Cruise Snacks

I know this question has probably been asked a million times and I should know since we have been on Royal a bunch in the last 7 years. But we leave tomorrow to head to FLL and don't have much time to hunt the answer so here goes. My parents would like to bring pringles or pretzels etc...food is everywhere but not really much in the way of simple snacks. Is it an issue to bring these items on board?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I know this question has probably been asked a million times and I should know since we have been on Royal a bunch in the last 7 years. But we leave tomorrow to head to FLL and don't have much time to hunt the answer so here goes. My parents would like to bring pringles or pretzels etc...food is everywhere but not really much in the way of simple snacks. Is it an issue to bring these items on board?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I bring pretzels, chips, mixed nuts, Wheat Thins, etc all the time. And NOT prepackaged. I put them in a zip lock bag and bring them on the ship. In 100 cruises have never had a issue.

I used to carry snacks and I would end up either leaving them or taking them to the airport to eat. They have mixed nuts at the bars and while the price is higher, if you want pringles or a few of the other snacks you can get them in the ships shops.

As many have said, there is no issue bringing food onto the ship.

What hasn't been mentioned is getting food off the ship. Processed foods like the ones mentioned by the OP shouldn't cause any problems. Each country has their own laws about importing foodstuffs. In general, it must be in factory sealed commercial packaging, and in a lot of places meats, fresh fruits, dairy, vegetables, plants, and seeds are not allowed period.

The easy method: Bring it on and eat it all :)

If you don't, just be sure to declare it on your customs form. If it's a problem, they'll trash it, but that's it. Fail to declare, and have the dog sit next to your bag, and you'll find yourself paying a fine (even if it's an allowed food).

Don't look for healthy snack items in the evenings. Just not going to happen. Bring a few empty storage containers and put salad, veggies, etc. in to have in the evenings. Can be kept till needed in the cooler in your cabin.

It is absolutely no problem to bring some snacks on board. I always pack some little things that we prefer to eat, especially for the time you spent on the beach or in the citys you visit while cruising. But I have to agree with some people here, it is not necessary because there is delicious food available on board all the time, so there is no need to to that.