Painting

MTGal

You did not mention what type of paint of if you will be flying to/from the cruise, but TSA may not like paints in either checked luggage or carryon.

From the TSA:

Some artist paints such as alkyl gels, polyurethanes, and varnishes can be flammable (flashpoint at or below 140° F / 60° C). Flammable paint products may not be carried in carry-on or checked baggage.

Paint thinners, turpentine, and brush cleaners are flammable liquids and may not be carried in carry-on or checked baggage.

Aerosols paint products use a flammable propellant and may not be carried in carry-on or checked baggage.

*Liquids, pastes, and gels in carry-on baggage are further limited to 100-ml (3.4 oz) containers at the TSA security checkpoint.

We will be going to Alaska this May and my husband would love to bring his small art easel and paint scenery while on deck. Has anyone ever seen this done before or know if it is allowed?

Should be some wonderful paintings with that breathtaking scenery!

If he's not keen to change paint type, we do have plenty of excellent art supply stores here in Vancouver... As long as the cruiseline doesn't object to flammable paints, thinners etc. (I'd check this directly with them) he could bring his own brushes/easel and then pick up the remaining supplies before boarding.

If he's not keen to change paint type, we do have plenty of excellent art supply stores here in Vancouver... As long as the cruiseline doesn't object to flammable paints, thinners etc. (I'd check this directly with them) he could bring his own brushes/easel and then pick up the remaining supplies before boarding.

Good idea ... I will contact Princess. Thanks!