Do you give your kids allowance while on the ship.

sweets2323

The 4 year old will not be anywhere alone, so he/she won't really need 'charging privileges"...you will be there to purchase anything you want the child to have. The others....you can certainly tell them how much they're allowed to spend daily (or weekly...however you want them to budget)..they are old enough to understand the concept of limits!

After two days on our first cruise I discovered the ability to limit spending for my son. In 2 days he’d spent nearly $60 in the arcade. He was 12. Every cruise since then, I’ve set a weekly spending limit and when it’s reached he’s cut off.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

After two days on our first cruise I discovered the ability to limit spending for my son. In 2 days he’d spent nearly $60 in the arcade. He was 12. Every cruise since then, I’ve set a weekly spending limit and when it’s reached he’s cut off.

Do they all have their own individual accounts?

Did you add money daily or he kept his own tabs of his daily spending?

We never have. Our son is 14 and he's never had an allowance. And he's never charged anything either. He knew he had the ability to, but just didn't do it without asking first. And there wasn't anything he needed to buy anyway, so it was just not needed. I think he may have used his S&S card in the gift shop maybe once, when we were there, or the candy shop, but he was with one of us and we just used his card instead of one of ours.

I tell my kids how much total they can spend, if they go over, they’ll have to pay it back plus a punishment. They’ve never gone over, or even reached the limit (about $30 or so). Y youngest are now 14, we’ve been cruising for 10 years.

$30 a day?

The 4 year old will not be anywhere alone, so he/she won't really need 'charging privileges"...you will be there to purchase anything you want the child to have. The others....you can certainly tell them how much they're allowed to spend daily (or weekly...however you want them to budget)..they are old enough to understand the concept of limits!

4 year old??? :confused:

$30 a day?

I honestly don't know what a kid could spend $30/day on!? I know some kids play in the arcade. Mine would rather skip paying for that and they hang in the Circle C and play the video games there. We always get him the Bottomless Bubbles package too, so he can get unlimited sodas & juices. Again, he may have asked to get some sweets at the candy store once, but that was about it.

I honestly don't know what a kid could spend $30/day on!? I know some kids play in the arcade. Mine would rather skip paying for that and they hang in the Circle C and play the video games there. We always get him the Bottomless Bubbles package too, so he can get unlimited sodas & juices. Again, he may have asked to get some sweets at the candy store once, but that was about it.

I thought $30 was a lot. So the circle C has free games? I’ll add that to my list. I’m also getting the bottomsless bubbles

I’ve always told my boys they have $100 each to spend onboard. We do buy bottomless bubbles also. They play in the arcade, but candy etc. They also like to get virgin pina coladas or dessert/ice cream from the coffee shop. Maybe some souvenir but not usually. Some cruises they use it all others they don’t. They know if they go over they owe me the $.

I tell my kids how much total they can spend, if they go over, they’ll have to pay it back plus a punishment. They’ve never gone over, or even reached the limit (about $30 or so). Y youngest are now 14, we’ve been cruising for 10 years.

Is that per day or per cruise?

EDIT: just saw your other post. It's per cruise.

I thought $30 was a lot. So the circle C has free games? I’ll add that to my list. I’m also getting the bottomsless bubbles

Yep! They have Xbox & Playstation video games, plus other actual games. My son would rather play those with friends though, so that's why he doesn't need to play the Arcade ones.

My oldest (13) has never used her card to pay for anything on board, she has the soda package and will get an opportunity to pick out souvenirs that we will pay for. When she's older I imagine she will want more independence in that regard, but she'll also have her own money by then too.

With us, they save up, turn it in to us, and we buy that amount in OBC plus give out back to them in US dollars for port shopping (essentially we match their savings - we like to encourage saving for something rather than spending it add soon as they get it). Any of that amount they don't spend is theirs to keep. We then put the limit on the card to cit them off. We do buy then the soda package.

Mine are 16 and 13 now.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Forums mobile app