.

Doesn't matter which drink package you both choose...as long as you both do correct? I can pick the premium and my partner could pick the classic or standard with no issues?!

If you are asking about choosing the beverage package as a perk with booking, both of you will receive the Classic Package. You cannot choose a package. You can, of course, pay to upgrade to the Premium Package, and you do not both need to upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am curious about that one....we cruise in 31 days and I haven't seen an offer or special yet. I would be all over the bogo 50% off deal.....I checked my planner and nothing there either

Call Celebrity and ask!!!!

If you wait to see it online the sale may very well be over before you see it. (It's only until Monday)

BTW -it does NOT apply to upgrades.

I had my TA call "Just talked toCelebrity. The promo is for the outright purchase of a drink package.

It does not applyto guests that already have the drink package.

To upgrade to the premiumpackage would be $166.14 can. pp"

I am curious about that one....we cruise in 31 days and I haven't seen an offer or special yet. I would be all over the bogo 50% off deal.....I checked my planner and nothing there either

I just logged into my cruise planner for my upcoming Barrier Reef cruise (3-31) and they have a bogo 50% off on the premium booze package.