Interior cabin with a scooter, where do you park?

PekingeseLady

My husband uses a scooter but does not need a handicap room. We are going on our first inside cabin, my question is should I have to bed be twins so it fits between the beds. Or will it fit in front of the desk at the beds feet or in the closet area if I keep bed a queen? It is the smaller GO GO travel 3 wheeler and we take the arms off when cruising.

Where do you park your scooter in a inside cabin?

Thanks in advance.

We’ve seen many of them parked in the hallway outside the cabin. Most seem to try to leave them on one of the wide 90 degree turns in the hall or some leave them directly in their doorway as far out of the hall as possible.

I have seen this too, but that is not supposed to be allowed as it is a safety issue. We always get it in the room, just princess seems to have small insides. So curious what others have done.:p:D

Based on the pic I just looked up, I believe this will fit in the closet area.

For me personally, I prefer the setup of an inside room as twins. I just find the room feels bigger and it's easier to move around. If you do that then you have multiple choices on where to park the scooter at night.

My husband uses a scooter but does not need a handicap room. We are going on our first inside cabin, my question is should I have to bed be twins so it fits between the beds. Or will it fit in front of the desk at the beds feet or in the closet area if I keep bed a queen? It is the smaller GO GO travel 3 wheeler and we take the arms off when cruising.

Where do you park your scooter in a inside cabin?

Thanks in advance.

This is a quote from the Princess website FAQ's---

Guests utilizing mobility devices with batteries are advised that the batteries must be a dry cell type, and must be stored and recharged in the stateroom. Mobility devices of any kind, like any other items, may not be left outside the stateroom.

If you didn't want to have the beds in the twin formation, you should have plenty of room to park the scooter in the closet area... especially since it sounds like maybe your husband could manage a couple of steps within/around the cabin itself. If that's not the case, then the twin formation is probably best and then move the small round table and the vanity/desk chair into the closet space.

Happy travels!

Guests utilizing mobility devices with batteries are advised that the batteries must be a dry cell type, and must be stored and recharged in the stateroom. Mobility devices of any kind, like any other items, may not be left outside the stateroom.

Guess they didn’t get that memo on the Star Princess. There were scooters all over the place: in hallways, elevators areas, etc. On Caribe deck forward, there was a scooter parked in the hallway with a large wheelchair parked directly across the way for most of the cruise. Even able-bodied people could barely pass much less anyone with a cane or walker. 370359439b06e510c56c6e49e8ef4a4b.jpg

OK everyone I have no intention of leaving on the hallway, hence me looking here for others who have actually cruised with a scooter in a inside cabin.

I have looked at pictures too, looks like it would fit in closet area, but worried about getting into bathroom at night. Yes I've seen pics with table moved into the closet too. I currently have it as a twin. TY all for responding.

TY for the pics Pam, we do this during the day or for a quick stop by the room when We're heading right back out. Need pictures of a scooter in a room 🤣

Guess they didn’t get that memo on the Star Princess. There were scooters all over the place: in hallways, elevators areas, etc. On Caribe deck forward, there was a scooter parked in the hallway with a large wheelchair parked directly across the way for most of the cruise. Even able-bodied people could barely pass much less anyone with a cane or walker. 370359439b06e510c56c6e49e8ef4a4b.jpg

I wish those people who put their room service trays of dirty dishes and uneaten food on the floor in the hallway would have the courtesy to obey this rule. That is especially inconvenient for those using mobility scooters, wheel chairs, or walkers.

Guess they didn’t get that memo on the Star Princess. There were scooters all over the place: in hallways, elevators areas, etc. On Caribe deck forward, there was a scooter parked in the hallway with a large wheelchair parked directly across the way for most of the cruise. Even able-bodied people could barely pass much less anyone with a cane or walker.

You know, after many cruises on Princess, I never realized they fit in the cabin as I have always seen array of scooters parked in the hallway outside of the cabins. I just thought that's where people were told to put them. Glad to know that isn't really the accepted standard. A mix of scooters, wheelchairs and room service food trays left in the hallway make for a treacherous passing sometimes ... especially when the room steward's carts are also parked in the hallway. :confused:

Princess most definitely will deal with pax who park their mobility devices other than in their cabin. When we have reported the offenders to Guest Services, Princess has called those cabins and/or sent a Deck Manager to rectify the problem immediately. Princess takes this issue very seriously ... all it takes is a call to let them know there is a safety issue on deck whatever, outside cabin whatever. We all need to let them know when we witness this ... for the safety of everyone onboard.

I have not seen a scooter in the actual cabin hallway as that would generally be an obstruction. Then again, I have not been in all hallways on all ships all the time. I have seen scooters plugged in the elevator and stair lobbies, which is what Pam's photos indicate. This has been on occasion and they appear to being charged. IMO, there are some "out of the way" places in some elevator lobbies where they don't obstruct. I don't own nor use one and am aware of the policy. Perhaps there are some exceptions made - results may vary. I would say if anyone intends to do this, I would make doubly sure the location is out of the way of people movement, including wheelchairs and other scooters.

You say he does not need a handicapped room but he uses a scouter.:rolleyes:

Correct. He can walk just not long distances or stand for to long. But he doesn't need all the special amenities that other handicapped folks need. Don't want to deprive anyone on a HC room.

All the talk of parking in the hall is off topic of my post. I am looking for pics or advice on where others have put their scooters in their inside cabin.:rolleyes:

Correct. He can walk just not long distances or stand for to long. But he doesn't need all the special amenities that other handicapped folks need. Don't want to deprive anyone on a HC room.

All the talk of parking in the hall is off topic of my post. I am looking for pics or advice on where others have put their scooters in their inside cabin.:rolleyes:

I put my Travelscoot in the closet in an interior cabin. One wheel stuck out a bit but I just made sure to be careful when walking to the bathroom. So much easier than fighting with it around the bed or desk area.

ae20604451e81e96a2a3e1cd26b45f81.jpgThis is a photo of my closet in an obstructed oceanview on the Star Princess. Emerald and Ruby Princess should be similar, even an inside, as the cabins are pretty standard. Only exception would be if you had a “sideways” cabin. You can barely see the bathroom door (just the hinge on the bottom left.) A scooter would fit without obstructing the bathroom.

On a cruise earlier this year on Emerald Princess, the gentleman concerned had a rather large scooter but he could walk small distances by himself. He had spoken to his cabin steward and he parked his scooter in one of the linen rooms close to his cabin.

ae20604451e81e96a2a3e1cd26b45f81.jpgThis is a photo of my closet in an obstructed oceanview on the Star Princess. Emerald and Ruby Princess should be similar, even an inside, as the cabins are pretty standard. Only exception would be if you had a “sideways” cabin. You can barely see the bathroom door (just the hinge on the bottom left.) A scooter would fit without obstructing the bathroom.

As stated above, don't own nor use one yet (knock on wood), but assuming park here, where do you plug in for re-charging? Maybe that's why sometimes one is parked and plugged in at elevator lobby? Or you need a very long extension cord to reach out of the closet, around the desk to a plug.