The two different Canada/ New England cruises are back. Attn. Ruth C.

geocruiser

What a great itinerary. The dates don’t work for us, but for years I have been saying that HAL should offer a round trip to Iceland and Greenland from the US.

We have been there but it was on one leg of the VOV.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Jade, Boston to Boston, Greenland and Iceland,,,,,,, sounds good. ;)

I sure know that feeling. But there are cruises I still want to take, and am hopeful that I will be able to do at least some of them. So, my solution is to grab the cruises, and the cabins, I want when I see them, and know I have until final payment to cancel.

And I purchase insurance in case something happens after final payment.

I'm not going to give up things I really want just "in case" something goes wrong. When it does, I deal with it then.

I totally agree. Since these particular cruises are on smaller ships, there is a greater chance that the cabin category that one wants is gone by the time one figures out that they are fit to go.

I totally agree. Since these particular cruises are on smaller ships, there is a greater chance that the cabin category that one wants is gone by the time one figures out that they are fit to go.

Ruth C: " I sure know that feeling. But there are cruises I still want to take, and am hopeful that I will be able to do at least some of them. So, my solution is to grab the cruises, and the cabins, I want when I see them, and know I have until final payment to cancel.

I'm not going to give up things I really want just "in case" something goes wrong. When it does, I deal with it then.

'Really waant are the key words in this message, iMO> If one really , wants it, then it has huge value. If it just sounds good, is appealing, it is at a different level,

Edited by sail7seas

I sure know that feeling. But there are cruises I still want to take, and am hopeful that I will be able to do at least some of them. So, my solution is to grab the cruises, and the cabins, I want when I see them, and know I have until final payment to cancel.

Good advice, I feel exactly the same way. My latest booking is almost 2 years out, and we booked the VOV over a year out.

Thank you for that admonishment and the great advice. We wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and healthy New Year - and Great Cruising - hope to some day meet you.

Good advice, I feel exactly the same way. My latest booking is almost 2 years out, and we booked the VOV over a year out.

We put a deposit on cruise four years in advance of Millenium, New Years b - to b cruises. We took those cruise s and loved them.

That was then, this is now. :(

We put a deposit on VOV over a year in advance. We chose to cancel and did not go. HAL wanted our suite b ack and after a number of offers, when the offers kept getting better, we finally agreed to 'give it up. :D

Same here. We now have 2 cruises booked for 2019.

For anyone booking either of these cruises, please note that SNAP fares (with a NON refundable deposit) are offered. For my category (OV), there was little difference in fare between SNAP and Advantage fares (about $125/person). The Advantage fare is refundable until final payment date (and one can re-fare should there be a promotion or price drop).

I just wanted to post this info so that none of you inadvertently book with a non refundable deposit.

For anyone booking either of these cruises, please note that SNAP fares (with a NON refundable deposit) are offered. For my category (OV), there was little difference in fare between SNAP and Advantage fares (about $125/person). The Advantage fare is refundable until final payment date (and one can re-fare should there be a promotion or price drop).

I just wanted to post this info so that none of you inadvertently book with a non refundable deposit.

Very helpful post, thank you.

What a great thread. Thank you for sharing this itinerary.

I am in the same boat as Ruth, we have two already booked for 2019!

Does anyone know how the seas are usually in these areas? I am afraid my sometimes shaky sealegs at times limits my desires.

Sail, I was fascinated to read that HAL made offers for you to give up your suite. We had that happen once on Princess but we’re not able to take advantage of the great offer as we were already in Europe. Just wasn’t aware that HAL does it as well.

Good idea and attitude Ms Ruth....I agree. We all don't have a crystal ball as far as our health is concerned, but we go for it, get insurance, and hope/pray for the best. We usually book 1 year out. So far....it's worked out okay.

Wow, never mind. I just looked at that Iceland cruise coupled with Canada/New England. A DREAM cruise, for sure. Then I looked at the length.....too long for us. Then I looked at the price and almost fell over. Not unless we hit Mega Millions or Powerball this weekend. I don't think it will be in the cards for us. But it will be for some lucky people!! Go for it if you can, it sure looks like a wonderful cruise!