The Not to Late Cruise Review of the Eurodam, 11/19-12/3/17

RedneckBob

I will never pre book dinners again!

I spent more time with the Front Office and still don’t feel satisfied with the outcome. As the previous poster said' date=' $7.50, $12.50 etc were appearing in the columns, but never the full amount per person.

The excuses were always the managers, the night auditor etc.

From now on, we’ll take our chances with reservations once we are onboard. It was not worth the frustration![/quote']

Are you related to me ? Were you standing next to me at the Front Desk ? I had exact same excuses; it's the night auditors fault, there was a full moon out last night. This never happens if the ship is sailing east to west, etc. and on and on and on. Though my proper credit was reconciled through HAL in Seattle 4 weeks ago the credit has yet to appeared on my credit card.

There maybe some good news in the future. I wrote another letter suggesting to HAL how to solve these problems and I got a reply from HAL that it is currently be developed. It appears that when you pre-book the Specialty Restaurants and are entitled to a discount or free PG dinner you will not have to prepay or only prepay the discounted charge !

Enjoyed your review.

As 5 star Mariners and booking all dinners for the Pinnacle Grill and the Tamarind on ships that have this specialty restaurant, we have had plenty of problems getting our discounts back in the form of shipboard credit once on the cruise.

HAL needs to give our discounts to us when we book the specialty restaurants right away. It isn't hard to set up a program to do that.

There maybe some good news in the future. I wrote another letter suggesting to HAL how to solve these problems and I got a reply from HAL that it is currently be developed. It appears that when you pre-book the Specialty Restaurants and are entitled to a discount or free PG dinner you will not have to prepay or only prepay the discounted charge !

Good news and none too soon! We had the same excuses on the Koningsdam a year ago -- always the night auditor's fault. :rolleyes: Thankfully have never had that problem on other ships.

Thank you again, I enjoyed your review!

About my post on dining' date=' just to be clear, only the

Pinnacle Grill dinners were complimentary, but by prebooking, we were charged the full price. That was the issue.:(. However, there is always a problem at the Front Office with having the charges for the PG removed.[/quote']

Appreciate knowing we aren't the only ones with the surreal accounting number. "Night auditor" seems to be the excuse of choice.

The problems appreas to be: HAL splits the 5 star rewards into pieces, perhaps some of the cost of the complimentary dinners is Mariner cost, some the ship's cost. Our charges and credits for every meal are never accounted for straight (eg Pinnacle lunch should be: charge $10.00 , credit $5.00, but it was never accounted for this way, ever!).

Unlike others on this thread, we did not and do not pre-book. Would not be able to endure the hassle I read about on this board in getting the credit applied on the ship. Enough just to get the charges figured out!

Me too, will never pre book Specialty Restaurants again. We never do 7 day cruises and had heard that these restaurants book up quickly prior to cruise; so we pre booked. Man, was I surprised when we dined at each place the restaurants were half full and at the Sel de Mer you could here people whisper it was so empty

Me too, will never pre book Specialty Restaurants again. We never do 7 day cruises and had heard that these restaurants book up quickly prior to cruise; so we pre booked. Man, was I surprised when we dined at each place the restaurants were half full and at the Sel de Mer you could here people whisper it was so empty

We get problems every cruise with the accounting of 4/5 star benefits, our second last cruise being the first in a decade where the bottom line on the last day of the cruise was correct (although the accounting was from outer space, it all added up right - amazing) and we NEVER pre-book anything.

We were told in 2011 by a HD that HAL was "working on" setting up the computer system so pax could pre-pay only what they would owe after the Star rewards were accounted for.

Hope to see this soon. This might make the accounting system work for us, as well!

In doing 7 day back-to-backs we sometimes do see a lot of pax in the specialty restaurants. Agree that on longer cruises, you often see half full, if that.

We get problems every cruise with the accounting of 4/5 star benefits, our second last cruise being the first in a decade where the bottom line on the last day of the cruise was correct (although the accounting was from outer space, it all added up right - amazing) and we NEVER pre-book anything.

We were told in 2011 by a HD that HAL was "working on" setting up the computer system so pax could pre-pay only what they would owe after the Star rewards were accounted for.

Hope to see this soon. This might make the accounting system work for us, as well!

In doing 7 day back-to-backs we sometimes do see a lot of pax in the specialty restaurants. Agree that on longer cruises, you often see half full, if that.

Maybe you miss undertook me but I was surprised on the 7 day cruise that restaurants were only half full.

Thanks for all y'all responses.

RedneckBob is fixing to go on a cruise to Hawaii on one of those other cruise lines. Look for my cruise review in a few weeks on the Princess CC thread.

Thanks again.

RNB

Maybe you could post on this HAL board a link which would serve as a reminder?

Have a great time. Hope you get good weather and no alerts!