diamond perk?

help04me

quick question i have 3 cruises booked this year . One in april one in july and the presidential cruise on sept 29th. After the july cruise i will finally be diamond . Will RCCLl entertain extending the addition 100 discount for my sept 29 balcony for my new status or will they subject me to repricing. I ask for 2 reasons the first i trust this site considerably more than anything rccl might suggest and two i am look at a bermuda cruise at a price i deem fair and would like the larger discount . I figured someone on this site has likely experienced this .Thanks for any input

quick question i have 3 cruises booked this year . One in april one in july and the presidential cruise on sept 29th. After the july cruise i will finally be diamond . Will RCCLl entertain extending the addition 100 discount for my sept 29 balcony for my new status or will they subject me to repricing. I ask for 2 reasons the first i trust this site considerably more than anything rccl might suggest and two i am look at a bermuda cruise at a price i deem fair and would like the larger discount . I figured someone on this site has likely experienced this .Thanks for any input

If you were booking the July cruise on board, then you might have a chance to get the D balcony discount. However, if you ask them to add the D balcony discount to an existing cruise, it will likely be repriced.

thanks for the replies . I think i will wait till my points for my july cruise shows up before i book the anthem balcony and gamble that 11 month should be far enough out to avoid any large price increases .

Book a refundable rate now. If it goes up then you got the better price, if it goes down by the time you become Diamond then cancel and rebook. No need to gamble,

Same thought here Bill.
i understand your curiosity i booked the sept cruise the very day it came out before it was a presidential cruise. i also book the corner balcony 8329 with the aqua theater view with several perks going with the boardwalk balcony . i rarely afford myself but was 2154 out of pocket . i would have gotten a soda package anyways so 160 ish off that price and my t/a gave me 150 obc . so all and all a great deal for a normally frugal cruiser

Just curious but what is so appealing that people pay the inflated price to go? :confused:

I've never done one, are the prices any better when they first come out? I always seem to benefit from those that go and write reviews when they get back. Seems like they get better answers to some of the questions we ask the other 51 weeks of the year.

I didn't find the cost to be inflated and we didn't book early.

Agreed. When we booked, we were in search of a particular room, and I didn’t know anything about the previous President’s Cruises. We booked in Oct 2017, so I don’t think that would be considered “early” and the room we wanted was at a better rate than other weeks around it. We serendipitously ended up on the President’s Cruise and were excited to learn that it’s a special week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed. When we booked, we were in search of a particular room, and I didn’t know anything about the previous President’s Cruises. We booked in Oct 2017, so I don’t think that would be considered “early” and the room we wanted was at a better rate than other weeks around it. We serendipitously ended up on the President’s Cruise and were excited to learn that it’s a special week.

We booked aboard Majesty in late August. So around 5 months after they released. Deck 7 forward hump balcony.

$2,380 including tips and $225 OBC.

Seems like a fair price to me.

Biggest downside will be the astronomical number of C&A members onboard.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Biggest downside will be the astronomical number of C&A members onboard.

Yes, we have a few in our group who will be Diamond for the first time on that cruise, so it will be interesting to see how their experience differs from the norm. But, we also have a star class suite on that one, so they will probably be too busy absorbing the star privileges to notice. I worry it’s going to be tough to go back to our regular balconies and JS rooms after this one.

OK, I can see how it would appeal to some people. It has the opposite affect for me mainly due to the sheer number of upper level C&A members. I prefer a cruise with a more normal proportion so I have at least some chance to enjoy the amenities.

But it sounds exciting for all of you. Have a tremendous cruise. :D

I would think RCCL would open more spots for C&A members as they can tell now how many of us are coming.

Not sure I understand 'open more spots'

If you mean more venues, I'm sure they will. I'll bet the Diamond and up crowd will be close to 3,000. 😱 Not enough venues on the ship to satisfy that many.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I would think RCCL would open more spots for C&A members as they can tell now how many of us are coming.
my hunch is that a boardwalk balcony on the 8th deck would be ideal for those who do want to fight the crowds . i bet a lot of the functions will be in and around the aqua theater . of course this is all guess work LOL