Carnival breeze first time cruiser

Redeemed92412

Do all cruise ships smell like poop?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do all cruise ships smell like poop?

• Does every ship smell like poop
    • Should we try another cruise line

:(Our very first cruise and we left out of Galveston on Christmas Eve and every single day and night our room smelled like feces! We were on deck nine in the very middle of the Ship! Or tv remote did not work for 4 days and the smell of poop was horrible! Guest services gave us a free 45$ meal because of the remote but is a cruise ship supposed to smell like poop in your cabin? Also, do not swim with the dolphins in Jamaica! You ride a bus for 4 hours out of the whole day and swim 30 minutes and it’s not explained this way! We stayed on the bus nearly the whole day! Overall thank god the workers were very nice because the cruise ship stunk and we couldn’t change our channel on our tv at all!

So sorry to hear about your experience. The Breeze is my favorite ship. I would probably be dragging guest services to my cabin if I was paying to sleep, bathe, store my belongings in a cabin that smelled like an outhouse. We had a similar experience on the Inspiration but it was a leaky shower that was causing the carpet in the cabin to be musty. The carpet around the bathroom wall always got wet when we showered and it was obvious that it had not started with us. While not the poop smell, it did cause enough discomfort that it detracted from our overall experience. They did come and work on it but it was obviously an ongoing issue in that cabin. Would be nice if they could figure out the sewer smell problem as you were probably not the first person to have that issue.

I've cruised on the Breeze and it definitely did not smell like poop. It must have been only your cabin. That's not acceptable at all. I would have definitely requested that someone come to the room to determine the issue. I can roll with a lot, but the constant smell of poop in a cabin is not one of them. It isn't the ship though, so it's not necessary to try another line unless you want to experience a different type of cruise.

I have smelled a sewer smell on a few ships but it seemed to come and go and wasn't always in the same area of the ship. I think it is a problem that is not unusual on ships. Only once was it in our cabin and it wasn't there the entire cruise, only on a couple of days. I would have been really unhappy if it had been in our cabin the whole week. I have heard that it helps to keep your toilet lid closed and also sometimes maintenance can try cleaning out the floor drains in the bathroom. I don't know if those things really work, I've just read it here on CC.

On our last cruise on the Paradise, we woke up in the middle of the night with a horrible sewer smell in our cabin. We suffered it out until morning hoping it would go away. When we got up, it was still there. We contacted Guest Services and they put an ozone machine in the cabin. We stayed out of the cabin the rest of the day because it was a sea day and we stayed by the pool.

After dinner, an officer and a maintenance man came in and checked the cabin. It was then smell free so they took the machine out. Never had another problem after that. They had no idea of why it smelled like it did.

I was on the Breeze in early December and have no idea of what the OP is talking?spoofing? about. Wasn't my experience at all. The Dream and Vista classes are becoming my favorite Carnival ships.

Yeah we have sailed Dream class 3x and absolutely NEVER experienced or even heard of anything like that. LOVE Breeze especially, it is my/our favorite ship hands down.

I was on the Breeze in early December and have no idea of what the OP is talking?spoofing? about. Wasn't my experience at all. The Dream and Vista classes are becoming my favorite Carnival ships.

The OP is just voicing his experience on his ship, one that has been echoed by MANY Carnival cruisers. I have not sailed with Carnival for several years—since 2007—-but was planning to book on the Breeze for 2019. This only makes me very hesitant to book this ship. I was hoping because it was Dream class that it would not be plagued with that sewer smell that is prevalent on their older ships. I sail the NCL Getaway in 6 days, and was planning to book the Breeze once I came home. Someone PLEASE reassure me! I need to book with Carnival to use up my reward points, then I won’t book with them again if their product is deteriorating so much.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The OP is just voicing his experience on his ship, one that has been echoed by MANY Carnival cruisers. I have not sailed with Carnival for several years—since 2007—-but was planning to book on the Breeze for 2019. This only makes me very hesitant to book this ship. I was hoping because it was Dream class that it would not be plagued with that sewer smell that is prevalent on their older ships. I sail the NCL Getaway in 6 days, and was planning to book the Breeze once I came home. Someone PLEASE reassure me! I need to book with Carnival to use up my reward points, then I won’t book with them again if their product is deteriorating so much.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Grandma- I've sailed 8 times on Carnival, and I can honestly say I've never experienced any smells in the cabin that we weren't responsible for (LOL!)... I've sailed on Magic and Breeze and never noticed a smell in the hallways either. I'm not denying that others have, just that I have not... I would not hesitate to book any Carnival ship due to this.

I have read that some people had issues with smells in their cabins that went away when water was poured in the floor drain outside the shower- the trap below was allowing sewer smells to come into the cabin that way and the water being added blocked it so the issue went away.

I have to agree with other posters though- if this was a perpetual problem like the OP said, I'd have been dragging someone's sorry butt into my cabin to fix the problem!!!