Booking next cruise while on ship

Rebels82

IMO, no; just $100 shipboard credit for use on current cruise.

That is not correct. You get an onboard discount which is clearly listed on your invoice which ranges from 3 to 4%. Plus you get a best price guarantee. Plus the $100 OBC (which you will be required to pay back if you cancel your cruise). Also generally a lower down payment. The booking is fully assignable to your TA so you get what ever benefits you would get from them.

If you do not know what cruise -- just get a future cruise credit for the standard down payment (you do not get the $100 OBC). But you do get the onboard discount of 3 to 4% when you do book. This is usable within two years and is fully refundable if you change your minds.

Miss anything??

Spot on Paul. Best way to book

But you Do get the 100 obc for the future cruise credit. On marina now

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

True. We booked a future cruise credit on our cruise in August because we did not know what we wanted to book at the time and we did get $100 OBC on the cruise we were on.

Once we book something we'll have our TA take over the booking so we will get additional perks and discounts.

That is not correct. You get an onboard discount which is clearly listed on your invoice which ranges from 3 to 4%. Plus you get a best price guarantee. Plus the $100 OBC (which you will be required to pay back if you cancel your cruise). Also generally a lower down payment. The booking is fully assignable to your TA so you get what ever benefits you would get from them.

If you do not know what cruise -- just get a future cruise credit for the standard down payment (you do not get the $100 OBC). But you do get the onboard discount of 3 to 4% when you do book. This is usable within two years and is fully refundable if you change your minds.

Miss anything??

That's what we thought too - so tried the Future Cruise Deposit Certificate path last time. We did receive a $100 OBC on that/current cruise and paid a little more for the FCDC than we would have for another reservation (which we were perfectly happy with) believing that we would receive the usual 3-4% "on board booking" discount.

Probably an Oceania Australia thing - but it didn't quite work out that way for us. We booked a 35 day cruise and tried to apply the FCDC to it for the discount. Oceania accepted it for the deposit OK but gave us no discount. Our TA (and me) had many emails/phone calls trying to get the discount. I understand the issue got to Miami a couple of times, and finally after about 6 weeks we received a discount of $125AUD (about $100USD) pp which was less than 1%.

Edited by HilsTas
typo

We just used our FCDC. Got the onboard $100 OBC, plus we got an additional discount from the cruise list price, about 3%.

All worked well. Our TA initially had a little problem due to an inexperienced O rep filling in for the vacationing regional manager.

I forgot about the reduced deposit, so Paul is correct. But we never have received a 3-4% discount for the future cruise we booked.

Perhaps that is because we only have booked a couple of Caribbean cruises onboard and never one of our European cruises??

Get a new ta. You should receive the discount

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

the booking on board discount referenced above as 3-4% has nothing to do with a TA. it is a lower price one gets if they book on board.

I suspect CintiPam did not get a discount because only selected sailings are on discount as per the multitude of promo sheets distributed daily. was simpler in the olden days with no $100 OBC that they will deduct from the deposit refund if you cancel (fair enough), no 'only these on deal' and just a straight % off any cruise (plus a couple of very good deals on soon to sail cruises needing last minute bookings.

If you have future cruises already booked with O as we have and the price is cheaper if you book them onboard, can you "rebook" them to get the discounts or do the discounts only apply to new bookings?

You don't really rebook them, you just get the onboard discount applied. BUT, there has to be availability in the category that you booked.

You don't really rebook them, you just get the onboard discount applied. BUT, there has to be availability in the category that you booked.

Thanks ORV. So if the category on any future cruises we're booked on has a "Wait List" status rather than "Available", then it's a no go I take it. That makes sense and we can work with that.

I suspect CintiPam did not get a discount because only selected sailings are on discount as per the multitude of promo sheets distributed daily. was simpler in the olden days with no $100 OBC that they will deduct from the deposit refund if you cancel (fair enough), no 'only these on deal' and just a straight % off any cruise (plus a couple of very good deals on soon to sail cruises needing last minute bookings.

That sounds right; we seem never to book that cruise selected for discount. But all (except that awful shortened noro one almost two years ago) have been excellent.

That sounds right; we seem never to book that cruise selected for discount. But all (except that awful shortened noro one almost two years ago) have been excellent.
Sounds like you are choosing popular sailings which I suppose is better than a discount on one that is not selling (unless it appeals to you of course). Every cruise has to appeal to someone but many things gave to align to make the sale/sail.

I can't even imagine the discount on that noro cruise had it been predicted :). Sorry you had to suffer through that. We've fortunately been spared so far (sound of knocking on wood can be faintly heard)